The Student Room Group

fat guy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhaenys10
did you really ask him what his size is?=)))))))))))

Yes!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys
So I have met this guy online dating
We're going on a date soon
Only thing is he is a size XL and I'm a girl who is a size six
I don't know is this a big size? Does it mean he's fat?
Do you think this is/should/shouldn't be a turn off?
I like his personality but thinking about his size puts me of

It would be hard to tell without seeing him. he could simply be large and muscular. You couldnt tell without a full body shot. He might work out and come in as XL or XXL simply becayse he was mire bulked up.

See what you think of the date and just treat it as some food etc with some company.
Original post by ELVsLP
so you haven't seen his pic?

and yet you wanna meet him?

sounds dodgy

unless you have? fact is theres no point asking us, some guys wear a bigger size even when they don't look that big. all depends on how tall they are and where the fat is distributed. meet him, if you like him then you like him. if you don't then don't meet him again after the date, simple as

I have seen it
But not his top body from far if that makes sense
Only his face
Original post by 999tigger
It would be hard to tell without seeing him. he could simply be large and muscular. You couldnt tell without a full body shot. He might work out and come in as XL or XXL simply becayse he was mire bulked up.

See what you think of the date and just treat it as some food etc with some company.

Ah okay yes I see what you mean
Yes!

why didn t you ask for a goddamn pic?
Ah okay yes I see what you mean

I'm only just reading the thread, but you commented you are worried he will get fatter as he ages. You arent marrying him. A relationship of 3-6 months would be a long one at your age. You are overthinking it.

Lets say he was nice and you liked him. If he was a bit overweight its something he could easily lose. Dont overthink it.

Please post on whether he was fat or not.
Original post by 999tigger
I'm only just reading the thread, but you commented you are worried he will get fatter as he ages. You arent marrying him. A relationship of 3-6 months would be a long one at your age. You are overthinking it.

Lets say he was nice and you liked him. If he was a bit overweight its something he could easily lose. Dont overthink it.

Please post on whether he was fat or not.

That's the thing, I don't know if he's fat, but he says he's an xlarge clothes size and says he will go gym more so I'm assuming he is.
I asked him for a full body photo but he says he doesn't have one, so I feel like it's awkward i I were to ask him for one or ask him how fat he is!
We both want something long term preferably to get married soon, like within a year or two.
But how would I know he would definately lose wait if we were together?

ask him on the date of course, if thats your main worry then be sure to tell him early.
he would do the same if he didn't like your weight, trust me!
That's the thing, I don't know if he's fat, but he says he's an xlarge clothes size and says he will go gym more so I'm assuming he is.
I asked him for a full body photo but he says he doesn't have one, so I feel like it's awkward i I were to ask him for one or ask him how fat he is!
We both want something long term preferably to get married soon, like within a year or two.

that means he s fat yeah
did you give him a pic of you?
I have to wear XL shirts with certain brands even when I'm lean these days because of my height and build. Definitely doesn't automatically mean you're fat.
Original post by WoodyMKC
I have to wear XL shirts with certain brands even when I'm lean these days because of my height and build. Definitely doesn't automatically mean you're fat.

i doubt this is the case with op's date lol
i doubt this is the case with op's date lol

Yeah just been reading back through the thread haha, most likely not.
Yeah just been reading back through the thread haha, most likely not.

yeah
honestly ppl are being all judgy and **** but i wouldn't go on a date with a person i didn't see first either:|
yeah
honestly ppl are being all judgy and **** but i wouldn't go on a date with a person i didn't see first either:|

Me neither. I'm into the gym lifestyle and require the same in a partner, sexual attraction is also very important to me. Doesn't make me shallow as several other things are also important to me - I'm very picky about who I let into my life and spend my time with based on the type of person they are.
I know but I'll be going against loads of people and behind there back to go on the date
Cause of my culture
So I want and hope the guys worth it

You're allowed to date... If other people don't like that, ignore them because they are living two centuries ago.
Me neither. I'm into the gym lifestyle and require the same in a partner, sexual attraction is also very important to me. Doesn't make me shallow as several other things are also important to me - I'm very picky about who I let into my life and spend my time with based on the type of person they are.

ikr
op mentioned the fact that this fella told her he'd go the gym... to me, that sounds like 'i m overweight rn but i intend to get fit ...God knows when'
and yeah, sexual attraction is important too... i mean if you don't look forward to a date (and op clearly doesn't) then what's the point of going? a free meal? no thanks

listen up mah gurl:smile:)
the fact that you wanna get married soon doesn't mean that you're compatible
everyone has a full body photo or a selfie or sth like that
this guy you're speaking too sounds really shady.. i mean he could be a 60 yr old for all you know
if u don't know what he looks like, how are u even going to recognise him when u get there?
I am a large on most UK/euro market shirts but that's down to my shoulder width so is it that OP
Hey guys
So I have met this guy online dating
We're going on a date soon
Only thing is he is a size XL and I'm a girl who is a size six
I don't know is this a big size? Does it mean he's fat?
Do you think this is/should/shouldn't be a turn off?
I like his personality but thinking about his size puts me of

dump him
Attachment doesn't work :P
Kinda tucked in , i guess it doesnt look too huge :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending