The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Apply Undergraduate courses via other requirements from IB, A-Level

Hi guys, I am from Malaysia.

I would like to know anyone had tried to apply to LSE with other requirements and sat for the UGAA.

Besides, any Malaysian had tried to apply not using STPM, A-Level and IB, then got sat for UGAA test?
Reply 1
Original post by rollsroyce_tan
Hi guys, I am from Malaysia.

I would like to know anyone had tried to apply to LSE with other requirements and sat for the UGAA.

Besides, any Malaysian had tried to apply not using STPM, A-Level and IB, then got sat for UGAA test?

Does this help?

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/informationForInternationalStudents/countryRegion/southEastAsia/Malaysia/entryRequirements.aspx

If you have specific requirements it's best to contact LSE admissions and check with them.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by jneill
Does this help?

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/informationForInternationalStudents/countryRegion/southEastAsia/Malaysia/entryRequirements.aspx

If you have specific requirements it's best to contact LSE admissions and check with them.

Thank you, I have seen that but currently I am studying diploma of 2 years which might meet the requirement as below which is on the LSE's website.

A year of university study from another institution*
*Applicants to whom we make an offer on the basis of an undergraduate degree are normally expected to obtain a B+ or the equivalent overall, but higher marks in specific subjects may also be necessary.
Reply 3
Thank you, I have seen that but currently I am studying diploma of 2 years which might meet the requirement as below which is on the LSE's website.

A year of university study from another institution*
*Applicants to whom we make an offer on the basis of an undergraduate degree are normally expected to obtain a B+ or the equivalent overall, but higher marks in specific subjects may also be necessary.

As I said, you should check directly with LSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
As I said, you should check directly with LSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. I had sent few emails to the alumni and LSE. Hope to get back with good news.
Reply 5
Hi im from Malaysia too, also studying a 2 years diploma, im planning to apply for bsc Finance, you said that you had email some alumni, can you please share the infomation with me?
Original post by Mcr342
Hi im from Malaysia too, also studying a 2 years diploma, im planning to apply for bsc Finance, you said that you had email some alumni, can you please share the infomation with me?

Hi there, the alumni said they are not in the position to answer my questions as there are certain stuff they are not allowed to discuss. Besides, I had got some e-mail from LSE but it does take a long time to reply. So, send your enquiries earlier to the LSE. Lastly, mind I asking which college are you in right now?
Reply 7
Hi there, the alumni said they are not in the position to answer my questions as there are certain stuff they are not allowed to discuss. Besides, I had got some e-mail from LSE but it does take a long time to reply. So, send your enquiries earlier to the LSE. Lastly, mind I asking which college are you in right now?

I'm in ktar right now, regretting as i chose it because it near my home.
I sent an enquiy, they replied in the same day but the answer is vague. Would you share the reply you've got from lse?
Original post by Mcr342
I'm in ktar right now, regretting as i chose it because it near my home.
I sent an enquiy, they replied in the same day but the answer is vague. Would you share the reply you've got from lse?

The Admissions Selector has confirmed you would be eligible for consideration on the basis of your Diploma in Finance, as long as you ensure you include your previous academic history on the application form. The Selector would also need to see the qualification you had studied at school and the grades you had obtained, in order to be able to make a full assessment of your application. We consider applications holistically and therefore the overall strength of your academic profile, personal statement and reference are very important for the Selector. It is likely that if your application was competitive, they would invite you to sit our Undergraduate Admissions Assessment (UGAA), before they made their final decision. You can find out more about the assessment here. They have not been able to confirm the grades they would ask from you as part of an application to LSE, as they would probably use their discretion to decide these after further research into the nature of your qualification. We usually conduct this research once an application has been received to ensure we have all of the relevant information to make an informed decision. However, it is likely we would ask for competitive grades that are equivalent to our A level entry requirements of AAA and the Selector would decide what they felt was an appropriate equivalency.
Reply 9
The Admissions Selector has confirmed you would be eligible for consideration on the basis of your Diploma in Finance, as long as you ensure you include your previous academic history on the application form. The Selector would also need to see the qualification you had studied at school and the grades you had obtained, in order to be able to make a full assessment of your application. We consider applications holistically and therefore the overall strength of your academic profile, personal statement and reference are very important for the Selector. It is likely that if your application was competitive, they would invite you to sit our Undergraduate Admissions Assessment (UGAA), before they made their final decision. You can find out more about the assessment here. They have not been able to confirm the grades they would ask from you as part of an application to LSE, as they would probably use their discretion to decide these after further research into the nature of your qualification. We usually conduct this research once an application has been received to ensure we have all of the relevant information to make an informed decision. However, it is likely we would ask for competitive grades that are equivalent to our A level entry requirements of AAA and the Selector would decide what they felt was an appropriate equivalency.

Thank you for sharing😌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending