The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance at Warwick Economics and Politics?

Hey Guys, I am in year 13 and am really stressed with the whole UCAS application process. After visiting the university at it's open day, it was clear to me Warwick would be my first choice. They are asking for A*AA for the course I'm applying to (Economics, Politics and International Studies) I don't know if I stand a chance at getting in or my other universities:

1. Warwick - Economics, Politics and International Studies - A*AA
2. LSE - Government and Economics - AAA
3. Bristol - Economics and Politics - AAA
4. Exeter - Economics and Politics - AAA
5. Southampton - Politics and Economics - ABB

My grades are:

Gcses- 2A* 5As 3Bs 1c
A levels (predicted)- History A* Economics A and Maths A
Personal Statement - loads of academic reading, relevant work experience etc.

Do I have a good chance of receiving an offer for Warwick and my other university options?

Have good day!
Original post by honeytango
Hey Guys, I am in year 13 and am really stressed with the whole UCAS application process. After visiting the university at it's open day, it was clear to me Warwick would be my first choice. They are asking for A*AA for the course I'm applying to (Economics, Politics and International Studies) I don't know if I stand a chance at getting in or my other universities:

1. Warwick - Economics, Politics and International Studies - A*AA
2. LSE - Government and Economics - AAA
3. Bristol - Economics and Politics - AAA
4. Exeter - Economics and Politics - AAA
5. Southampton - Politics and Economics - ABB

My grades are:

Gcses- 2A* 5As 3Bs 1c
A levels (predicted)- History A* Economics A and Maths A
Personal Statement - loads of academic reading, relevant work experience etc.

Do I have a good chance of receiving an offer for Warwick and my other university options?

Have good day!

what were your AS results?
Reply 2
Original post by citibankrec
what were your AS results?

That's the thing, our school are doing the new two year linear A level. So don't have any. So annoying
Original post by honeytango
That's the thing, our school are doing the new two year linear A level. So don't have any. So annoying

maths is still old spec
Hi mate, I'm applying for the same courses as you at Warwick, Bristol and LSE, along with:Oxford PPEBath either: politics with econ, or econ and politics

I think you have a chance of getting in.
Your GCSEs aren't great but might be good enough if your personal statement is good.
Maths is old spec so you did AS level in that, surely?

My grades at AS were 3 A's and B in maths, but I'll be predicted A*AA as well, if that's any guideline for you to work by, I've been told I have a strong chance of getting into my choices, so that's probably similar for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending