The Student Room Group

i'm a mess

first off. i know, i'm 17. why should i be a mess? wait till i get to x years old or x part of my life, then i'll really be in deep ****. also, why should i be so ungrateful? i have clean water, three meals a day, clothes, a house, education? i have the perfect life. so i should stop whining and get on with it.

i know all of this. but at the same time, i just can't

idek where this has come from. i just...idk. so much has happened. good and bad. well not really bad but i have opened my eyes and realized what's happening.

the good is really good, but when i think about the good, it reminds me of the bad and i feel ****. obviously people care about me, i know that like 5 people genuinely care about my well being, but they can't be around all the time you know? it's just i sit here, at 11:41 and feel miserable. and i'm like look homeland, man up stop feeling sorry for yourself but idk.

this doesnt even make sense. i just want to do something. meh. none of this made sense, why am i even posting this. i know the responses will be like "awww don't worry everything will be ok :h:" it wont. i appreciate the sentiment but it wont.

erm. yeah vent over i guess? was this even a vent? probably not. i also burnt my tongue while drinking my coffee so that's annoying.

i'm not really expecting much in terms of replies so dw? idk i hope you all have a nice day :redface:

also when something says allegro i expect it to be allegro, not andante just putting that out there
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by homeland.lsw
first off. i know, i'm 17. why should i be a mess? wait till i get to x years old or x part of my life, then i'll really be in deep ****. also, why should i be so ungrateful? i have clean water, three meals a day, clothes, a house, education? i have the perfect life. so i should stop whining and get on with it.

idek where this has come from. i just...idk. so much has happened. good and bad. well not really bad but i have opened my eyes and realized what's happening.

the good is really good, but when i think about the good, it reminds me of the bad and i feel ****. obviously people care about me, i know that like 5 people genuinely care about my well being, but they can't be around all the time you know? it's just i sit here, at 11:41 and feel miserable. and i'm like look homeland, man up stop feeling sorry for yourself but idk.

this doesnt even make sense. i just want to do something. meh. none of this made sense, why am i even posting this. i know the responses will be like "awww don't worry everything will be ok :h:" it wont. i appreciate the sentiment but it wont.

erm. yeah vent over i guess? was this even a vent? probably not. i also burnt my tongue while drinking my coffee so that's annoying.

i'm not really expecting much in terms of replies so dw? idk i hope you all have a nice day :redface:

Forget the small details. Move on forward, with your life, and maybe listen to some motivational speeches.

I know you aren't expecting much from this, but we can't keep making big decisions about the smallest things in life. Did the coffee burn your lips? Well, life is too bitter, so coffee should at least be sweet. Strive to make your coffee kinder; it is the splendor of souls that have reached the depths of darkness.
Original post by Kiritsugu
Forget the small details. Move on forward, with your life, and maybe listen to some motivational speeches.

I know you aren't expecting much from this, but we can't keep making big decisions about the smallest things in life. Did the coffee burn your lips? Well, life is too bitter, so coffee should at least be sweet. Strive to make your coffee kinder; it is the splendor of souls that have reached the depths of darkness.

so are you saying forget about the small things?

i kinda get what you mean, but i'm a dumb **** so can you just rephrase that. please :redface:
An alternative solution is to keep evolving. Get so involved with whatever your passion is that you exhaust yourself out. I once heard someone used to run so much that they purposely exhausted themselves. Perhaps a bit extreme but it could be just the thing you need to re-invigorate your spirits.
On the bright side , im a bigger mess XD
An alternative solution is to keep evolving. Get so involved with whatever your passion is that you exhaust yourself out. I once heard someone used to run so much that they purposely exhausted themselves. Perhaps a bit extreme but it could be just the thing you need to re-invigorate your spirits.

i try to do this. like i'm a freak ok, but i'm really interested in medications and how they work and stuff. idk i'm influenced by people close to me, so i try and research them. get a basic understanding of them. that keeps me preoccupied, but then i see something that just reminds me of why i feel so crappy and i just go back to my feeling sorry for myself state of mind.

sometimes i just need a hug, but there's no one there to give me one :redface:

i kinda get what you mean, but i'm a dumb **** so can you just rephrase that. please :redface:

Maybe I'm the dumba$$ here.

They say "The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life."

I suggested earlier to get involved in all aspects of life, so much that you take in everything and exhaust yourself. But that could have negative consequences. Maybe then, you could focus on small things that are beneficial.
http://tinybuddha.com/blog/40-little-things-that-make-a-big-difference-in-your-day/

I would think that small details are stuff like a negative comment or attitude that someone made about you no matter how small it was - if you don't forget stuff like that, then it will linger in the back of your mind. For all we know, that person could have been having a really bad day too. In fact, most people's days are "bad" but it doesn't have to be that way.

Am I making sense here or am I rambling on?
:angelwings:
Umm, this might seem awkward, but someone once mentioned that to rest easy in understanding someone else but not opening up to them is disgusting self-gratification. I don't think that applies here though. If you don't mind, you can tell us what makes you feel so crappy?
I'm 17 and have big issues too. I have a big problem that I don't tell anyone. I therefore think it's silly to ask you of what makes you feel crappy...

About the coffee, if it bothered you so much, just make it better next time - that's what I meant. Maybe make it to perfection. Sometimes the darkness of the coffee mirrors one's soul. I don't really like dark coffee though, but I think of my soul as dark. That's weird.
Maybe I'm the dumba$$ here.

They say "The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life."

I suggested earlier to get involved in all aspects of life, so much that you take in everything and exhaust yourself. But that could have negative consequences. Maybe then, you could focus on small things that are beneficial.
http://tinybuddha.com/blog/40-little-things-that-make-a-big-difference-in-your-day/

I would think that small details are stuff like a negative comment or attitude that someone made about you no matter how small it was - if you don't forget stuff like that, then it will linger in the back of your mind. For all we know, that person could have been having a really bad day too. In fact, most people's days are "bad" but it doesn't have to be that way.

Am I making sense here or am I rambling on?
:angelwings:

people make negative comments all the time, i've got to a point where i simply don't care anymore.

you do make sense. thank you. the list was a nice read, there are definitely somethings i could do on it which will make me feel better.
Umm, this might seem awkward, but someone once mentioned that to rest easy in understanding someone else but not opening up to them is disgusting self-gratification. I don't think that applies here though. If you don't mind, you can tell us what makes you feel so crappy?

coming to terms with everything. arguing day in and out with the same people. just not good things

I'm 17 and have big issues too. I have a big problem that I don't tell anyone. I therefore think it's silly to ask you of what makes you feel crappy...

About the coffee, if it bothered you so much, just make it better next time - that's what I meant. Maybe make it to perfection. Sometimes the darkness of the coffee mirrors one's soul. I don't really like dark coffee though, but I think of my soul as dark. That's weird.

ah no the coffee was fine, i just forgot it was hot xD
same. i can't wait for mondays. i wish i could just stay in school or some ****.

i can't do anything to change it...i just have to put up with everything. maybe it will change soon? idk. this morning i woke up hoping it was monday lol, then i was like bahhhhhhhhhh no. -_-

also when something says allegro i expect it to be allegro, not andante just putting that out there

I read that and tbh I found most of it unintelligible.

The only bits I could gather is that you are seventeen and unhappy. You dont really say why. Sometimes life sucks. Cant really offer any advice, except follow a course of action which makes your misert less misrable and plan for change in the future.
Sorry you're having a tough time :frown: If you need to vent or chat about something to someone though, the mental health section is actually really great. Loads of understanding people there
coming to terms with everything. arguing day in and out with the same people. just not good things

ah no the coffee was fine, i just forgot it was hot xD

Arguing huh... If you're arguing day in day out with the same people then something is wrong. I wouldn't like to blame anyone but maybe you could be the bigger person and try some different tactics. Like maybe you could try to never raise your voice. Sorry, I'm kinda useless at advice about arguing. The way I solve arguing is actually talking about it, and thinking about the TRUE PROBLEM and thinking very carefully about all the different possibilities and talk positively.
(edited 7 years ago)

I was 17 last year when I started uni. I lived in a self-catered studio in private accommodation, so I totally understand you. Uni can be extremely overwhelming, jumping from the comfort of support from high school to being totally alone is a difficult step for all of us. Here's a few milestones you should set for yourself.

Nutrition
What I suggest you do is make sure you get your nutrition sorted out first. YES, nutrition. An empty stomach induces emptiness in your feels more than anything. It is also one of the more difficult things to get sorted out.

Planners
Who the f*** uses planners?? Smart people. Get a daily planner from your guild or stationary shop, they cost maybe a quid or two. I cannot emphasise this enough, but planners greatly helped me sort my priorities. Draw a line across your daily planner and make one side your academic obligations, and the other your extra-curricular commitments. you will be fine.

Leisure Management
Find something that you like to do in your free time that is NOT browsing the web. Comic books, fiction, pool, whatever you're into.

Whatever you do, just know that you DO NOT NEED anyone else other than yourself. You are an adult now, get your sh!t sorted brother!
Original post by 999tigger
I read that and tbh I found most of it unintelligible.

The only bits I could gather is that you are seventeen and unhappy. You dont really say why. Sometimes life sucks. Cant really offer any advice, except follow a course of action which makes your misert less misrable and plan for change in the future.

it's ok. tbh i was up until like 3am watching random **** so yeah...idk why i am awake. so yeah.

i'm unhappy because i just am. i don't know why. i have no reason to be unhappy i just am?

thanks for your advice
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Sorry you're having a tough time :frown: If you need to vent or chat about something to someone though, the mental health section is actually really great. Loads of understanding people there

i will. thanks.
A cancer patient said "Don't sweat the small stuff'. The small obstacles we face in life. You may think you'll stay like this forever but you won't.
This is really motivating
[video="youtube;GwfhH8yDZQo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwfhH8yDZQo[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending