The Student Room Group

i'm a mess

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kiritsugu
Arguing huh... If you're arguing day in day out with the same people then something is wrong. I wouldn't like to blame anyone but maybe you could be the bigger person and try some different tactics. Like maybe you could try to never raise your voice. Sorry, I'm kinda useless at advice about arguing. The way I solve arguing is actually talking about it, and thinking about the TRUE PROBLEM and thinking very carefully about all the different possibilities and talk positively.

the person i argue with has a very stubborn personality. we can never agree on anything. i don't raise my voice, but i can say hurtful things idk. i'm not exactly the warmest person around :redface:

there's no leeway with them either. it's their word or nothing. take it or leave it :redface:
Original post by Actually_Felix
I was 17 last year when I started uni. I lived in a self-catered studio in private accommodation, so I totally understand you. Uni can be extremely overwhelming, jumping from the comfort of support from high school to being totally alone is a difficult step for all of us. Here's a few milestones you should set for yourself.

Nutrition
What I suggest you do is make sure you get your nutrition sorted out first. YES, nutrition. An empty stomach induces emptiness in your feels more than anything. It is also one of the more difficult things to get sorted out.

Planners
Who the f*** uses planners?? Smart people. Get a daily planner from your guild or stationary shop, they cost maybe a quid or two. I cannot emphasise this enough, but planners greatly helped me sort my priorities. Draw a line across your daily planner and make one side your academic obligations, and the other your extra-curricular commitments. you will be fine.

Leisure Management
Find something that you like to do in your free time that is NOT browsing the web. Comic books, fiction, pool, whatever you're into.

Whatever you do, just know that you DO NOT NEED anyone else other than yourself. You are an adult now, get your sh!t sorted brother!

nutrition- pretty useful actually, lately i've lost my appetite, dont know why. i struggle to eat a lot.

i've got a planner so...

i try and concentrate on my music. composing and playing. it's certainly a stress reliever but only for a while.
there is.
i'm not allowed out unfortunately. so i'm pretty much housebound against my will xD.
trust man i want a job sooooo much.
Original post by homeland.lsw
the person i argue with has a very stubborn personality. we can never agree on anything. i don't raise my voice, but i can say hurtful things idk. i'm not exactly the warmest person around :redface:

there's no leeway with them either. it's their word or nothing. take it or leave it :redface:

The Russians and US cannot keep arguing forever about Syria and wish that peace will remain. There needs to be a compromise imo.

Instead of take it or leave it, why not split pot? Have you thought of any compromises you could make? And if that person is being completely unreasonable, talk to some professionals.
Original post by saraxh
A cancer patient said "Don't sweat the small stuff'. The small obstacles we face in life. You may think you'll stay like this forever but you won't.
This is really motivating
[video="youtube;GwfhH8yDZQo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwfhH8yDZQo[/video]

thanks. i know it won't be like this forever. but idk, anyday could be my last.
bleak i know...
there is.
i'm not allowed out unfortunately. so i'm pretty much housebound against my will xD.
trust man i want a job sooooo much.

#FightForFreedom
The Russians and US cannot keep arguing forever about Syria and wish that peace will remain. There needs to be a compromise imo.

Instead of take it or leave it, why not split pot? Have you thought of any compromises you could make? And if that person is being completely unreasonable, talk to some professionals.

we've made compromises. not good ones...but better than nothing i guess.

#FightForFreedom

tried+failed
nothing.

my parents just won't let me go out. they said something like "you should be revising not going out. this is the most important time of your life, don't **** it up"

tried+failed

Are you telling me that you've spoken to professionals and helpline people?
Are you telling me that you've spoken to professionals and helpline people?

no...but i don't really want to. i just don't trust that kind of stuff
Life sucks. Go sit in the garden for half an hour get some fresh air. You are 17, things change, put one foot in front of the other
first off. i know, i'm 17. why should i be a mess? wait till i get to x years old or x part of my life, then i'll really be in deep ****. also, why should i be so ungrateful? i have clean water, three meals a day, clothes, a house, education? i have the perfect life. so i should stop whining and get on with it.

i know all of this. but at the same time, i just can't

idek where this has come from. i just...idk. so much has happened. good and bad. well not really bad but i have opened my eyes and realized what's happening.

the good is really good, but when i think about the good, it reminds me of the bad and i feel ****. obviously people care about me, i know that like 5 people genuinely care about my well being, but they can't be around all the time you know? it's just i sit here, at 11:41 and feel miserable. and i'm like look homeland, man up stop feeling sorry for yourself but idk.

this doesnt even make sense. i just want to do something. meh. none of this made sense, why am i even posting this. i know the responses will be like "awww don't worry everything will be ok :h:" it wont. i appreciate the sentiment but it wont.

erm. yeah vent over i guess? was this even a vent? probably not. i also burnt my tongue while drinking my coffee so that's annoying.

i'm not really expecting much in terms of replies so dw? idk i hope you all have a nice day :redface:

also when something says allegro i expect it to be allegro, not andante just putting that out there

its never too late to make a change. If you're feeling like a mess then dont sit there and moan, get up and be productive because you will feel so much better. it's never too late. I mean col. sanders (KFC owner) had his entire life play against him to the extent that he was going to commit suicide. However, one small change in his mindset led him from wanting to commit suicide to becoming a millionaire.
Reply 32
thanks. i know it won't be like this forever. but idk, anyday could be my last.
bleak i know...

What do you mean by this? :console:
no...but i don't really want to. i just don't trust that kind of stuff

I understand why you might not trust them. But I just want to say that they're there for you if you need them.

And saying it could be your last day - that's kinda scary lol.

Why are you grounded or whatever? If you are, then do you think it's justified?
Yeah nutrition is good advice. And Sleep.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Life sucks. Go sit in the garden for half an hour get some fresh air. You are 17, things change, put one foot in front of the other

:redface: I actually appreciate your bluntness. Thanks. I know things change, but I just wish they'd change now :lol: But yeah, just keep going I guess.
Original post by Deyesy
What do you mean by this? :console:

i don't mean suicide. I'm not a coward or anything. I love people around me and I can't lose them and I don't want them to lose me.

i mean, what if I got hit by a bus or idk. idk what's going to happen lol
I understand why you might not trust them. But I just want to say that they're there for you if you need them.

And saying it could be your last day - that's kinda scary lol.

Why are you grounded or whatever? If you are, then do you think it's justified?
Yeah nutrition is good advice. And Sleep.

yeah maybe.

again i don't mean suicide. it's just life's a *****

like i said earlier, i'm not grounded, i didn't do anything wrong, i'm just forced to stay at home
Original post by saraxh
A cancer patient said "Don't sweat the small stuff'. The small obstacles we face in life. You may think you'll stay like this forever but you won't.
This is really motivating
[video="youtube;GwfhH8yDZQo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwfhH8yDZQo[/video]

By any chance, did you hear the quote from one of FouseyTube's videos?
Original post by Hamza Rashid
its never too late to make a change. If you're feeling like a mess then dont sit there and moan, get up and be productive because you will feel so much better. it's never too late. I mean col. sanders (KFC owner) had his entire life play against him to the extent that he was going to commit suicide. However, one small change in his mindset led him from wanting to commit suicide to becoming a millionaire.

no i know. i'm doing my best to make my future as good as possible. but right now in the present...it's not great?
yeah maybe.

again i don't mean suicide. it's just life's a *****

like i said earlier, i'm not grounded, i didn't do anything wrong, i'm just forced to stay at home

Oh. Yeah I get your drift. Maybe before thinking about plans to leave home and be your own man/woman, sort out your relations at home first.

Trust me, no matter what, you cannot reset life, but you can reset relationships.
:angelwings:

Quick Reply

Latest