The Student Room Group

i'm a mess

Scroll to see replies

I know they're overreacting. thanks and you too.
Original post by Kiritsugu
Oh. Yeah I get your drift. Maybe before thinking about plans to leave home and be your own man/woman, sort out your relations at home first.

Trust me, no matter what, you cannot reset life, but you can reset relationships.
:angelwings:

the thing is, it's always me that has to change. why should i always have to agree with everything i'm told? I'm always in the wrong. never anyone else?
Original post by homeland.lsw
first off. i know, i'm 17. why should i be a mess? wait till i get to x years old or x part of my life, then i'll really be in deep ****. also, why should i be so ungrateful? i have clean water, three meals a day, clothes, a house, education? i have the perfect life. so i should stop whining and get on with it.

i know all of this. but at the same time, i just can't

idek where this has come from. i just...idk. so much has happened. good and bad. well not really bad but i have opened my eyes and realized what's happening.

the good is really good, but when i think about the good, it reminds me of the bad and i feel ****. obviously people care about me, i know that like 5 people genuinely care about my well being, but they can't be around all the time you know? it's just i sit here, at 11:41 and feel miserable. and i'm like look homeland, man up stop feeling sorry for yourself but idk.

this doesnt even make sense. i just want to do something. meh. none of this made sense, why am i even posting this. i know the responses will be like "awww don't worry everything will be ok :h:" it wont. i appreciate the sentiment but it wont.

erm. yeah vent over i guess? was this even a vent? probably not. i also burnt my tongue while drinking my coffee so that's annoying.

i'm not really expecting much in terms of replies so dw? idk i hope you all have a nice day :redface:

also when something says allegro i expect it to be allegro, not andante just putting that out there

1. ever heard of maslow's pyramid? your basic needs are fulfilled, but your superior ones aren't - that's why you're not feeling good

2. usually, that's how it goes.. not a lot of people care about you, but hey, that shouldn't bother you, and more importantly, that shouldn't prevent you from giving your best at all times... help people, but don't ever expect anything in return! it will definitely pay off in the long run

3. ur right, it won't be okay unless you do something about it. ur not feeling like **** for no reason, there's obviously something bugging you, so try to figure out what that is asap. don't waste time doing crap u don't like, stop spending time around toxic people, and don't worry about the future. just focus on the present and think of what you can do now to improve yourself. and getting ur tongue burnt? meh, it's not like it's not gonna go away in a day or so (did this really happen or is it all just a metaphor?)

4. just let it all go mate, okay? do something that you love for at least 10 mins every day, try yoga or painting or singing or dancing... all this are forms of catharsis and u sound like u definitely need sth like this.. and don't bottle up ur feelings - talk to someone about stuff, or if you're shy, keep a journal..

5. don't worry about what other ppl think about you.. even when u do sth stupid or say sth that's not masculine enough or idk, u can be sure they'll forget about it in an hour or so. we all care about urselves, and we're selfish as **** - which in this case may be an advantage

6. that's a pretty smooth way to wrap this up, although i'm having trouble understanding exactly what ur talking about:smile:)
Original post by Rhaenys10
1. ever heard of maslow's pyramid? your basic needs are fulfilled, but your superior ones aren't - that's why you're not feeling good

2. usually, that's how it goes.. not a lot of people care about you, but hey, that shouldn't bother you, and more importantly, that shouldn't prevent you from giving your best at all times... help people, but don't ever expect anything in return! it will definitely pay off in the long run

3. ur right, it won't be okay unless you do something about it. ur not feeling like **** for no reason, there's obviously something bugging you, so try to figure out what that is asap. don't waste time doing crap u don't like, stop spending time around toxic people, and don't worry about the future. just focus on the present and think of what you can do now to improve yourself. and getting ur tongue burnt? meh, it's not like it's not gonna go away in a day or so (did this really happen or is it all just a metaphor?)

4. just let it all go mate, okay? do something that you love for at least 10 mins every day, try yoga or painting or singing or dancing... all this are forms of catharsis and u sound like u definitely need sth like this.. and don't bottle up ur feelings - talk to someone about stuff, or if you're shy, keep a journal..

5. don't worry about what other ppl think about you.. even when u do sth stupid or say sth that's not masculine enough or idk, u can be sure they'll forget about it in an hour or so. we all care about urselves, and we're selfish as **** - which in this case may be an advantage

6. that's a pretty smooth way to wrap this up, although i'm having trouble understanding exactly what ur talking about:smile:)

1) i've heard of it yes. i just felt guilty for complaining. i'm that kind of person. but yeah 100% get you. my basics needs are fulfilled but not others.

2) tbh i'd much rather have 5 people care about me a lot rather than 30 kinda sorta care about me. so that doesn't bother me. it's just i don't want to constantly be pestering them or have my negative mood bring them down. plus they can't always be around for me. they have their own life and problems. ofc i help them with their stuff so, especially one guy. he has some ****ed up **** happening to him and i can't do anything to help which makes it even worse.

3) i tried my hardest to do something to help, but it's not all up to me, my parents control my life. i can only argue with them so much. and no, it wasn't a metaphor, i burnt my tongue this morning which pissed me off :lol:

4) i do, my music keeps me going. i love it. but i can't do it 24/7 i do it as much as i can though.

6) i was listening to some music. it was supposed to be allegro (really fast) but it was only andante (walking pace) so that annoyed me
1) i've heard of it yes. i just felt guilty for complaining. i'm that kind of person. but yeah 100% get you. my basics needs are fulfilled but not others.

2) tbh i'd much rather have 5 people care about me a lot rather than 30 kinda sorta care about me. so that doesn't bother me. it's just i don't want to constantly be pestering them or have my negative mood bring them down. plus they can't always be around for me. they have their own life and problems. ofc i help them with their stuff so, especially one guy. he has some ****ed up **** happening to him and i can't do anything to help which makes it even worse.

3) i tried my hardest to do something to help, but it's not all up to me, my parents control my life. i can only argue with them so much. and no, it wasn't a metaphor, i burnt my tongue this morning which pissed me off :lol:

4) i do, my music keeps me going. i love it. but i can't do it 24/7 i do it as much as i can though.

6) i was listening to some music. it was supposed to be allegro (really fast) but it was only andante (walking pace) so that annoyed me

Have you ever heard about James Altucher?
Original post by Rhaenys10
Have you ever heard about James Altucher?

can't say that i have, no :redface:
can't say that i have, no :redface:

https://www.quora.com/profile/James-Altucher

read some of his answers.. they're brilliant, and please let me know if you find any of them useful:wink:
the thing is, it's always me that has to change. why should i always have to agree with everything i'm told? I'm always in the wrong. never anyone else?

"Everyone is a slave to their past. No matter how much you wish to move forward, the events of last year will bear down on you like the light of the stars as soon as you glance up. Unable to laugh or to banish your past, you carry it ceaselessly in a corner of your heart, waiting for it to resurrect at an inopportune moment. "

It sounds like you're being cleverly forced to do things you don't want to do. WHY SHOULD THEY MAKE A COMPROMISE THAT'S IN FAVOUR OF THEM WHEN IT'S YOUR LIFE?

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world. but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise, by feeding you a convenient little fib. "
"It is better to be hated for what you are. Than to be loved for what you are not."

You say that 5 people really care about you. About the people who are forcing you to not have freedom - I can see why you feel very agitated about your "negative attitude" and arguing. You shouldn't let people tell you who to be. If you could be change yourself so easily, then you wouldn't be your "self".

"You can’t take back the answer you already gave out. There’s no use in crying over spilled milk. The egg you broke won’t come back. All the horses and soldiers of a king will never return to his side again.It doesn’t matter what was said. You can never wipe away a bad impression.Even though the opposite is so simple in comparison. Just one word will make someone appear hateful. Just doing one thing would make you seem hateful.That’s why excuses are meaningless. Because even those excuses will make you look hateful."

"You can't run away" is an ideal for the strong. You're not always wrong. Society, the world, the people around you - often someone else is in the wrong. To think that you can change is adapting to this cruel, indifferent, trashy world. It's admitting defeat and servility. You're simply deceiving yourself by dressing it up with pretty words."

All of these quotes is from Hikigaya Hachima - one of my favourite characters of ALL TIME.

If you agreed with these quotes, you should watch Oregairu.
Unfortunately, I don't know the whole situation, so I can't say anything more.
don't worry. ur life will get better. everyone's does eventually.
Right now ur probably being pessimistic,so try to be optimistic.Listen to a song that makes you happy and don't give up.Wait let me post some songs below:smile:

[video="youtube;y6Sxv-sUYtM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM[/video]

Hope you feel better:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
what up dawg?
[video="youtube;P6Ipeu6Z26g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Ipeu6Z26g[/video]
And this one.A really motivational song:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tamil fever
don't worry. ur life will get better. everyone's does eventually.
Right now ur probably being pessimistic,so try to be optimistic.Listen to a song that makes you happy and don't give up.Wait let me post some songs below:smile:

[video="youtube;y6Sxv-sUYtM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM[/video]

Hope you feel better:biggrin:

no i'm not. i just see life how it is. i don't live in happy fairy land. also no offence but i dislike happy songs
Original post by sfaraj
what up dawg?

nothing much
nothing much

den y so glum chum
Original post by sfaraj
den y so glum chum

not that glum anymore :')
Reply 56
i don't mean suicide. I'm not a coward or anything. I love people around me and I can't lose them and I don't want them to lose me.

i mean, what if I got hit by a bus or idk. idk what's going to happen lol

Suicide is one of the least cowardly things anyone can do in my humble opinion. It actually takes alot of strength. I'm really glad to hear you don't want to end your life though. I guess no-one knows what's going to happen to them which means we should try and make as big a positive impact on other people's lives as possible in the time we do have.
x

What's the matter? :frown: :console:
Reply 58
i know the responses will be like "awww don't worry everything will be ok :h:" it wont. i appreciate the sentiment but it wont.

then allow me to try a different approach mate.

you need to stop thinking this way right now, you really do need to stop. as you identified you'll get some sympathetic throwaway phrases but you're the only person that can help yourself out of this.

volunteering can be an incredibly humbling experience, especially for people like yourself that already have the 'perfect life'. why not give it a try and allow yourself to see first hand the very 'unperfect' life that some have.
I think alot of people invalidate our feelings when they're trying to be helpful. Like 'cheer up' OH GEEZ I feel so much better now!!! /sarcasm

But when you start to stand up for your feelings and say 'you know what, I feel **** and that's allowed, I'm human and I'm entitled to feel whatever i'm feeling' then it becomes less of a struggle.

Whatever is upsetting you, there are people who care. If you are feeling rough, go to your GP, phone or email samaritans, talk to your school/university guidance, look up self help like CBT, mindfulness or meditation. If none of that works, don't give up, just push through every day because life will give you a break eventually

Quick Reply

Latest