The Student Room Group

What's a group interview like?

Got an interview on Thursday at Artisan people for a part-time temporary job and I rang up to find out about times and locations. She then told me it was going to be a group interview and to be honest, the idea kind of scares me... This is my first ever interview aswell.

Any advice or knowledge on the subject? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

They tend to do silly ice-breaker games.
Original post by Collegeisbae
Got an interview on Thursday at Artisan people for a part-time temporary job and I rang up to find out about times and locations. She then told me it was going to be a group interview and to be honest, the idea kind of scares me... This is my first ever interview aswell.

I've had a group interview once.. ur definitely gonna be asked to collaborate with the other ppl there at some point, but don't worry if they seem better than u or anything.. in my case, there were 3 interviewees (including me), and both another guy and I were chosen

just relax and do ur best
Reply 3
Original post by Rhaenys10
I've had a group interview once.. ur definitely gonna be asked to collaborate with the other ppl there at some point, but don't worry if they seem better than u or anything.. in my case, there were 3 interviewees (including me), and both another guy and I were chosen

Oh goodness... well just going have to try my best I suppose. Did the interviewers ask many questions? Thanks for the advice.
Reply 4
I just had a group interview at ASDA, they called it Asda Magic aha. But all we did was talk, and they wanted to see how we interact with people we don't know, if we look people in the eyes when we talk etc, we played stupid games and introduced each other - could have been a lot worse. I got the job though :tongue:
Oh goodness... well just going have to try my best I suppose. Did the interviewers ask many questions? Thanks for the advice.

it depends
they'll usually start by asking each of u questions separately.. the group task usually comes towards the end
make sure u don't come across as overbearing, but try to be assertive enough too
and if there's a chance for you to help one of the other ppl there, don't hesitate to do it!

Where was your group interview?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Where was your group interview?

HMC interview for a scholarship
Reply 8
it depends
they'll usually start by asking each of u questions separately.. the group task usually comes towards the end
make sure u don't come across as overbearing, but try to be assertive enough too
and if there's a chance for you to help one of the other ppl there, don't hesitate to do it!

That sounds a lot better, would prefer them to ask questions separately and I'll try my best to follow your instructions, thanks again.
HMC interview for a scholarship

Cool, what's the scholarship entail?
Original post by Goaded
I just had a group interview at ASDA, they called it Asda Magic aha. But all we did was talk, and they wanted to see how we interact with people we don't know, if we look people in the eyes when we talk etc, we played stupid games and introduced each other - could have been a lot worse. I got the job though :tongue:

Congratulations on getting the job! :smile: That's great! That sounds like a pretty relaxed interview, I think I'd quite like that. Hope mine is similar.
Reply 11
Congratulations on getting the job! :smile: That's great! That sounds like a pretty relaxed interview, I think I'd quite like that. Hope mine is similar.

Just relax and be yourself. You'll be fine :smile:
Cool, what's the scholarship entail?

25,000 pound scholarship for a year at a boarding school in the uk (for lower sixth form), with the possibility of doing upper sixth there too
25,000 pound scholarship for a year at a boarding school in the uk (for lower sixth form), with the possibility of doing upper sixth there too

That's good. :smile: is this the school you're at now?
That's good. :smile: is this the school you're at now?

nah
i turned it down and finished college in romania
didn't really like the school they put me in
idk it just didn't feel right but now i still want to go to uni in the uk lol
nah
i turned it down and finished college in romania
didn't really like the school they put me in
idk it just didn't feel right but now i still want to go to uni in the uk lol

Okay. :smile: I bet that was fun. What was Romania like?
Okay. :smile: I bet that was fun. What was Romania like?

=))))))))))))))))not necessarily better, but it all turned out well in the end
but now that i live in austria i do kinda miss it
=))))))))))))))))not necessarily better, but it all turned out well in the end
but now that i live in austria i do kinda miss it

Good. And, that's awesome :smile:, I bet the cousins is interesting.

I've run group interviews - what they tend to look for is how well people mix with others. Do they dominate the group? Can they share ideas and, if there is a group task, reach a good compromise?

Try to listen to others but do contribute.
Good. And, that's awesome :smile:, I bet the cousins is interesting.

the cousins? :smile:))waat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending