The Student Room Group

Women do not know how to choose good partners, arrage marriages are not bas

Women do not know how to chose a good partner to marry and have children with particularly young women. They always go for the badboys and look for drama and excitement. Therefore, overlooking the good stable guys that would make great partners and fathers. As a woman, I honestly believe women make love decisions emotionally and are easily fooled and blinded.

Arrange marriages were created in order to protect young woman and help them decide since most young women don't know a good man if they see one. Look st the divorce rates, 70 percent divorces are initiated by women that chose their men. They all soon discovered these were the wrong men for them but learn too late.

Force marriages are bad, no one should ever be forced. But there's nothing with arrange marriages as long as both parties agree to it. No one knows you better than your parents.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No thanks. I want to be in love with the person before I marry them.
Reply 2
Original post by Sarahsez
No one knows you better than your parents.

I know myself better than my parents. They wouldn't know who is 'right' for me.
And, guys only want a trophy wife. See, I can be horribly stereotypical too. :h:
Women do not know how to chose a good partner to marry and have children with particularly young women. They always go for the badboys and look for drama and excitement. Therefore, overlooking the good stable guys that would make great partners and fathers. As a woman, I honestly believe women make love decisions emotionally and are easily fooled and blinded.

Arrange marriages were created in order to protect young woman and help them decide since most young women don't know a good man if they see one. Look st the divorce rates, 70 percent divorces are initiated by women that chose their men. They all soon discovered these were the wrong men for them but learn too late.

Force marriages are bad, no one should ever be forced. But there's nothing with arrange marriages as long as both parties agree to it. No one knows you better than your parents.

stable guys? u mean those men who take care of horses and sweep princesses off their feet in fairtytales?
Lmao no. Parents can't read the minds of their kids, they have no idea what I want and believe it or not, you can have unhappy arranged marriages.

Go hide under a rock OP.
Women are really not as helpless and dizty as you make out.
Lol this is the most sexist thread I have ever seen on TSR. And trust me, as a boy of almost 18 even I have been blinded by love and could have easily avoided the pain it caused me.
Reply 9
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Post this on the I-SOC thread where idiots will actually agree with you.

Excuse me :colonhash:
Reply 10

Arrange marriages were created in order to protect young woman and help them

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brainwashing worked well with this one.
Arranged marriages may work in some cultures where parents have tighter control of their daughters, but in Western society it wouldn't work because girls and young women have more freedom to choose their life partner. There is also the fact that you don't really know someone until you live with them. I have been married twice - widowed once and divorced once. I didn't have parents to arrange my marriages, but if I had, I'd be sure to tell them to take a long walk offa short pier if they had tried to arrange either of my marriages, and the same goes for my own children., who would not appreciate me interfering in their lives to the extent of choosing their husbands.
It's a non-starter.
OP probably had some love failures in life. 1M% sure of this.
Reply 13
No one knows you better than your parents.

I know myself better
aaand now let's get down to pointing out the flaws in ur argument lol

most young women don't know a good man if they see one.

believe me, i know a good man when i see him lol.. it's not that complicated rlly

They always go for the badboys and look for drama and excitement.

what's wrong with that? usually, the bad boy thing is just a facade. u know how many seemingly innocent men are actually manipulative dicks? and i doubt that anyone is ever looking for drama

Look st the divorce rates, 70 percent divorces are initiated by women that chose their men

because women in arranged marriages don't usually have a say in anything except what they cook for lunch.. and i'm having doubts about that too lol

Arrange marriages were created in order to protect young woman and help them decide since most young women don't know a good man if they see one.

that's complete and utter bs
arranged marriages were created to secure the wealth of certain families and secure alliances

As a woman, I honestly believe women make love decisions emotionally and are easily fooled and blinded.

there's always something wrong with women isn't it?
if we marry someone we love, we're stupid
if we marry sb out of interest, we're gold diggers
(edited 7 years ago)
What makes so called badboys bad partners?

I agree that abuse and infidelity is awful, but ignoring that, fun exciting men who bring the woman happiness are far better than monotony and safety.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rhaenys10
stable guys? u mean those men who take care of horses

fuaaaaaaaaaaaark :rofl:
Original post by MagnetoWasRight
What makes so called badboys bad partners?

I agree that abuse and infidelity is awful, but ignoring that, fun exciting men who bring the woman happiness are far better than monotony and safety.

it's not like a so called 'good guy' can't abuse your or cheat on you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending