The Student Room Group

So I applied for a temp job not knowing if it's part time or full time...

As soon as I was old enough I sent out CVs and job application forms to hundreds of stores in Hanley for any job which was part time or temporary. Most of them were pretty clear on hours, but there was one which only said temporary on there. Part time or full time was not specified. I applied anyway as I didn't think I'd hear anything from them...

I've got an interview there on Thursday and kind of need it to be part time as I'm a college student.

Help! What do I do?
Ask?
Reply 2
Original post by magratgarlick
Ask?

I was thinking that, but I've rang up today to ask about the time and place, so feel like I'm kind of pestering them...
No - don't need feel bad about it. They don't want to be wasting time interviewing people who don't want the job so it's best for you and them to be clear :smile:

If it turns out this job is full time, you get the opportunity to ask if they have any part time vacancies
Reply 4
No - don't need feel bad about it. They don't want to be wasting time interviewing people who don't want the job so it's best for you and them to be clear :smile:

If it turns out this job is full time, you get the opportunity to ask if they have any part time vacancies

I've done what you've said and emailed them, as like you said, they won't want waste their time. I'll definitely do that if it's full time :smile: Thanks
Reply 5

I just wondered aswell; it does say on my CV that I'm a college student, so surely they'll know I can only work part time?
Reply 6
Original post by Collegeisbae
I just wondered aswell; it does say on my CV that I'm a college student, so surely they'll know I can only work part time?

Not necessarily, you could be doing an online/part time/evening course etc.
Best to find out before wasting each others' time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending