The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cleverboy12
what if you're planning on doing a masters?

Should be fine in that case

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone done Gleacher Shacklock or M&G interview?
Original post by makrxx
Anyone done Gleacher Shacklock or M&G interview?

gleacher is just a quick call

motivational, testing your banking knowledge, cv questions

AC will be held in mid october-mid november

final round is on the 19th November.
Anyone knows what's up with KPMG consulting and corporate finance vacation scheme? They seem to be already closed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
for lazard, can you apply to diff divisions for summer internship ?
Original post by TheBankinator
Just got HSBC email confirming met the required benchmark for SJT and inductive reasoning and that my app will now be reviewed in more detail.

How long after the inductive test did it take for the email to come?
Any advice for the Nomura Numerical and Logical? Is it particularly hard or pretty standard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Any advice for the Nomura Numerical and Logical? Is it particularly hard or pretty standard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's pretty standard, slightly harder than other banks, but not by much. Their logical is the one which you need to be wary of and requires the most practice.
Reply 3228
Anyone done the Barclays online interview? how was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Numerical is ok, you have plenty of time, but in logical you will have a time pressure since there is only 12min for 24q, my advice is try not lose much time in earlier questions and keep some time for last questions, last few questions are relatively harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how to email Barclays graduate careers? There is no email adress anywhere
Do Kenexa not have any practice tests anymore on their website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know whether or not Citi will tell you if you passed their numerical?
And what kind of timeframe have people seen for a response to their application post tests?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.
Original post by panda12
And what kind of timeframe have people seen for a response to their application post tests?

I think they hold your application regardless. Because last year I was called to an AC in April after a Summer Analyst dropped out (applied in October). Was insanely competitive though that late, nearly all MSc students.
Original post by panda12

Around one week later they will let you know if you met their minimum benchmark.
I got this mail last monday, still waiting for further information
Original post by DaFrenchy
Around one week later they will let you know if you met their minimum benchmark.
I got this mail last monday, still waiting for further information

Thanks.
I think they hold your application regardless. Because last year I was called to an AC in April after a Summer Analyst dropped out (applied in October). Was insanely competitive though that late, nearly all MSc students.

Thanks.
Also does anyone know how long you have to complete barcalys business insight 2 test? It did not specify anything in the email, and I do not have the time to sit it till Wednesday at the earliest. I've been hearing that you only have 48 hours, but nothing concrete.

Also for those who may want to know, I've applied for the off cycle programme. I sat the first test today and received the invitation to part two within 3 minutes of completion of test 1.
Original post by panda12
Also does anyone know how long you have to complete barcalys business insight 2 test? It did not specify anything in the email, and I do not have the time to sit it till Wednesday at the earliest. I've been hearing that you only have 48 hours, but nothing concrete.

Also for those who may want to know, I've applied for the off cycle programme. I sat the first test today and received the invitation to part two within 3 minutes of completion of test 1.

I think it's 5 days. I did mine 4 days after receiving the invite.
Original post by Turing
I think it's 5 days. I did mine 4 days after receiving the invite.

Thanks for the quick response mate. I've got one more question, did your email say invite to business insight 2 or just online interview?

I've just had a look at my email again and it says nothing about business insight 2, just that it's a hireview interview?

Is that still business insight 2 or have I just skipped a stage haha?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending