The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3240
Original post by panda12
Thanks for the quick response mate. I've got one more question, did your email say invite to business insight 2 or just online interview?

I've just had a look at my email again and it says nothing about business insight 2, just that it's a hireview interview?

Is that still business insight 2 or have I just skipped a stage haha?

That's the Business Insight 2.
Any advice on Citi's Talent Q numerical test?
Reply 3242
Original post by panda12
Also does anyone know how long you have to complete barcalys business insight 2 test? It did not specify anything in the email, and I do not have the time to sit it till Wednesday at the earliest. I've been hearing that you only have 48 hours, but nothing concrete.

Also for those who may want to know, I've applied for the off cycle programme. I sat the first test today and received the invitation to part two within 3 minutes of completion of test 1.

I did mine 1 week after receiving the email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3243
Original post by Commercial Paper
Do Kenexa not have any practice tests anymore on their website?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I couldn't find any.. Bit of a disaster
Is it possible to apply for more than one position at JPM? Perhaps in a different region?
That Citi test though.....
Original post by stealth_writer
That Citi test though.....

Is the actual citi test harder than the talentq practice one that talentq have on their website?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ox2018
Is the actual citi test harder than the talentq practice one that talentq have on their website?

Yes, the practice one doesn't adjust to whether you answer the question correctly. It is a fixed test. In the real test, the more correct answers you give, the harder it gets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ay42
I did mine 1 week after receiving the email

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. But I've read elsewhere that those who take a week to do it found out that the time had expired... So I'm just going to try and stick to a 5 day deadline based on what you've said.
Did the Citi test, failed the Citi test
Original post by Kate992
Any advice on Citi's Talent Q numerical test?

Yes, bring a box of tissues for after.
Original post by Turing
Yes, bring a box of tissues for after.

Haha love this comment.
On a serious note, you have to know that to pass Citi you have to be able to find the information you need very quickly as most of it is normally useless. The test is designed to try and distract you so you have to practice to shut that out; and when I mean practice doing the one on talent Q's website and a few other is not enough. When you have the information the actual maths is very simple and similar to normal SHL. Just my tip to those who have yet to take it.
Reply 3253
Everyone doing citi tests on a sunday? I thought they screened first before they send them out? Did you get them today or what?
Original post by AKRP
Everyone doing citi tests on a sunday? I thought they screened first before they send them out? Did you get them today or what?

Got mine on Friday evening. Not sure about everyone else, but I would assume that they also got them from last week.
Original post by Commercial Paper
Yes, the practice one doesn't adjust to whether you answer the question correctly. It is a fixed test. In the real test, the more correct answers you give, the harder it gets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Harder in what sense? More information to digest or making the calculations harder? Thanks for your reply
Original post by panda12
On a serious note, you have to know that to pass Citi you have to be able to find the information you need very quickly as most of it is normally useless. The test is designed to try and distract you so you have to practice to shut that out; and when I mean practice doing the one on talent Q's website and a few other is not enough. When you have the information the actual maths is very simple and similar to normal SHL. Just my tip to those who have yet to take it.

"I mean practice doing the one on talent Q's website and a few other is not enough." - What sort of preparation would you recommend then?
Original post by panda12

Yeah this is very true. I did about 8 practice tests and got in the top 20% on all of them, but just completely flunked the real thing.. Does anybody have any idea what the pass boundary is? I think I've got 5 or 6 max.
Original post by Turing
Yeah this is very true. I did about 8 practice tests and got in the top 20% on all of them, but just completely flunked the real thing.. Does anybody have any idea what the pass boundary is? I think I've got 5 or 6 max.

Where did you get 8 Talent Q practise papers from??
Original post by Turing

Man I was quite sure that I completely flunked it and I passed. Don't forget that questions get harder as you answered right the ones before.I will do my Nomura tests tomorrow and well... I will be done with my applications with a few frustrative rejections so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending