The Student Room Group

My best friend kissed my boyfriend?

Okay, so I've been properly with my boyfriend for about half a year, and I love him to pieces. My best friend is like a brother to me, and has been for about a year. My best friend has made no secret of the fact that he wants to sleep with my boyfriend, and is constantly trying to get closer to him. To begin with, we all joked that it was a bromance, but recently things have gotten worse and I'm not happy about it.

Friday was my last day before moving to London without my friends or boyfriend. My best friend and boyfriend will still live close together. To start with, knowing full well that my boyfriend was with me, my best friend invited him out somewhere alone. He hadn't spoken to me all week, and made it clear in his phrasing I wasn't invited. Later that night we went out with a group of friends.
So when we're out as a group, my best friend (we'll call him Liam) tries to monopolise my boyfriend's attention, talking over me, forcing me out of the way so he can sit by him and constantly being really touchy with him. That night was worse. Liam full on grabs him by the face while I'm trying to talk to him and starts kissing him. He then looks at me and says "sorry, I'm drunk" and laughs. I was quite upset to be honest, because my boyfriend (although straight and not interested) didn't push him off. He's also still pretty much ignoring me because Liam is talking still. Liam is then asking me to take pictures of the two of them kissing to send on snapchat and has completely pushed me out of my seat so I'm now over the other side of the room. He then starts talking about how he knows my boyfriend is hung and all the rest of it and trying to compete with me about he met my boyfriend first. At this point I get upset, and start to cry (I'm not going to lie, I'm a sensitive person) and my boyfriend does nothing, because he's now once again talking to Liam. I end up walking away and still nothing. It's a full forty five minutes later when we're asked to move downstairs and my boyfriend is walking next to me that he asks what's wrong and by this point I'm a bit of a mess because he's literally ignored me all night and I'm leaving in a couple of hours to move far away and won't see him. Liam, who he's been talking to all night, will see him in a couple of days.

My boyfriend is shocked and upset and won't stop apologising, saying he didn't realise what a problem it was and things like that. We make up and things are fine. But now Liam is back to his usual. today the entire group chat of our group has just been Liam talking about how at Halloween they have to make the candy apples that my boyfriend posted together (despite the fact that he already promised we would) and that he'll look after him and just generally only really answering him and I don't know if I'm being paranoid but it's just upsetting me.

Does anyone have any advice? x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wait I'm so confused, your boyfriend is bisexual? Is Liam gay? Are you a girl or a guy? :s-smilie:

Probably need to talk to your boyfriend about this and reconsider your friendship with Liam.
Ditch 'Liam' lol.
this sounds like sth that would happen on keeping up with the kardashians lol
Reply 4
Are you sure your boyfriend is straight?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Ditch 'Liam' lol.

she should ditch her bf too lol
^
RIP
Original post by Rhaenys10
she should ditch her bf too lol

True. :tongue:
Id see the pair of them off. Who needs the hassle? You won't know whether you're coming or going (figuratively speaking of course).
Reply 9
You're not paranoid. Your 'best friend' is trying to steal your man and he's not shy about it. I would ditch them both TBH.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tamil fever
^
RIP

Completly off topic, but i love your name
Reply 11
Original post by UWS
Wait I'm so confused, your boyfriend is bisexual? Is Liam gay? Are you a girl or a guy? :s-smilie:

Probably need to talk to your boyfriend about this and reconsider your friendship with Liam.

My boyfriend is straight, he's been under the impression Liam was joking.
Liam is bisexual.
I'm a girl
Reply 12
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Ditch 'Liam' lol.

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if I was just being oversensitive and paranoid
No straight dude would let a man snog him lmao , ur bf needs to reevaluate his sexuality.
Original post by Pasdealessa
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if I was just being oversensitive and paranoid

Yeah, he just seems annoying, and is not a good friend.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
No straight dude would let a man snog him lmao , ur bf needs to reevaluate his sexuality.

I know right, I'd punch a bloke that even tried to kiss me lmao.
Original post by IronicalMan
I know right, I'd punch a bloke that even tried to kiss me lmao.

pewpew
Original post by 0to100
pewpew

Gunzo.
Adíos to the both of them. Liam is bang out of order and I don't see how your boyfriend could be truly that oblivious to the whole situation. Maybe it'd be best for you to make a new start?
Original post by samendrag
Completly off topic, but i love your name

thx:biggrin:
oh I love saying RIP.it's my fav word:smile:

Quick Reply