The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Heyyyy oooh I'm doing ur subjects 😜✌️️
Original post by itslaurenx
- Introduce yourself
Hi! I'm Lauren, 16 and currently just about surviving Year 12.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
I love dancing, singing, youtube, writing, and stationary (I'm not even ashamed)
- What subjects are you planning to take?
I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I was also taking English Language but I decided to drop it and focus on my other 3 subjects.
- Your favourite subject(s)?
Right now, I really can't decide. I've never done psychology before and I'm really enjoying it atm, and I love chemistry and biology as well...
- Your ideal future occupation?
I'd love to become a midwife, surgeon or a pathologist, however anything on the medical path would suit me fine at the minute!!

If anyone wants to talk about A Levels or just wants a new friend, then my snapchat is itslaurenx . Feel free to add me, I'd like to think I'm nice !!
- Introduce yourself

I'm Ishan, 16, from Manchester, and am just another TSRian trying to get through A levels this year.

Hobbies - I play badminton and cricket, play the piano and all the usual other hobbies a 16 year old has.
Interests - Science

Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology (AS)

Chemistry, then Maths, then Physics and Biology

I guess an ideal occupation would involve something to do with Chemistry/Engineering and would be very well paid as well as enjoyable.

I personally have aspirations of Oxbridge (like thousands of others on here unfortunately :tongue:), but I haven't decided which university course I will apply for, or what career path to follow. I'm deciding between Chemistry, Engineering, maybe Chemical Engineering or Physics as a university course. I do want to hear from people who are in a similar position to me, or with similar interests, and are deciding, or have decided, what they want to do with their lives.
Original post by B4sh
Been looking for this thread forever!

Hi my name is Bashiru Abubakar, aka Bash. I'm interested in technology, and my main hobbies include, graphic and web design. I achieved 9 a stars and an A at GCSE, the subjects which I have chosen are Economics, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I hope to work in finance in the future, perhaps banking. And yes of course it will be a delight to go to Oxford and study this course!

Edit

P.S. I also received my target grades a few days ago, which are 2 A stars and 2 A's 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ayyyy my business bud bash!!
Original post by Metalfros
hi

- What subjects are you taking?
Currently doing History, Government and Politics, English Language & Literature and Geography. Targeting for at least 2/3 A's at AS>
History obviously. The one and only true subject. In all seriousness, I have always loved history and reading about it and plan on studying it after A levels.
No idea! I will see where a History degree will lead me. I hope to get a place at a place like Edinburgh, Warwick or York, although it is going to be hard.

Hey! You're taking history and government, and so am I!!
I love history so much; what course are you doing?
Hey I'm Sophie!

I'm taking Psychology, Biology, English Language and French (as well as the EPQ) - all to the full A-Level, because AS is no longer possible! :s-smilie:
My main hobby is playing the piano but I also help out at a horse riding centre for the disabled and love anything to do with music and languages. I'm not sure what career I want to go into, but perhaps Speech Therapy. I would like to use languages and psychology in the future ideally, but I'm unsure.
I really want to go to either Edinburgh or Warwick university, but I have some other university ideas too. ((I'm not sure if I'm making a mistake taking 4 A-Levels + the EPQ, especially since unis only ask for 3. I don't know if I'm making it hard for myself and if I should drop Biology (probably my least favourite of the 4 - I think French is my favourite one), but I really really like all of my A-Levels. I just think I might regret it when it comes to revision time...))

:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank God my art teacher is giving us a little extra to do our work, I'm getting so stressed with the work. They gave us tons of extra work every lesson and I nearly had a breakdown over it.
- Introduce yourself

Hey my name is Zahra! I'm doing Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Sociology AS levels. So far my favourites are chemistry and sociology. I'm hoping to become a dentist.
I'm Hasan. I need some advice. Is there any point for me to take Further maths as a 5th A level. I'm already taking maths, bio,phys,chem
Original post by Himtiaz
I'm Hasan. I need some advice. Is there any point for me to take Further maths as a 5th A level. I'm already taking maths, bio,phys,chem

If you're not currently struggling with your workload, go for it.
Original post by hxfsxh
Hey! You're taking history and government, and so am I!!
I love history so much; what course are you doing?

Doing the boring Cold War and the far more interesting Tudors. Richard III deserved the Kingdom of England tbh.
Original post by Metalfros
Doing the boring Cold War and the far more interesting Tudors. Richard III deserved the Kingdom of England tbh.

Aw I'm doing the opposite course and therefore doing Tsarist and Communist Russia as well as British politics. And Richard III definitely deserved more attention.
Original post by sophie !
Hey I'm Sophie!

I'm taking Psychology, Biology, English Language and French (as well as the EPQ) - all to the full A-Level, because AS is no longer possible! :s-smilie:
My main hobby is playing the piano but I also help out at a horse riding centre for the disabled and love anything to do with music and languages. I'm not sure what career I want to go into, but perhaps Speech Therapy. I would like to use languages and psychology in the future ideally, but I'm unsure.
I really want to go to either Edinburgh or Warwick university, but I have some other university ideas too. ((I'm not sure if I'm making a mistake taking 4 A-Levels + the EPQ, especially since unis only ask for 3. I don't know if I'm making it hard for myself and if I should drop Biology (probably my least favourite of the 4 - I think French is my favourite one), but I really really like all of my A-Levels. I just think I might regret it when it comes to revision time...))

:smile:

I was about to do 4 + EPQ, but I thought the workload was too much, so I stuck to 4. I don't really think it's worth going through that much stress for 4 subjects and EPQ.
I just got my exam timetable (early, i know)... I have three exams in one day! x-) what a drag... Maths C2, Polish AS, and English Literature paper 2... I already dread that day...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by skhan99
Heyyyy oooh I'm doing ur subjects 😜✌️️

Ooohhh!! How are you finding them?:h:
Reply 914
Any OCR AS geography people on here? Or anyone that does English lit & Lang or media? Anyone wanna be my virtual revision buddy?😂👏🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0333
Any OCR AS geography people on here? Or anyone that does English lit & Lang or media? Anyone wanna be my virtual revision buddy?😂👏🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you taking anything other than them subjects?
😂
Reply 916
Original post by hxfsxh
Are you taking anything other than them subjects?
😂

Nope, they're my subjects, what're you doing?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0333
Nope, they're my subjects, what're you doing?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking history, politics and economics. It's the opposite end of the spectrum really 😂
I would have been a great study buddy 😂😂
Reply 918
Original post by hxfsxh
I'm taking history, politics and economics. It's the opposite end of the spectrum really 😂
I would have been a great study buddy 😂😂

Yeah! You've got a strong 3! Ah what a shame😖 especially with those grades! Wow!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0333
Yeah! You've got a strong 3! Ah what a shame😖 especially with those grades! Wow!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, thanks 😊 Seriously though, I might be of no use but I can help where possible 😂

Latest