The Student Room Group

Nigel Farage

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by InnerTemple
He's a disgrace and a national embarrassment. An opportunistic bigot.

I'd be supportive of a large sum of money being spent to let other countries know that we're not all like him.

I mean our definitions of a disgrace must be different, someone who has saved this country from mercilessly giving up control to Mrs Merkel and her European agenda is far from a disgrace.

I notice you have the EU flag as your picture, well I have to ask, is it just politics you are in denial about or is it everything?
Original post by AOG1
I notice you have the EU flag as your picture

I do. I'm a proud EU citizen. :smile:
I do. I'm a proud EU citizen. :smile:

Not a proud British citizen, since you support our country being ruled over by Brussles and eventually a EU nation, which essentially is what it promoted and what it will be, a super state, so you're the embarrassment if anything.
Scum.
Original post by IronicalMan
Not a proud British citizen, since you support our country being ruled over by Brussles and eventually a EU nation, which essentially is what it promoted and what it will be, a super state, so you're the embarrassment if anything.
Scum.

Hello angry internet person.

I was significantly less proud to be British on the morning on 24 June 2016. The day when Britain became another victim of post-truth politics.

I was significantly less proud to be British on the morning on 24 June 2016. The day when Britain became another victim of post-truth politics.

Ignore logic.
If you're so upset go live in an EU country post Brexit(once we've left)
You serve no purpose as an Eu citizen and unpatriotic Brit, so stop complaining because people want an independent Britain, you can always go be an EU citizen elsewhere, but we can't be British citizens elsewhere with an independent Britain, acting in it's interests of it's people and not being a pointless state in an EU super state.
So. cya.
Ignore logic.
You serve no purpose as an Eu citizen and unpatriotic Brit, so stop complaining because people want an independent Britain, you can always go be an EU citizen elsewhere, but we can't be British citizens elsewhere with an independent Britain, acting in it's interests of it's people and not being a pointless state in an EU super state.
So. cya.

'If you don't like it, get out of the country' is the most over-reactionary argument of all time.

'You serve no purpose as an ... unpatriotic Brit'
Wtf does that mean? Is everybody supposed to serve a purpose? What are these purposes? Why does being an unpatriotic Brit lose you yours?

Also losing some respect your home country doesn't necessarily make somebody unpatriotic - whether you agree with their reasons or not, it actually implies caring and therefore patriotism.
Original post by MathMoFarah
'If you don't like it, get out of the country' is the most over-reactionary argument of all time.

'You serve no purpose as an ... unpatriotic Brit'
Wtf does that mean? Is everybody supposed to serve a purpose? What are these purposes? Why does being an unpatriotic Brit lose you yours?

Also losing some respect your home country doesn't necessarily make somebody unpatriotic - whether you agree with their reasons or not, it actually implies caring and therefore patriotism.

But his views support Britain no longer being an independent country, ie being Britain, so if he's complaining then he can leave considering he's such a proud EU citizen, he can do that elsewhere.....
And stop complaining about the vote at the same time.
Unpatriotic people aren't patriotic and thus are of no interest to the nation as they should be able to live quite happily elsewhere without complaining and impacting people in their own nation to conform to their globalism influence, non nationality, unpatriotic state of the world.
But his views support Britain no longer being an independent country, ie being Britain, so if he's complaining then he can leave considering he's such a proud EU citizen, he can do that elsewhere.....

So? A US-citizen-who-doesn't-support-Hillary-Clinton views support Britain not having a Hillary Clinton president, i.e. being a potential (unlikely) future US, so if he complains if she becomes president, considering he's so proud of not living a country which has Hillary Clinton as president, he can do that elsewhere...

And stop complaining about the vote at the same time.

That's nothing to do with whether he should move country or not. Freedom of speech lets him complain as much as he likes, so long as he doesn't threaten/abuse copyrights/whatever

Unpatriotic people aren't patriotic and thus are of no interest to the nation

People not being interested in the nation does not imply the nation not being interested in them. If you kicked everyone who can vote and doesn't out of the UK the UK would be damaged significantly (from businesses losing whatever % of their workers, the lower tax, the changing proportions of demographics etc
Ignore logic.
So. cya.

So what great British principles, which make you so proud of this country, are you demonstrating here? :giggle:
So? A US-citizen-who-doesn't-support-Hillary-Clinton views support Britain not having a Hillary Clinton president, i.e. being a potential (unlikely) future US, so if he complains if she becomes president, considering he's so proud of not living a country which has Hillary Clinton as president, he can do that elsewhere...

That's nothing to do with whether he should move country or not. Freedom of speech lets him complain as much as he likes, so long as he doesn't threaten/abuse copyrights/whatever

People not being interested in the nation does not imply the nation not being interested in them. If you kicked everyone who can vote and doesn't out of the UK the UK would be damaged significantly (from businesses losing whatever % of their workers, the lower tax, the changing proportions of demographics etc

Firstly, supporting a political leader is completely different from claiming to support country X whilst supporting country X to become a meaningless, non country in superstate country Y.
I don't care about freedom of speech, if he doesn't like Britain being Britain, and would rather be a European citizen, he can sod off, I can't be a British citizen in a meaningless state in the EU, we shouldn't lose Britain so some unpatriotic sod like this can stay in the area we live whilst proclaiming to be an Eu citizen, he can go live elsewhere if values nationality, culture and sovereignty so low.
Economic size is off no interest if the country they are in, if it causes a detriment to the country they are in.
Agreed, people call him a bigot, which is he isn't, yet at the same time display actual bigotry towards him. It's really quite unjust, disgusting and disturbing.
So what great British principles, which make you so proud of this country, are you demonstrating here? :giggle:

Not the great British principles the unpatriotic conservative(shouldn't even be called that) or the wonderful new labour have said British principles are.

Firstly, supporting a political leader is completely different from claiming to support country X whilst supporting country X to become a meaningless, non country in superstate country Y.

It really isn't. They're both major political decisions. 'If someone's complaining then he can leave considering he's so proud of not living under Hillary Clinton, he can do that elsewhere.....'

I don't care about freedom of speech,

Then GTFO of the country. It's a British principle to believe in freedom of speech. You don't agree then you're unpatriotic and therefore detrimental to the country somehow?

I can't be a British citizen in a meaningless state in the EU, we shouldn't lose Britain so some unpatriotic sod like this can stay in the area we live whilst proclaiming to be an Eu citizen, he can go live elsewhere if values nationality, culture and sovereignty so low.

There's clearly a lot of passion here - but what you're blinded to through it is that he has exactly as much right to do what he wants, believe what he wants and vote how he wants as you do. How would you feel if remain one and people started telling you to get out of the country because you didn't value and embrace its place in the EU? That's not how Britain works and for good reason.
Reply 53

There's clearly a lot of passion here - but what you're blinded to through it is that he has exactly as much right to do what he wants, believe what he wants and vote how he wants as you do. How would you feel if remain one and people started telling you to get out of the country because you didn't value and embrace its place in the EU? That's not how Britain works and for good reason.

Remaining = no change, leaving = change. So very different circumstances.
So even if we did remain, you could say British and European, but leaving means you are not a European citizen, you cannot move freely once we leave.(Hopefully, if the immigration and trade is still free, every leave voter would've be shafted)
He wasn't making a generalisation over every single person who voted remain, but UK is not in EU, and if someone claims to be an EU citizen, then go and move to Europe, don't stay in UK claiming you're a European citizen over a UK citizen.
I think it is terrible that anyone born British would say they're European over British, not just UK obviously, same for a German etc.
Ignore logic.
So. cya.

What if you wanted Britain to remain a part of the EU because you think it is in the interests of the country?

Are you an unpatriotic Brit then?
He is one of the few politicians who has stepped down on a victory
Reply 56
Original post by SHallowvale
What if you wanted Britain to remain a part of the EU because you think it is in the interests of the country?

Are you an unpatriotic Brit then?

The question poses a contradiction, as Britain will lose its ability to function as country if remained in ever closer EU. So remaining cannot be interests of Britain, of course you could argue that being in EU may be better in short run for trade, but not for Britain as a whole as control would eventually be diminished, which is in no interest of any country.
Being patriotic is a very vague term tbh, I take it to mean someone who looks out for the core beliefs of that country and defend those rights that come with the beliefs.

lol He's got a point to be fair. To be in support of Britain being in the EU for the greater good (as I am) is one thing but the way some people like you fawn over what's essentially a corporatist protectionist entity is embarrassing. Have a word with yourself :laugh:
Scum.

Savage.
Reply 59
Don't particularly dislike him, myself. Just disagree with him. He's no different to most political opponents and I don't think he's really beyond the pale in any sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending