The Student Room Group

How the **** do I explain it to my parents that I don't like parties

I've never liked parties or large groups of people in general. But my parents always ****ing force me to go. So tomorrow there's a party and I don't wan to go. But they are forcing me to go. When I see a large number of people I feel really uneasy, almost like I am out of breath and my heart's gonna stop. Plus it scares me.
Reply 1
This is the first time I've ever heard of parents forcing their kids to go partying. This must be the new generation.

Just don't go then, hang out a friend's house for the night.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
This is the first time I've ever heard of parents forcing their kids to go partying. This must be the new generation.

Just don't go then, hang out a friend's house for the night.

Sorry I should've explained better. t's not what you think. It's like a little get together at my dad's cousin's. But yeah I don't like parties because people scare me
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry I should've explained better. t's not what you think. It's like a little get together at my dad's cousin's. But yeah I don't like parties because people scare me

Well if it's a family thing you should probably go... I'm sure you can just sit in the corner and use your phone.
You sound like you have social anxiety, so tell them that by making you go, they're putting you in situations that make it worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending