The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How is referring to Indians as "P-ss drinking b-sta-ds" not racist?
LOL, what happened to muh only whites can be racist?
Original post by IronicalMan
LOL, what happened to muh only whites can be racist?

Lol where has anyone actually said that?
Original post by 999tigger
Lol where has anyone actually said that?

No where, just a typical lefty opinion.
Reply 5
Indians and Pakistanis are always going to say **** about each other lol. Nothing new.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
How is referring to Indians as "P-ss drinking b-sta-ds" not racist?

It's not racist because they are the SAME race.

And Indians aren't a race, it's a nationality

So it's like a Korean bashing Chinese

that ain't racist.

It's nationalism

The Guardian purposefully misusing words for their liberal rhetoric and website hits :facepalm2:
No where, just a typical lefty opinion.

exactly mate, read my above post the last line
Original post by 0to100
exactly mate, read my above post the last line

I know, just looking at the article by the guardian, plus I am a bit drunk now.
Reply 9
Original post by 0to100

that ain't racist.

It's nationalism

The Guardian purposefully misusing words for their liberal rhetoric and website hits :facepalm2:

Okay but they're different races. Also, never say that in front of an Indian or a paki 😂
Original post by riyaaaaa
Okay but they're different races. Also, never say that in front of an Indian or a paki 😂

They're both desis.

*patiently waits for nuclear war*
Original post by 0to100

that ain't racist.

It's nationalism

1. The Guardian is quoting ITV so if anything, you should be bashing them.
2. From your tone, you seem to be implying that the fact that this is nationalism is some kind of excuse. This kind of abuse is completely unacceptable and people should be condemning it for what it is, rather than trying to change the topic by complaining about semantics. It really doesn't make a huge amount of difference whether this is racism or extreme nationalism.
3. Racism and nationalism are definitely not mutually exclusive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MagnetoWasRight
They're both desis.

*patiently waits for nuclear war*

Idk that made me laugh lmao. Okay just bc people refer to brown people generally as desis doesn't mean they're of the same race. No Indians wanna be associated w pak and I'm sure pakis feel the same way too now. It's the sad truth.
Idk that made me laugh lmao. Okay just bc people refer to brown people generally as desis doesn't mean they're of the same race. No Indians wanna be associated w pak and I'm sure pakis feel the same way too now. It's the sad truth.

Loads of Pakistani boys are like wallah I'm Persian/half-Arabic and I'm like nah-uh girlfriend you're 5'4 and you have a one of those pervy looking moustaches.
Loads of Pakistani boys are like wallah I'm Persian/half-Arabic and I'm like nah-uh girlfriend you're 5'4 and you have a one of those pervy looking moustaches.

Lmao. But some like SOME are attractive!
I know, just looking at the article by the guardian, plus I am a bit drunk now.

lol easy bruv

No. They are not. They all are Asian and from the same geographical location. I'm not bothered about political differences but don't let that get the definition of the word race completely wrong.

Original post by Plagioclase
1. The Guardian is quoting ITV so if anything, you should be bashing them.
2. From your tone, you seem to be implying that the fact that this is nationalism is some kind of excuse. This kind of abuse is completely unacceptable and people should be condemning it for what it is, rather than trying to change the topic by complaining about semantics. It really doesn't make a huge amount of difference whether this is racism or extreme nationalism.
3. Racism and nationalism are definitely not mutually exclusive.

Ok anyway my point is nationalism is not the same as racism.

Im on about the title so I've no clue why you're responding like I presented an opinion.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
Ok anyway my point is nationalism is not the same as racism.

So what though? Is this really the biggest problem here?
Lmao. But some like SOME are attractive!

They're aight :cool:

Spoiler

They're aight :cool:

Spoiler

I was talking about this guy https://goo.gl/images/glUSsf
But ugh that works too!
Original post by Plagioclase
So what though? Is this really the biggest problem here?

Ok now read the last line in my quote to you.

And yes here semantics is very important. Don't you think divide and conquer is a complete shame? Pakistanis and Indians are the same race, no matter political differences. It's all quite stupid. I don't particularly care about the content of the article, the wording is important because of what it clearly is triggering from angry readers lmao, for The Guardian's benefit solely. :nah:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending