The Student Room Group

can i getg into a russel group uni:((((((((((((((((((((

9 A* GCSE 2 A 1B AS 3A chem, eco, bio, 1 B maths ( got 89 and 86 ums in two of the core exams and a U in the other, redoing an optional AS module this year, not the same one) CAN I GET IN TO DO ECO & MANAGEMENT?!!
Reply 1
no im afraid your to unintelligent sorry :smile:
Original post by OmarAl
no im afraid your to unintelligent sorry :smile:

I hope the 'your' instead of 'you're' was on purpose :wink:
Here we go again guys. Get in line for the *****rain!
It sounds like you can definitely get in. What course and what uni? Russel groups are not as hard to get into (aside from oxbridge) as you may think.
Reply 5
Original post by acontium
I hope the 'your' instead of 'you're' was on purpose :wink:

never said I was intelligent :wink:
Reply 6
Nope sorry, no RG uni will take you with those grades, GCSE are well below par (you need at least 11 a*). Your B at As maths is the decider, simply not acceptable for any RG, have you considered Hull or Bournemouth? Realistically your best chance is applying for any ex-poly (Roehampton is a bit picky with GCSE so best not to apply there).
Hope this helped narrow your choices
Reply 7
Original post by Sir Fausty
It sounds like you can definitely get in. What course and what uni? Russel groups are not as hard to get into (aside from oxbridge) as you may think.

oxford for eco and management, thee most over subscribed course ahaha that or durham/bath
Reply 8
Original post by bigwang
Nope sorry, no RG uni will take you with those grades, GCSE are well below par (you need at least 11 a*). Your B at As maths is the decider, simply not acceptable for any RG, have you considered Hull or Bournemouth? Realistically your best chance is applying for any ex-poly (Roehampton is a bit picky with GCSE so best not to apply there).
Hope this helped narrow your choices

see this is what i want, straight up answers, cheers bigwang
When it comes to Russel Group Universities, Oxbridge is a bit in a league of it's own! A*AA is a impressive set of grades to get so it requires allot of hard work! When it comes to the Mathematics, with a B you can still get an A* (you need 90%+ UMS on core units and an average grade of A). With your UMS scores, although just a tad bellow 90 they still show the ability to achieve the aforementioned grades. However because Oxford is so prestigious and receives so many applications, you need to make yourself stand out. As well as getting a high score on the Thinking Skills Assesment I'm sure activities such as debating, sports (if you're into that), or other extra curricular activities (like in my college we had a stock market club) will make yourself look more appealing to an Oxford admissions tutor. Getting the grades, which for you seems realistic with hard work, is only the first hurdle. Take time in your A2 year to enrich your application with extra curricular activities as well as nailing your personal statement to really get your passion and skill in the subject across.

Quick Reply

Latest