The Student Room Group

GCSE retake

Hi, I have been old that I have to retake my maths in November. I got a D but I was only 3 marks off a C. I sat the higher tier. I am worried that i'll get lower that I did in June. If I fail again I will not be able to study at my current sixth form. My question is, what study tips would you recommend? I also had a tutor for 9 months and he did not help me at all, hence why I failed...
Original post by lucyann2000
Hi, I have been old that I have to retake my maths in November. I got a D but I was only 3 marks off a C. I sat the higher tier. I am worried that i'll get lower that I did in June. If I fail again I will not be able to study at my current sixth form. My question is, what study tips would you recommend? I also had a tutor for 9 months and he did not help me at all, hence why I failed...

A year ago I got an E at GCSE (Foundation) maths and was in the same position you are in. I took a year out to resit my GCSE maths along with a few other subjects and I came out with an A in Maths this year. I am now taking A-Level Maths/Further Maths.

Ok, so I have attached a revision checklist which includes worksheets and videos of each topic. I recommend that you complete as much as you can, in order to get the best grade possible.

If I can do it, you can definitely do it. I believe in you!
Reply 2
Hi, thank you so much for the link you sent! Congratulations on passing your maths and for taking it for A level. I am only alowed to take it in November so I have to cram in soo much revision. If I could do it next year I would but I won't be able to study where I am now :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyann2000
Hi, thank you so much for the link you sent! Congratulations on passing your maths and for taking it for A level. I am only alowed to take it in November so I have to cram in soo much revision. If I could do it next year I would but I won't be able to study where I am now :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries. Good luck and all the best.

Quick Reply

Latest