The Student Room Group

I'm 20, she's 24?

So basically there's this girl at work who I like, we get on and stuff well but she's 4 years older than me. Now this isn't an issue for me, I'm just worried it might be for her? She's not really talking/displaying her tendencies for guys in public so I don't know what type of guy she's into. We are basically the same level (in a professional environment) and I'd say I'm mature for my age (I hang around with all the 23-27 year olds) so I don't think the maturity factor comes into it. Would you girls go for a guy that's 4 years younger than you if you got on well/he was as mature as you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KongeyDong
So basically there's this girl at work who I like, we get on and stuff well but she's 4 years older than me. Now this isn't an issue for me, I'm just worried it might be for her? She's not really talking/displaying her tendencies for guys in public so I don't know what type of guy she's into. We are basically the same level (in a professional environment) and I'd say I'm mature for my age (I hang around with all the 23-27 year olds) so I don't think the maturity factor comes into it. Would you girls go for a guy that's 4 years younger than you if you got on well/he was as mature as you?

well, there's a four year gap between me and my fiance and since we're as mature as each other it never caused issues so i can't see a problem with it :smile:
Reply 2
I'm 24 and if I weren't already in a relationship, I wouldn't mind dating someone a few years younger than me provided I was attracted to them and they were mature for their age.
Sorry should have worded it better, he's 4 years older than me.
Reply 4
I don't think it matters as long as you both click. :h:
I guess i certainly wouldnt have done so if that made them a teenager but if they were in their 20's i wouldnt be bothered.
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
I guess i certainly wouldnt have done so if that made them a teenager but if they were in their 20's i wouldnt be bothered.

So would you say once you're into your 20's it's less important? The other thing that worries me is that (as fate would have it!) we have the same birthday, so it's always kind of a reminder that's she's a few years older!
So would you say once you're into your 20's it's less important? The other thing that worries me is that (as fate would have it!) we have the same birthday, so it's always kind of a reminder that's she's a few years older!

Yeah i would say so :smile:
i wouldn't want to be with a guy that's 4 years younger than me
I'm 23 and the guy I'm seeing is like 4/5 years older than me. The age gap isn't an issue for us :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ohhello92x
I'm 23 and the guy I'm seeing is like 4/5 years older than me. The age gap isn't an issue for us :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's generally more frowned upon when the girl is older though. May you have a long and happy relationship :smile:
Original post by Rhaenys10
i wouldn't want to be with a guy that's 4 years younger than me

Out of interest, why? We're both at the same life stage and there's no noticeable maturity gap or way of thinking between us.
It's generally more frowned upon when the girl is older though. May you have a long and happy relationship :smile:

Out of interest, why? We're both at the same life stage and there's no noticeable maturity gap or way of thinking between us.

True :colondollar: and thanks :biggrin:!

Hope it works out for you and the girl you like :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't know really
seems a bit weird
You've crossed 18, no one cares about you anymore.

Age shouldn't really be a factor here. 4 years isn't that much. You're both probably going to die around the same time anyway. Might as well get it on.

It's a win-win
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by airportsh8me
You've crossed 18, no one cares about you anymore.

Age shouldn't really be a factor here. 4 years isn't that much. You're both probably going to die around the same time anyway. Might as well get it on.

It's a win-win

Haha. Love this!
I've been talking to this guy that I met in secondary school but not really spoke to him properly until now he is 20 and I am 17 and we get on really well, he asked if I would want to meet up with him and I would like to but i don't know how to tell me mum. I don't see any problem with it as it isn't a bad gap and he is really respectful towards me. I just don't know how to tell me mum because I don't want her getting angry for no reason I just want her to be okay with it.
Im also 20 and my girlfriend is 25, turning 26 in November. its all working well so far.
Reply 17
Original post by unaManzana
Im also 20 and my girlfriend is 25, turning 26 in November. its all working well so far.

That's awesome! You mind me asking how you met and got together?
That's awesome! You mind me asking how you met and got together?

pm me bro. I'll give you Advice
Go for it. Don't make it awkward though if you're work colleagues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending