The Student Room Group

2 weeks into year 11 and am already stressed

I am in year 11 at the moment and the work load has hit me hard that am already stressed out
On top of that, am also thinking about revision but at the same time I don't want to start revising early and then by the exam season I have forgotten everything
But my question is how can I get rid of all this stress and fully concentrate?
Posted from TSR Mobile
I have always had a very busy schedule throughout the course of my school life. Last year I finished a Music Conservatoire, while simultaneously studying for my GCSEs and my grades were 8 A*s, 1 A and 1 B. Basically you just have to organise your time well. For me I would keep a wall filled with "To Do" post-its where I would note down anything I had to do (homework assignments, competitions to enter, things to read, after school activities etc). I felt like that really helped me see visually whether I was on track or not.
Regarding the stress - don't only focus on school work. Participating in a drama production or playing sports can be a great way out. Also just remember that your GCSEs are 8 months away, which is a lot. For now just keep your notes organised and focus on subjects that you struggle most with.
For example I had a lot of difficulty with science and english literature, so I would go to extra study sessions and do extra work. Then for english language and maths I was fine and only started doing past papers a couple of months before the exams and that worked well for me.
I hope this helps and sorry for the long answer :smile:
Original post by Naomeyz_01
I am in year 11 at the moment and the work load has hit me hard that am already stressed out
On top of that, am also thinking about revision but at the same time I don't want to start revising early and then by the exam season I have forgotten everything
But my question is how can I get rid of all this stress and fully concentrate?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? How is it stressful?:smile: Just STAY CALM, put at least an hour aside a day to do the things you love, to relax and unwind. Take up a sport, or meditate to relax your mind. Stay calm, yr 11 is a very enjoyable year and I am sure you will SMASH your exams!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest