The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by josephinemar25
hi wandered if many people were bothering to do many of the nrich tasks at the end of the maths booklet. Not finding any of them very interesting or helpful??? thanks

What nrich tasks? (oh they're in the natsci booklet)

Also if you're not finding them interesting/helpful there's no point doing them
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Are you a mathmo? I don't think many of us are even bothering to do the booklet, let alone the nrich tasks at the end.

no a natsci
where are the nrich tasks? didn't see them

Original post by josephinemar25
no a natsci
Original post by RThornton
where are the nrich tasks? didn't see them

They're after the answers in the 'maths for natscis' booklet
Original post by MathMoFarah
They're after the answers in the 'maths for natscis' booklet

thanks and brilliant username!
Confirmed.
Homerton is the worst college ever.
Never apply there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Confirmed.
Homerton is the worst college ever.
Never apply there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha how come? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Claree
Haha how come? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My kitchen is disgusting, the fridge is disgusting aswell I thought there is supposed to be designated parts of he fridge? Horrible. Dirty kids. And it is gull even though only mathmos have arrived and only 1 of them is in my corridoor.
My room is so small that it is around 2.5mx3.5/4m including the ensuite. So i can walk to other side in literally two big steps.
Oh yeh I forgot that it is approx 30 miles from cambridge.
Upside
College grounds are wonderful tho, so big, although what ****ing difference does this make lmao.
Atlesst the room was clean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My kitchen is disgusting, the fridge is disgusting aswell I thought there is supposed to be designated parts of he fridge? Horrible. Dirty kids. And it is gull even though only mathmos have arrived and only 1 of them is in my corridoor.
My room is so small that it is around 2.5mx3.5/4m including the ensuite. So i can walk to other side in literally two big steps.
Upside
College grounds are wonderful tho, so big, although what ****ing difference does this make lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Youre there already? I'm a mathmo and I dont go till Thursday. Do you have an induction day tomorrow or something?
Original post by nitromeguy
Youre there already? I'm a mathmo and I dont go till Thursday. Do you have an induction day tomorrow or something?

Homerton Girton and Gonville n Caius have an Pre sessional course at CMS this whole week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Upside

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow!! Was the fridge not emptied and cleaned by he students leaving last summer? Or has the other mathmo on your corridor filled up the whole fridge already?! The bedder might clean the kitchen on monday/whenever they restart working and it might get better then :smile: The kitchen often ends up a mess whichever college you're at just out of luck of who you're sharing it with. :frown: I got fed up of sharing a fridge in 1st year, so got a room with its own fridge last year, and this year am getting a room with my own gyp :biggrin:

Haha I went past Homerton for the first time at the end of last term (my tutor had a bbq at his house and he lives near Homerton), it turned out not to seem quite as far out as I though it was. Never been inside the college though. The leisure park and shops near by are quite nice, too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Claree
Wow!! Was the fridge not emptied and cleaned by he students leaving last summer? Or has the other mathmo on your corridor filled up the whole fridge already?! The bedder might clean the kitchen on monday/whenever they restart working and it might get better then :smile: The kitchen often ends up a mess whichever college you're at just out of luck of who you're sharing it with. :frown: I got fed up of sharing a fridge in 1st year, so got a room with its own fridge last year, and this year am getting a room with my own gyp :biggrin:

Haha I went past Homerton for the first time at the end of last term (my tutor had a bbq at his house and he lives near Homerton), it turned out not to seem quite as far out as I though it was. Never been inside the college though. The leisure park and shops near by are quite nice, too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The other mathmo has nothing in there he said aswell.
Its just disgusting honestly. Everything looks half used etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the stuff in date? If it's been left there accidentally for months then you could just throw it out? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Claree
Is the stuff in date? If it's been left there accidentally for months then you could just throw it out? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont even want to touch it tbh. Stinks aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cover it in chilli powder and use garden gloves
Reply 1695

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably from conference guests. The kitchens are cleaned every day but Sunday, and the fridges probably won't be cleaned out until this coming week when they prepare for everyone to arrive. After that if it's disgusting, make sure everyone on your corridor is throwing stuff out when it goes bad, or do what I do and throw everything out that has gone off. The cleaners wont go through everything in the fridge to check it's in date for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Put a note on the fridge asking the bedders to clear it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alow
Probably from conference guests. The kitchens are cleaned every day but Sunday, and the fridges probably won't be cleaned out until this coming week when they prepare for everyone to arrive. After that if it's disgusting, make sure everyone on your corridor is throwing stuff out when it goes bad, or do what I do and throw everything out that has gone off. The cleaners wont go through everything in the fridge to check it's in date for you.

The room is so small lmao. Im so big.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1698
The room is so small lmao. Im so big.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you on 4th floor?
Original post by alow
Are you on 4th floor?

Yep lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply