The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Anyone not drinking during freshers????

Im not drinking during freshers week at dmu... wondered if anyone else is in the same boat XD
Yeahh Im not gunna drink or go clubbing during freshers too! :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by smudger97
Im not drinking during freshers week at dmu... wondered if anyone else is in the same boat XD

Yeah, I'm going to be drinking a lot. I'm going to be drinking a lot of water and probably juice too or similar stuff.

Anything else is a waste of time - I'd rather be getting on with my studies and look at opportunities. With that said, it's easy to have a social life without drinking [alcohol].
Reply 3
What halls you staying in, what you studying
Reply 4
Yeah me neither. Might go clubbing just to meet some people, but not too much as it's not really my thing. My plan is to join a few societies so that I can meet more people like me, and we can have more conversation than the intro stuff. Plus they'll usually organise events which I'm much more into. I haven't told anyone that I don't drink yet, I don't want them to alienate me.
Original post by Kiritsugu
Yeah, I'm going to be drinking a lot. I'm going to be drinking a lot of water and probably juice too or similar stuff.

Anything else is a waste of time - I'd rather be getting on with my studies and look at opportunities.

Same :u:
Reply 6
Good to know like minded people are out there... im stuck in my halls with a 28 year old guy, who's been drinking since 10am this morning XD haha... fml man
Good to know like minded people are out there... im stuck in my halls with a 28 year old guy, who's been drinking since 10am this morning XD haha... fml man

wtf no way?! 10am?!! omggg I can barely manage to drink orange juice and have breakfast at 10am!! :eek: :hide:

Old people are knowledgeable often. Maybe get to know your mates and stuff. But just don't drink. I don't understand why people are drinking. Is it cause they can't handle the stress of life. Eventually you get addicted.

In the book "No Longer Human" the guy gets a severe alcohol problem and that causes a lot of problems.
Reply 9
I was like... talking to them for a couple of hours this morning before i enrolled... and was like, "You guys fancy heading down to the societies fair later, and have a look about"... Straight reply "No were off out tonight, were getting totally ****ing mortal".... I really just want my course to start tbh haha
I've been out every night since arriving on the 15th. Trust me its a great way to make new friends. I would strongly advise AGAINST staying in every night.
I think it'd actually be a good idea if there're other events at night apart from parties tbh.
Reply 12
I'm not going out at all, but I'm living at home and commuting in.

If I did live in halls, then I would go out once or twice just to mix with my house mates.
Reply 13
Original post by st*r
I'm not going out at all, but I'm living at home and commuting in.

If I did live in halls, then I would go out once or twice just to mix with my house mates.

Im mixing with my flatmates hahaha.... i get on with them tbh, but im just not a party kind of person :P Im boring XD

Quick Reply

Latest