The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Shady and A-Rod absolutely bossing it for me this week.
I currently have 20.64 points my defence has put up 17 of those
Has anyone here started Mariota? not looking good week for him
Original post by Monkey_Pete
Has anyone here started Mariota? not looking good week for him

No, he is currently available to pick up.
Reply 224
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Shady and A-Rod absolutely bossing it for me this week.

The chase down is going to be challenging.

The stack finally pays off and I take the lead! Jameis Winston - Mike Evans... 2 point deficit into 10 point lead.

KC Defense has 35.00 points. Is that the most ever for a D... or anyone for that matter? Ryan Fitzpatrick has committed football suicide today.
(edited 7 years ago)
My defence despite putting up 26 points was somehow outscored.
I have just been having an early look at the waiver wire for our league. Two out of the top three scoring available WR/RB's this week are players i have dropped previously. I also dropped the number four scoring RB earlier in the week. Maybe i have been tinkering a bit too much...
Original post by Wattsy
The chase down is going to be challenging.

The stack finally pays off and I take the lead! Jameis Winston - Mike Evans... 2 point deficit into 10 point lead.

KC Defense has 35.00 points. Is that the most ever for a D... or anyone for that matter? Ryan Fitzpatrick has committed football suicide today.

This is doubly depressing as a Jets fan :frown:
Reply 228
I have just been having an early look at the waiver wire for our league. Two out of the top three scoring available WR/RB's this week are players i have dropped previously. I also dropped the number four scoring RB earlier in the week. Maybe i have been tinkering a bit too much...

I think this is true. I also think your start/sits are exceptionally brave in places. I love hipster football but in fantasy the core of a winning roster is blue chip players.

AML, at least you're not a Jags or Bucs fan. Both mine and DT's frustrations have been well documented in the other thread. 6 INTs is some Madden craziness though, literally a career worst performance for Fitz.*Jim Hardy threw 8 in 1950 but that's basically a million years ago. Fitz got PFF's worst QB grade ever which considering they've graded 2717 games is fairly spectacular. 5 of the top 10 come from 2015 and oldest of them is in 2011 though so the pass happy nature of the league may not have helped.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
My defence despite putting up 26 points was somehow outscored.

Because Fitzpatrick is bad apart from in very specific circumstances where he plays with the lead, a strong running/screen game, time in the pocket and elite receivers. He looked like he was trying to be Jay Cutler and failing. Doesn't that just say it all?

I know you guys don't care but in spite of being 0-3 in our league I am psyched because in my other league beat our cheating commissioner. What makes the victory sweeter is that he has Deangelo Williams and I have Laveon Bell, so for the rest of the season I will gain a top tier RB and he will lose one.
Reply 230
Original post by SmashConcept
*I know you guys don't care but in spite of being 0-3 in our league I am psyched because in my other league beat our cheating commissioner. What makes the victory sweeter is that he has Deangelo Williams and I have Laveon Bell, so for the rest of the season I will gain a top tier RB and he will lose one.

I love that you beat that guy. He sounds like a dick. And fantasy isn't the real NFL so you can still make the playoffs. I like my 3-0 start but I have to consider myself lucky to be in that position.
Original post by Wattsy
I think this is true. I also think your start/sits are exceptionally brave in places. I love hipster football but in fantasy the core of a winning roster is blue chip players.

AML, at least you're not a Jags or Bucs fan. Both mine and DT's frustrations have been well documented in the other thread. 6 INTs is some Madden craziness though, literally a career worst performance for Fitz.*Jim Hardy threw 8 in 1950 but that's basically a million years ago. Fitz got PFF's worst QB grade ever which considering they've graded 2717 games is fairly spectacular. 5 of the top 10 come from 2015 and oldest of them is in 2011 though so the pass happy nature of the league may not have helped.*

Ahh, but i am a Jags fan, think my post in the other thread about going to the game in London next week and getting a new Jags hat got swallowed with the (justified) pity party that was going on. As this is my first season of FF i got caught up in the hype a bit too much of fringe players

Original post by SmashConcept
Because Fitzpatrick is bad apart from in very specific circumstances where he plays with the lead, a strong running/screen game, time in the pocket and elite receivers. He looked like he was trying to be Jay Cutler and failing. Doesn't that just say it all?

I know you guys don't care but in spite of being 0-3 in our league I am psyched because in my other league beat our cheating commissioner. What makes the victory sweeter is that he has Deangelo Williams and I have Laveon Bell, so for the rest of the season I will gain a top tier RB and he will lose one.

I always happy to hear about other leagues. Good job beating the commissioner, just be careful he doesn't change the rules on you again.

In my secondary league i need Matt Ryan and Brandon Cooks to outscore Freeman by 30 points to keep my winning record going
Reply 232
Ahh, but i am a Jags fan, think my post in the other thread about going to the game in London next week and getting a new Jags hat got swallowed with the (justified) pity party that was going on. As this is my first season of FF i got caught up in the hype a bit too much of fringe players *

I did see that actually, it's been a tumultuous first 3 weeks. I'm so bored of the GusBus right now. I really want the colour rush jersey but until Bortles stops regressing as a QB I don't want his name on the back. He might be the backup when the next head coach comes in if he doesn't get his game straightened out.
I'm 1-2 *****esss
How do playoffs work? Top 2 in each conference or top in each conference then next best 2 records?
Original post by Motorbiker
How do playoffs work? Top 2 in each conference or top in each conference then next best 2 records?

Week 15 - top 4 overall into championship playoff, next 4 into consolation playoff, bottom two eliminated.
Has anyone noticed that everyone in the league won the "unreal combinations trophy" this week, even those without two people on the same team
Reply 237
Has anyone noticed that everyone in the league won the "unreal combinations trophy" this week, even those without two people on the same team

Very odd. I'm just pleased I didn't win the hungriest bench award for the third week running. It's such an indictment of your starting lineup decisions.
Original post by Wattsy
Very odd. I'm just pleased I didn't win the hungriest bench award for the third week running. It's such an indictment of your starting lineup decisions.

Looks like they have fixed it now. I won the hungriest bench for failing to start Marvin Jones on the week he trebled is previous scores
Reply 239
Looks like they have fixed it now. I won the hungriest bench for failing to start Marvin Jones on the week he trebled is previous scores

Oops. I'd honestly just like to have a successful waiver request this week. I'm 3/3 on denials so far and it means injuries are killing the depth I built into my draft.

Quick Reply