The Student Room Group

should a 15 year old girl wear make up and have eyebrows plucked?

my second cousin born july 2001 wants her eyebrows plucked and lots of make up sand foundation her mom says no should she have all this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hunter king
my second cousin born july 2001 wants her eyebrows plucked and lots of make up sand foundation her mom says no should she have all this?

It wouldn't really be odd either way, but if her mum says no then she may as well respect that rather than falling out over it. When she's 16 she'll be a bit more independant and can revisit. If she's set on it, she could pluck her eyebrows at home and start with something like tinted moisturiser while she learns to use makeup
Reply 2
Tbh I don't think plucked eyebrows are that attractive - do prefer natural

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Tbh I don't think plucked eyebrows are that attractive - do prefer natural

Posted from TSR Mobile

here we go. no, you do prefer plucked eyebrows, even if it's just a little stray hairs underneath. you just don't like overly plucked brows where it's noticeably thin/sharp/overly shaped.
also i think she should just listen to her mum at this age. My mother wouldn't let me until I was 16.
I've been having my eyebrows waxed and have been wearing makeup since 13 ... if she does it right then she'll look fine it's just most people when they're younger put their makeup on all cakey so make sure she gets a makeup lesson or teach her how to do it first x
Reply 5
Makeup - no, it damages your skin so the less you use and the older you are when you start (if you do), the better.

Plucking eyebrows - why not? They'll regrow if you don't like the look, plus the hair roots get weaker if you keep plucking so it hurts less so the sooner you start the better.
I started plucking my eyebrows at 13 as my brows were quite bushy. As long as she doesn't overdo it it's fine imo. A lot of teens have bad skin so I don't see anything wrong in it tbh. Most girls start wearing make-up aged 12 or 13 anyway.

26820823.jpg

Most girls get to choose what to do with their appearance, at least to some extent, from the age of 11.

You may not think it but they do. This can be from choosing how to wear their hair for school to what colour they paint their nails.

Now, eyebrow plucking is perfectly fine in someone young - it's hair and it can grow back! As for make up I'd say this depends on what she's wanting. I was never really interested in make up because I was a total tomboy but I did wear cover-up to hide my acne.

If my mum denied me the chance to get rid of that Wolverine monobrow and cover my volcanic eruption of a face I would have definitely got bullied. Denying her may be okay but it might damage her confidence so bare this in mind - high school is cruel.
my second cousin born july 2001 wants her eyebrows plucked and lots of make up and foundation her mom says no should she have all this?

If her mom says no then no she should not as she's gotta respect that. However if her mother had no opinions on the matter I would say she could do that if she wants, your teen years are the time most people start experimenting with their appearance so there's nothing wrong with it.
Reply 10
shes got the rest of her life to do this to herself, why does she need it now??
Original post by Mark19
Makeup - no, it damages your skin so the less you use and the older you are when you start (if you do), the better.

Plucking eyebrows - why not? They'll regrow if you don't like the look, plus the hair roots get weaker if you keep plucking so it hurts less so the sooner you start the better.

True :smile: x
I've been trying to cut down the amount of makeup I use cas I don't wanna get wrinkly when I'm older x :smile:
Why not? Makeup is fun and can give people lots of confidence.
as long as she does not start on the botox then it's fine
Don't overdo it and it will be fine. I didn't start wearing much makeup till I was like 16 and even now my makeup is quite basic
I think 15 is still like too young because all i wore was like mascara. And i still go to school without makeup im 16. She still has baby skin and the products could ruin her skin but at the end of the day its her risk at her own cost but i would advice her not to wear like foundation but a little lipstick wouldnt hurt anyone 😗😗😗😗💄💄💄💄
Original post by Allie4
shes got the rest of her life to do this to herself, why does she need it now??

Sooo true man. Whats the point of ruining her skin at such sn early age 😭😭😭😭
Original post by ShannyMorrison
Most girls get to choose what to do with their appearance, at least to some extent, from the age of 11.

You may not think it but they do. This can be from choosing how to wear their hair for school to what colour they paint their nails.

Now, eyebrow plucking is perfectly fine in someone young - it's hair and it can grow back! As for make up I'd say this depends on what she's wanting. I was never really interested in make up because I was a total tomboy but I did wear cover-up to hide my acne.

If my mum denied me the chance to get rid of that Wolverine monobrow and cover my volcanic eruption of a face I would have definitely got bullied. Denying her may be okay but it might damage her confidence so bare this in mind - high school is cruel.

Thats also true. High school is horrible. I got bullied and its not an easy situation to get through. But i would suggest wear a little but not too much
I mean shes going to school not a fashion show lol. Thats what my mum says to me😂😂😂😂
Original post by kingdrakiwi
here we go. no, you do prefer plucked eyebrows, even if it's just a little stray hairs underneath. you just don't like overly plucked brows where it's noticeably thin/sharp/overly shaped.
also i think she should just listen to her mum at this age. My mother wouldn't let me until I was 16.

My mum tooo lol 😂😂😂😂
I saw 12 year old hijabis in full make up and high heels, shopping around Westfield like they're in their 20s, just makes me laugh :lol:

If she had caterpillars I can sympathise, I have been threading mine since I was 12. If not, then yeah she shouldn't really touch them
Make up should be minimal at that age
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending