The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone
i have a news for people who are still in the waiting list. They rang me Friday as a response to my email. Said Im the 45th person on the list along with other 33 people who got the same score as me. All my hopes broke into pieces lol. But the good thing is, the list has moved forward since June. When i rang them in June i was 164th lol x
(edited 7 years ago)
And that's only for Birmingham and solihull areas
Original post by Becky1105

I emailed them ages ago on the contact email on the advert, but didnt receive a reply. Did you use the same address? I might try again!

Oh my god !!! But if thry gave that many . Why do another campaign ? X
Original post by unprinted
Job coach, the people who say 'you didn't apply to enough / well enough: you're sanctioned'?

Having found the spec, you may not do the actual sanctioning - the one I found makes it looks like you're not actually employed by the DWP but by someone they contract out this to - but you're the one who reports people to be sanctioned.
Hi everyone
i have a news for people who are still in the waiting list. They rang me Friday as a response to my email. Said Im the 45th person on the list along with other 33 people who got the same score as me. All my hopes broke into pieces lol. But the good thing is, the list has moved forward since June. When i rang them in June i was 164th lol x

Omg no chance then....better forget about it😔
Having found the spec, you may not do the actual sanctioning - the one I found makes it looks like you're not actually employed by the DWP but by someone they contract out this to - but you're the one who reports people to be sanctioned.

I wouldn't go around boasting about these jobs. You'd get more respect working in experiments on live animals or clubbing baby seals to death.

Or how about helping vulnerable people by referring them to opportunities that may not be available to them if not attending the job centre, hopefully moving them into sustainable employment to give them a better quality of life where they don't have to depend on the state or claim £73.10 per week.

I don't know where you got your info from lol but you are directly employed by the DWP...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by memoryfish
Or how about helping vulnerable people by referring them to opportunities that may not be available to them if not attending the job centre, hopefully moving them into sustainable employment to give them a better quality of life where they don't have to depend on the state or claim £73.10 per week.

Yeah, yeah, that's what it's presented as, but the reality is that your job targets are around removing people from the register, one way or another. Given someone who is difficult to place, it is much easier to deny them benefits than find them 'sustainable employment' - your bosses are happy either way.

The sick rate for DWP staff is appallingly high because of the stress and the position they're placed in.

I don't know where you got your info from lol but you are directly employed by the DWP...

Several services are contracted to do this are using this as a job title. The job spec looks very, very similar to the directly employed one.
Yeah, yeah, that's what it's presented as, but the reality is that your job targets are around removing people from the register, one way or another. Given someone who is difficult to place, it is much easier to deny them benefits than find them 'sustainable employment' - your bosses are happy either way.

The sick rate for DWP staff is appallingly high because of the stress and the position they're placed in.

Several services are contracted to do this are using this as a job title. The job spec looks very, very similar to the directly employed one.

Well I do the job currently so I'm speaking from experience, I'm guessing you don't work for the DWP so you wouldn't really know tbh...

And the reality is that there is no target for getting people off a benefit. So as a individual your not assessed on how many people come off benefit or how many people you refer for a sanction.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by memoryfish
Well I do the job currently so I'm speaking from experience, I'm guessing you don't work for the DWP so you wouldn't really know tbh...

I don't, but I know someone who does.

And the reality is that there is no target for getting people off a benefit.

If you don't have one, the person above you definitely does.
Hey guys..
Dwp has again got 40 posts in Birmingham and solihull....i just dont understand why they havent offered it to us before making it external...this is so unfair..
Original post by Yashicabali
Hey guys..
Dwp has again got 40 posts in Birmingham and solihull....i just dont understand why they havent offered it to us before making it external...this is so unfair..

I don't understand that either I think you should defiantly query it email and ask the question ?

They haven't advertised any in my area just 3 for Brecon way .
Original post by prinny88
I don't understand that either I think you should defiantly query it email and ask the question ?

They haven't advertised any in my area just 3 for Brecon way .

I think its absolutley disgusting, I would like to know how much a recruitment costs, what a waste of tax payers money! Ive emailed Birmingham today to find out more info, particularly as to where i am on the list!
Original post by Natz267
I think its absolutley disgusting, I would like to know how much a recruitment costs, what a waste of tax payers money! Ive emailed Birmingham today to find out more info, particularly as to where i am on the list!

I have sent them an email too...lets c....its very confusing though...
How much was your score NATZ??
I recently got a reply that we have already send you an email that you dont need to reapply for the vacancy...
We will let u know about any position in the locations you have specified....
Have patience
Lol
I'm totally confused too. I really don't know why they're doing this to us lol. All our hopes from May... going to be wasted. Not fair at all
Original post by Yashicabali
I have sent them an email too...lets c....its very confusing though...
How much was your score NATZ??

4455, not the best considering I did the job for 3 years lol!
Reply 657
I spoke to someone who basically said that just because I'm on the reserve list doesn't mean I'll be offered a job!!! Got the impression that they want people with higher scores so a total waste of time and effort.
Original post by Jones23
I spoke to someone who basically said that just because I'm on the reserve list doesn't mean I'll be offered a job!!! Got the impression that they want people with higher scores so a total waste of time and effort.

What area are you jones ?
Reply 659
Original post by prinny88
What area are you jones ?

Applied for Chester, Ellesmere Port and Nantwich

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending