Original post by DonAchille
Applying for Maths :smile:.

What are your ums scores? Just out of interest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I got pushed towards the classics and English when at school and took 2 years of the 4 year classics degree at Oxford before getting totally fed up.

I've always like reading about sciencey stuff, physics especially and sort of got into the idea of doing maths, so decided I'd go for it. I don't like my job at the moment and have no real commitments so I have the opportunity to do a degree. Hope your application goes well.

How do you plan on paying for your second degree?
Original post by gmahapatra
Hi Linjun - good choice of course ;P How are your grades?

I'm an American, so my qualifications are different from the A/AS exams you sit through.
I haves scores of 5 in seven Advanced Placement exams, and a 4 in another, sadly. I have also taken 2nd year (sophomore) level economics courses at Harvard, and gotten As in both Intermediate Micro and Intermediate Macro.
I took the ACT, where i scored 36 in math and reading and 35 in science and writing.
Original post by Josh.Lyman
I'm an American, so my qualifications are different from the A/AS exams you sit through.
I haves scores of 5 in seven Advanced Placement exams, and a 4 in another, sadly. I have also taken 2nd year (sophomore) level economics courses at Harvard, and gotten As in both Intermediate Micro and Intermediate Macro.
I took the ACT, where i scored 36 in math and reading and 35 in science and writing.

Bloody impressive man, well done. Why trinity as opposed to an American Uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bloody impressive man, well done. Why trinity as opposed to an American Uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks, I'm hoping my record is sufficient to get me an interview, since everyone who applies to Trinty seems so over-qualified, which means thay my record isn't going to be that special compared to the rest of the applicants.
I want to study at Cambridge largely because I want to specialize in economics, so the liberal arts style of instruction in the US doesnt suit my needs. Of course, i'm applying to US schools just in case i am rejected from Cambridge, but Cambridge is definitely my first choice, above Princeton etc.
Original post by Josh.Lyman
Haha thanks, I'm hoping my record is sufficient to get me an interview, since everyone who applies to Trinty seems so over-qualified, which means thay my record isn't going to be that special compared to the rest of the applicants.
I want to study at Cambridge largely because I want to specialize in economics, so the liberal arts style of instruction in the US doesnt suit my needs. Of course, i'm applying to US schools just in case i am rejected from Cambridge, but Cambridge is definitely my first choice, above Princeton etc.

Damn, makes me terrified to apply, to be honest. I got As in Economics, Physics, and Maths ASs and an A* in A2 maths last year + I have 10A*s from GCSE. I'm relying quite heavily on having been in extenuating circumstances to pull my application up, but hearing about prodigies like you applying makes me scared to apply too hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonwinner
How do you plan on paying for your second degree?

I've got plenty of savings, but my first time round I didn't get any loans either, and I didn't finish the degree so if I needed to then I could get student finance.
Incredible! I totally understand the sentiment man, what college at Oxford, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks bro :smile:

Magdalene. Cheers. It's a bit of a leap of faith if I'm honest, and I'm not 100% sure I'm doing he right thing but I think I am and we will soon find out.
Damn, makes me terrified to apply, to be honest. I got As in Economics, Physics, and Maths ASs and an A* in A2 maths last year + I have 10A*s from GCSE. I'm relying quite heavily on having been in extenuating circumstances to pull my application up, but hearing about prodigies like you applying makes me scared to apply too hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't have much better than 10 A* and A*aaa at this stage.

The vast majority of successful applicants do not have "perfect" academic credentials. :smile:
Original post by jneill
You can't have much better than 10 A* and A*aaa at this stage.

The vast majority of successful applicants do not have "perfect" academic credentials. :smile:

Ahh, but it takes more than just good grades. Thank you though man, I appreciate it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Magdalene. Cheers. It's a bit of a leap of faith if I'm honest, and I'm not 100% sure I'm doing he right thing but I think I am and we will soon find out.

That's fantastic, it's a beautiful college! That's true, but at the same time you don't want to follow a discipline you're not vested in, right? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoping to study History and MFL at Trinity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by studyblr_mr
Hoping to study History and German at Trinity. Putting in for Cambridge is kind of a wild card for me, so I just thought why not put in for the highest rated college too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good logic, I'm in the exact same scenario, to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for engineering, 10A* IGCSE, but we dont do AS at my school.. Anyone else for engineering?
Only just found this thread! Hi everyone I'm Claire and I'm applying for architecture at Trin :biggrin:
Original post by czhang1998
Only just found this thread! Hi everyone I'm Claire and I'm applying for architecture at Trin :biggrin:

Welcome Claire! How hyped are you for admissions tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Misuraf
I'm applying for engineering, 10A* IGCSE, but we dont do AS at my school.. Anyone else for engineering?

Yo, congratulations on your GCSEs! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welcome Claire! How hyped are you for admissions tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mixed feelings actually bc for architecture we have a written assessment and a drawing one (that is if I have an interview *finger crossed*) I'm dreading the written one but looking forward to the drawing assessment!
Yo, congratulations on your GCSEs! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot!
Hey there, I'm another aspiring mathematician 😃

Latest

Trending

Trending