The Student Room Group

iQ Birmingham's overnight guests policy

Heya! I'm an international student and wanted to know if my boyfriend from my country could stay over for about 10 days in iQ? I read the policy and they stated that only a maximum of 2 nights was allowed. He will only be visiting once in the year so I would really hope for him to live with me while he is here.
Original post by Shervv
Heya! I'm an international student and wanted to know if my boyfriend from my country could stay over for about 10 days in iQ? I read the policy and they stated that only a maximum of 2 nights was allowed. He will only be visiting once in the year so I would really hope for him to live with me while he is here.

Try the Birmingham university forums, you are more likely to find people who lived there before who can tell you. However generally rules on guests don't tend to get enforced as long as the guest isn't a nuisance to anyone else.
Reply 2
Thank you so much !
Original post by Shervv

Hi Shervv, get in touch with the accommodation manager at iQ Birmingham on 0121 201 3160, his name is Steve and he'll be able to help you with your request. You can also get in touch by emailing [email protected].

Thanks,
The iQ Team :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by iQ Student Accommodation
Hi Shervv, get in touch with the accommodation manager at iQ Birmingham on 0121 201 3160, his name is Steve and he'll be able to help you with your request. You can also get in touch by emailing [email protected].

Thanks,
The iQ Team :smile:

Thank you very much ! And I'd also like to ask on the accommodation booking process for January intake students ? I haven't been getting a reply from the iQ team. I tried the online booking, but it's currently only open for the September 2016/17 students. Thank you !
Original post by Shervv
Thank you very much ! And I'd also like to ask on the accommodation booking process for January intake students ? I haven't been getting a reply from the iQ team. I tried the online booking, but it's currently only open for the September 2016/17 students. Thank you !

Hi Shervv,

We don't usually do January start contracts, only if there is someone looking to leave early and who need their contract taken over. It might be better for you to get back in touch in December to see if we have anyone who might be looking to leave. But if you could email [email protected] your email and phone number we can put you on the waiting list anyway and if anything comes up we can get in touch. :smile:

Thanks,
The iQ Team
Hmm in my halls they said I think three days or something max but you got people that regularly flouted that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending