The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MagnetoWasRight
You would never say such a ridiculous thing and any reaction you get would be the result of saying such a thing.

Pretty much every father flirts with his daughter, even radfems like Germaine Greer agree with me because I'm so right here.

I think our definitions of flirtation greatly differ here. Or at least the context. Have you read examples of the OPs 'flirtation' in the previous pages?
Original post by Twinpeaks
I think our definitions of flirtation greatly differ here. Or at least the context. Have you read examples of the OPs 'flirtation' in the previous pages?

I can't see any.

OP is being a fool by not cutting her off, I highly doubt he's done anything illegal, he probably wouldn't even be arrested tbqh, but if he actually buys them alcohol in an attempt to buy them off then he's crossed over into the danger zone.
I can't see any.

OP is being a fool by not cutting her off, I highly doubt he's done anything illegal, he probably wouldn't even be arrested tbqh, but if he actually buys them alcohol in an attempt to buy them off then he's crossed over into the danger zone.

Has alcohol been mentioned?
Original post by Mvine001
Has alcohol been mentioned?

OP said one of her slut friends is demanding he buys them alcohol in return for her keeping shtum, he should just cut her off rather than getting involved with human garbage.
OP said one of her slut friends is demanding he buys them alcohol in return for her keeping shtum, he should just cut her off rather than getting involved with human garbage.

Cut off, OP, CUT OFF NOW!!!!!:banned:
I can't see any.

I could've sworn there was a post where he described some texts.

But anyway, it's clear throughout the thread that he had romantic intentions to her. For example, in his OP- "I just want a girlfriend" and later on "I just want someone to care for me". And he also admitted that he was attracted to her.

If he said "I just wanted a friend" then yeah I can see where you are coming from, but his intentions were romantic, therefore we can assume that his flirtation naturally had romantic intentions. And because of her age, that is inappropriate. Not illegal, but inappropriate.
Original post by Mvine001
Cut off, OP, CUT OFF NOW!!!!!:banned:

This is how nervous guys screw themselves over.

Some 15 year old calls you a paedo so you cut her off and never speak with her again = smart guy :yy:
Some 15 year old calls you a paedo so you buy her and her friends alcohol to say nothing = :facepalm2:

I could've sworn there was a post where he described some texts.

But anyway, it's clear throughout the thread that he had romantic intentions to her. For example, in his OP- "I just want a girlfriend" and later on "I just want someone to care for me". And he also admitted that he was attracted to her.

If he said "I just wanted a friend" then yeah I can see where you are coming from, but his intentions were romantic, therefore we can assume that his flirtation naturally had romantic intentions. And because of her age, that is inappropriate. Not illegal, but inappropriate.

Inappropriate but not illegal I agree.
(edited 7 years ago)

They aren't human garbage, but 15 year old girls. They are immature, teenagers. What more do you expect?

Anyone with an ounce of rationality would know that getting involved with 15 year olds would lead to trouble, at the least petty games.

OP is getting exactly what he bargained for. Befriend 15 year old girls? Well be prepared to be drawn into their games.
Reply 88
Original post by sh9
That doesn't give you the right to "flirt" and "be cheeky" with a 15 year old whether or not she showed interest. You should know better.

You need to be patient or work on yourself if the only girl you can hold a conversation with or get hugs from is underage.

Do what you like, but pursuing her any further could ruin your life and you will only have yourself to blame.

Aren't you going to/ready for uni? You'll meet loads of new people there.

on some occasions random underaged girls have tried to flirt with me for some reason, ..this could range from blowing kiss from a moving vehicle/bus ...to a couple of cases where the girls actually came up and approached me. I've always felt too uncomfortable to flirt back .... I tend to ignore it, yet at the same time when you ignore them it makes you seem like an ass. Once some underage girls actually y got quite angry because I refused to engage them.

I don't like coming across as an ass, ..yet at the same time I don't want to be branded as a "pedo" either. British society is very quick to throw around this word

As a male, I do know that feel when you try to politely talk to a pretty woman and she won't even give you the time of day. I usually think to myself she's a stuckup ***** ...so tbh I feel bad about ignoring the girls.

lately i've been thinking would it be so bad if i flirted back a little so not to appear rude?
but then again ...i feel uncomfortable over the idea.

and another thing. where does one draw the line regarding what is flirting?
sometimes during day to day, random people might smile at one another.Usually it is a polite smile and nothing more. I try to be polite and smile back if someone smiles at me male or female. However, not everytime someone is smiling it is a polite smile. There was one occasion some underage girl was walking along with her mother, and the girl smiled at me. I sensed a little lust in her smile but was not sure. The mother and the girl both were looking in my direction. The mother did not see the girl smile at me. The girl is expecting me to smile at her back. The mother will see me smile at the girl if i smile and as she hasn't seen the girl smile at me ...she was take the incident at face value which is a fully grown man smiling at a underaged girl dressed in skimpy attire.
(edited 7 years ago)
They aren't human garbage, but 15 year old girls. They are immature, teenagers. What more do you expect?

Anyone with an ounce of rationality would know that getting involved with 15 year olds would lead to trouble, at the least petty games.

OP is getting exactly what he bargained for. Befriend 15 year old girls? Well be prepared to be drawn into their games.

Even when I was 15, I knew that blackmailing someone into illegal activity is extremely serious and in fact potentially criminal in of itself.
Even when I was 15, I knew that blackmailing someone into illegal activity is extremely serious and in fact potentially criminal in of itself.

Don't apply your own standards to others though.
Don't apply your own standards to others though.

What other baseline do I have? It's really chavvy and low class, ''buy us a bottle of vodka and I won't tell me dad ur a nonce''
What other baseline do I have? It's really chavvy and low class, ''buy us a bottle of vodka and I won't tell me dad ur a nonce''

Perhaps some social intelligence, some common sense? :colonhash:

Do you expect all children to be as middle class and sophisticated as you? :colonhash:
Perhaps some social intelligence, some common sense? :colonhash:

Do you expect all children to be as middle class and sophisticated as you? :colonhash:

Actually having to empathise with chavs, ffs Twinpeaks :puke:

I'm basically a caveman, believe me
Reply 94
Original post by ANM775
on some occasions random underaged girls have tried to flirt with me for some reason, ..this could range from blowing kiss from a moving vehicle/bus ...to a couple of cases where the girls actually came up and approached me. I've always felt too uncomfortable to flirt back .... I tend to ignore it, yet at the same time when you ignore them it makes you seem like an ass. Once some underage girls actually y got quite angry because I refused to engage them.

I don't like coming across as an ass, ..yet at the same time I don't want to be branded as a "pedo" either. British society is very quick to throw around this word

As a male, I do know that feel when you try to politely talk to a pretty woman and she won't even give you the time of day. I usually think to myself she's a stuckup ***** ...so tbh I feel bad about ignoring the girls.

lately i've been thinking would it be so bad if i flirted back a little so not to appear rude?
but then again ...i feel uncomfortable over the idea.

and another thing. where does one draw the line regarding what is flirting?
sometimes during day to day, random people might smile at one another.Usually it is a polite smile and nothing more. I try to be polite and smile back if someone smiles at me male or female. However, not everytime someone is smiling it is a polite smile. There was one occasion some underage girl was walking along with her mother, and the girl smiled at me. I sensed a little lust in her smile but was not sure. The mother and the girl both were looking in my direction. The mother did not see the girl smile at me. The girl is expecting me to smile at her back. The mother will see me smile at the girl if i smile and as she hasn't seen the girl smile at me ...she was take the incident at face value which is a fully grown man smiling at a underaged girl dressed in skimpy attire.

This does happen.
I know it works both ways. Girls are no angels and can be deceptive when they want to be.

A twisted girl once lied to my male friend about being older than she was when she was in fact 14/15 and he was 17. They had a bitter break up and she got back at him with the "you have nudes of an underage girl :smile:)" which is when he found out he had been lied to. Ultimately she had the upper hand and she ended up being able to blackmail him as he feared the consequences as she came from a powerful family and threatened to go to the police.

It's why I said that OP should know better than to pursue her when he knows that she is 15 and for his own sake to cut her off.
It's immoral, risky and totally not worth the hassle or energy.
Original post by Anonymous
No i want someone to spent time with and care about me/cuddle. If its for sex i talk to girls over 16 and you can tell the difference by how i talk to them

Whether you had sex with her or not, flirting is considered sexual and you did that with a 15 y/o.

STOP.
Original post by ShannyMorrison
Whether you had sex with her or not, flirting is considered sexual and you did that with a 15 y/o.

STOP.

and the basis for your assertion ?

i wonder how many of the female posters in the thread would have done nearly anything to get an 18 year old lad when they were 15 ...
Original post by zippyRN
and the basis for your assertion ?

i wonder how many of the female posters in the thread would have done nearly anything to get an 18 year old lad when they were 15 ...

The manipulative kind of girl perhaps, or an unfortunate guy and unfortunate girl that happen to be in love with an age gap.

I, on the other hand, at that age had a partner with a two months gap because I knew what was socially acceptable.

The literal Google definition is "behaving as though sexually attracted to someone" and synonyms include 'lead on' and 'teasing'

I have a friend who is 15 and she doesn't view me as a pedo tbh she lives almost next door to me obviously we talk we live in a nice community of about 25 houses so.
I have had a girl have sex with me. She done all of the work and was on top. I was too drunk to participate properly except for getting hard. Because she had a boyfriend she told him that she didn't want sex. That is how easy it is for a false statement to cause trouble. I was lucky she explained to the people that she had spoken to about it that she lied.

Latest

Trending

Trending