The Student Room Group

Nigel Farage

Scroll to see replies

I actually like Nigel Farage, sure enough he plays to his crowd, but if he came to our uni I'd go see him speak, he's open about his and his party's stance on insurance based healthcare and other ice breaking policies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
National hero imo. Sparked change from a grassroots level despite constant smearing.

You cannot barrage the Farage.
Thou can not barrage the farage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Plagioclase
Of course the problem isn't limited just to Farage but as the person who has pretty much single-handedly led this crusade against the EU, he carries much of the responsibility. The EU is not failing, the only reason why people in this country seem to believe this is because politicians and the media have used it as a convenient scapegoat for decades (but most intensively in the past few years) for domestic failings. It's always much easier to blame an outsider for all of your problems than to admit any responsibility for yourself and nobody has managed to master this blame-shifting as much as UKIP has. You are more than welcome to believe that the UK will turn out for the better as a result of this but what I think you will find instead is a rather cruel awakening to the fact that Britain isn't quite as important as Little Englanders seem to believe she is.

People like you are what drove the majority of this country to vote out. :h:
He's a deceitful man that cannot keep his word. He was the very man to bring so much momentum to the Leave campaign to ditch it as soon as the pound went down the drain. It's also funny how he was more than happy to accept the £83k yearly salary from the EU despite hating it so much.

He's been avoiding tax since 2013, he's racist towards Muslims, he wants to legalise handguns, etc.

And don't say he's not bloody racist. He's best friends with Umberto Bossi, a man who once said "all immigrants should be shot". Here's a quote from Farage himself:"Loony lefties want to hand our birthright to Romanian Gypsies who beat their wives and children into begging and stealing money they can gamble with and Muslim nutters who want to kill us and put us all under medieval Sharia law"... Wow, no racial stereotyping, eh?

I could go on and on about this for days but brainwashed people never listen.
Reply 65
Original post by ShannyMorrison
I could go on and on about this for days but brainwashed people never listen.

apparantly over half the electorate did listen - just not to you.
*I could go on and on about this for days but brainwashed people never listen.

Pot, kettle.
Original post by midnightice
Pot, kettle.

I love how you completely ignored all of my relevant points and decided to say I was brainwashed without saying who by.

Jesus effing christ.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iThrow
apparantly over half the electorate did listen - just not to you.

Literally ALL of Scotland and half of Northern Ireland didn't, you know, the places that don't swing right? Meaning you need a far-right wing mindset?

Before you accuse me of being a lefty, I think all of the parties talk garbage.
Reply 69
Literally ALL of Scotland and half of Northern Ireland didn't

So? Most of England and most of Wales did.

When Scotland starts pulling its weight it can have a bigger say. Could always try being an idependant Scotland (lol) if you don't like UK democracy?
Original post by iThrow
So? Most of England and most of Wales did.

When Scotland starts pulling its weight it can have a bigger say. Could always try being an idependant Scotland (lol) if you don't like UK democracy?

Ah, of course, everything revolves around England I forgot.

Scotland starts pulling it's weight? Scotland is a fraction of the size, I really don't know wtf you're expecting from a country with around 5m population.

As for pulling their weight, they've sent their soldiers and paid their taxes and shared their oil and become part of the economy. How's that doing nothing?

Well why do you think Scotland is demanding another referendum? The nation was promised things if they would stay only for people to go back on their word. "If you stay with us you'll stay in the EU... trololol changed my mind".
Reply 71

Well why do you think Scotland is demanding another referendum? The nation was promised things if they would stay only for people to go back on their word. "If you stay with us you'll stay in the EU... trololol changed my mind".

Such an easily-duped nation should not have been given a vote on the EU referendum at all.
Original post by iThrow
Such an easily-duped nation should not have been given a vote on the EU referendum at all.

Ah yes, the nation that doesn't like Nigel Farage is easily duped :wink: you keep telling yourselves that. You guys are England's answer to Trump supporters, thinking he will magic away all the big bad immigrants and make Britain Great Again.
Reply 73
Ah yes, the nation that doesn't like Nigel Farage is easily duped :wink: you keep telling yourselves that. You guys are England's answer to Trump supporters, thinking he will magic away all the big bad immigrants and make Britain Great Again.

Better than sturgeon's plan of "keep scotland rubbish [again?]"
I see nothing to like about the man. He thought we should ban the Polish from coming to the UK, and thought that we made a bad choice joining the EU. I see nothing wrong with it, because we actually got an improved NHS becuase of being in the EU.
Original post by iThrow
Better than sturgeon's plan of "keep scotland rubbish [again?]"

Ah, okay. Now you're going to misread what I tell you. I told you that ALL parties were full of **** - that INCLUDES the SNP and their Nazi regime.

I don't know why you're waving the Scotland flag at me so much anyway? Where did I state I was Scottish? Perhaps I should confuse your little facist brain some more and bait you all over again.

I'm half Scottish, half English. I voted no in the Independence referendum. I also decided not to vote for the EU thing because I knew exactly how it would go anyway.

I'm not on this thread because I think Scotland is great and the EU was fab. I'm on this thread because I find it shocking how backwards, racist and facist some people are in 2016. I can almost guarantee you're the very people who think Mussolini was fabulous and wish we'd adopt some of Trumps ideology... oh wait, there already is a wall in the UK, I forgot.
Reply 76
Ah, okay. Now you're going to misread what I tell you. I told you that ALL parties were full of **** - that INCLUDES the SNP and their Nazi regime.

I don't know why you're waving the Scotland flag at me so much anyway? Where did I state I was Scottish? Perhaps I should confuse your little facist brain some more and bait you all over again.

I'm half Scottish, half English. I voted no in the Independence referendum. I also decided not to vote for the EU thing because I knew exactly how it would go anyway.

I'm not on this thread because I think Scotland is great and the EU was fab. I'm on this thread because I find it shocking how backwards, racist and facist some people are in 2016. I can almost guarantee you're the very people who think Mussolini was fabulous and wish we'd adopt some of Trumps ideology... oh wait, there already is a wall in the UK, I forgot.

oh okay so you're just a serial contrarian. it's really easy to criticise everyone around you whilst you sit on the fence refusing to take a side. you should leave this one to the big boys.
Original post by iThrow
oh okay so you're just a serial contrarian. it's really easy to criticise everyone around you whilst you sit on the fence refusing to take a side. you should leave this one to the big boys.

Oh, of course I should take a side, I'm sorry :smile: I mean, you 'big boys' know exactly what you're doing don't you? The same big boys that got David Cameron, Tony Blair, Maggie Thatcher and Gordon Brown into power? Clever English boys that you are.

So seeing as you know your stuff, should I go with the giant douche or the turd sandwich?*

*If you don't get the reference, I'm so f*cking done.
Reply 78
Oh, of course I should take a side, I'm sorry :smile: I mean, you 'big boys' know exactly what you're doing don't you? The same big boys that got David Cameron, Tony Blair, Maggie Thatcher and Gordon Brown into power? Clever English boys that you are.

So seeing as you know your stuff, should I go with the giant douche or the turd sandwich?*

*If you don't get the reference, I'm so f*cking done.

of course i get the reference.

facts are you voted for scotland to remain under the mighty wing of England and then you refused to vote in the EU thing. so i don't see what you've done to try further your viewpoint (assuming you have one) other than just resort to ad-hominem attacks. Independent UK was a victory for common sense and we all have Farage to thank for planting the initial seeds.

edit; dunno how i missed this earlier, but just realised the 2 worst on your list (brown and blair) are scottish themselves :biggrin: we'll learn our lesson for next time dont worry
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iThrow
of course i get the reference.

facts are you voted for scotland to remain under the mighty wing of England and then you refused to vote in the EU thing. so i don't see what you've done to try further your viewpoint (assuming you have one) other than just resort to ad-hominem attacks. Independent UK was a victory for common sense and we all have Farage to thank for planting the initial seeds.

edit; dunno how i missed this earlier, but just realised the 2 worst on your list (brown and blair) are scottish themselves :biggrin: we'll learn our lesson for next time dont worry

I wanted to remain because I'm British, not Scottish? I've clarified this. It would making it a fecking farce to visit my family if I had a dual-nationality. Also, nationalism has NEVER gone well for any country. It fecked up Italy and Germany, why would Scotland be any bloody different?

Right, because Brown is more of a threat than Thatcher? The man had no back bone. Thatcher did whatever the f*ck she wanted regardless of consequences. She was the devil. May will probably be the same.

I don't care if this is backwards feminism but FemiNazis don't belong in politics. They can take their salty emotions elsewhere.

You get the reference? At least you have some taste.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending