The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I live in Sutton Coldfield!! I think its quite nice, just try avoiding Walmley and the middle of Sutton (the shopping area, it's officially The Parade on google maps) at half 3 in the afternoon because there will be lots of school traffic.

If you want somewhere nice to eat, full english breakfast, lunch etc you could try The Chase Farm Shop in Roughley, Sutton Coldfield, I often go for breakfast on the weekends, on Saturday dont go for breakfast between 10-11 as there will be no tables, except outside. their website link: http://www.chasefarmshop.co.uk/

Hope this helps!
Original post by villalauren
I live in Sutton Coldfield!! I think its quite nice, just try avoiding Walmley and the middle of Sutton (the shopping area, it's officially The Parade on google maps) at half 3 in the afternoon because there will be lots of school traffic.

It's lovely. I used to live about two minutes from the Parade opposite Plantsbrook School. Wish I could move back tbh, the town centre, park, pubs & atmosphere of the place is much better than where I live now, especially in summer.
Original post by frankielogue
Solihull is nice. So is Edgbaston and Harborne, the latter of which I live in. Bartley green is meh but I suggest you don’t go anywhere apart from Solihull, Edgbaston, Harborne, and the city centre.

EDIT: Oh, and Sutton Coldfield.

Moseley is allright too.
Original post by Kyx
Go to bearwood, to this place called Neelams Kebab House. Ask for a chicken donner burger meal, it's only £2.00.

Thanks, will remember :smile:
Reply 85
Alum rock and the rest of them aren't that bad you've just got to live here to know that

Quality post, I'm so glad you went into detail here :laugh:
Well now I know where everybody lives I'll be sure to say hello :biggrin:
Original post by Wilfred Little
It's lovely. I used to live about two minutes from the Parade opposite Plantsbrook School. Wish I could move back tbh, the town centre, park, pubs & atmosphere of the place is much better than where I live now, especially in summer.

I go to Bishop Walsh just down the road from Plantsbrook. And you should come back, although loads of the shops have changed now :/
Original post by moonkatt
Moseley is allright too.

true.

ALSO DONT GO DIXY CHICKENS THEY GIVE YOU FAKE CHANGE
Reply 90
Original post by I am a Lie
I went there with u once loooool

It's now open on Fridays, from 5pm
Original post by Raehana
Alum rock and the rest of them aren't that bad you've just got to live here to know that

Alum Rock and the surrounding areas are depressing.
Solihull isn't Birmingham, and everyone who lives there will tell you that it's part of Warwickshire, not Birmingham.

Head into Birmingham itself, it's far more exciting than Touchwood.
Original post by Donkey******
Solihull isn't Birmingham, and everyone who lives there will tell you that it's part of Warwickshire, not Birmingham.

Head into Birmingham itself, it's far more exciting than Touchwood.

Not everyone. I know a couple of people from Solihull who would say it's Birmingham.

B postcode, 0121 phone code.
When you get to Birmingham there's a few things you have to do/are worth doing.

1. Get a decent curry (be aware, if you're from down south, it's hotter than you're used to, if you eat a Vindaloo down south, reign it in to a Madras, your bowels will thank me)
2. Cadbury world. Bournville is a lovely place to visit, but remember it's dry (Quaker village, no booze) Luckily Selly Oak, and the student slums are down the road if you can't enjoy chocolate without tequila. The botanical gardens are not far from there either if you want to take in some culture.
3. Sealife centre is another nice one to visit, plus puts you in the heart of the canal network, plus there's Brindley Place, the ICC and the NIA (Gladiators nostalgia for those old enough to remember)

There are loads of restaurants, and bars that are worth visiting. The Wellington is well worth a visit if you're interested in good beer, the Jekyl and Hyde opposite Snow Hill station if you're a fan of gin based cocktails, or just gin in general, as well as possibly the greatest nightclub in Birmingham, Snobs (no one say a word!!!)
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not everyone. I know a couple of people from Solihull who would say it's Birmingham.

B postcode, 0121 phone code.

Are they the Solihull folks who live the other side of the airport, because I think most people in Solihull would rather Chelmsley Wood and Marston Green were Birmingham.
Depends on what interests you. If you like shopping visit the Bull Ring shopping centre, and Grand Central station (ex New Street Station), The Mailbox for upmarket shops and eateries. There's also Think Tank Science Museum where you can spend many hours (costs, but you can find vouchers online), there are other museums that may be free. China Town for restaurants, shopping, bars. Broad St for clubs and bars.

Have a look on tripadvisor for restaurants and/or attractions.
Reply 97
Birmingham is a beautiful and advanced place to live in and it is mixed cultured from all over the world. Also sometimes it can be busy.
Reply 98
Are they the Solihull folks who live the other side of the airport, because I think most people in Solihull would rather Chelmsley Wood and Marston Green were Birmingham.

Bruh, Selly Oak is beast

I'm not sure where they live exactly. I don't see why it shouldn't be considered part of Brum even if it isn't within official city boundaries though. People don't seem to do this with other cities in the UK.

I would even say Sandwell is part of Brum tbh.

Latest