The Student Room Group

Man kicked a pregnant women in the stomach causing her to lose her baby

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
" The 34-year-old woman, who witnesses said was Middle Eastern in appearance and wore a headscarf, was shopping in a branch of the Co-op in Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, when she was approached by a man who made racial remarks, police said."

I edited my link so you get taken directly to the article, you might've missed the edit so click the telegraph link :tongue:

Er no I read that.

It again doesn't say anything abut her being Muslim or Somalian.

Anywayz.

Technically this is murder, he should get life in prison.
Original post by Lord Samosa
We need the death sentence for ***** like these

I was just thinking that he should get death for killing a baby, I know some countries have done that. At least put them on death row even if it was appealed to life some time later.
This is disgusting :angry:

The man should be done for murder :angry: :angry:
Original post by 0to100
Er no I read that.

Anywayz.

I would've thought middle eastern appearance + headscarf would've been enough for it to be Muslim. Do you see many non-Muslim women wearing the headscarf (hijab) where you live or something?
It's disgusting but I don't agree with people calling it murder. If you accept that then you must accept abortion as murder.

Still, he ought to be locked up indefinitely.
Reply 25
Original post by BasicMistake
It's disgusting but I don't agree with people calling it murder. If you accept that then you must accept abortion as murder.

i think murder is a pretty good description. abortion is killing but its legal. murder is illegal killing with intention and i think if you see a pregnant woman and kick her in the stomach then you'd be hard pressed to give any other explanation for your action.
Original post by iThrow
i think murder is a pretty good description. abortion is killing but its legal. murder is illegal killing with intention and i think if you see a pregnant woman and kick her in the stomach then you'd be hard pressed to give any other explanation for your action.

Murder requires the dead to be a 'person' which makes the whole abortion argument incredibly complicated as it raises ethical issues. I don't see an unborn foetus as a person.

Anyway, I bet some lawyer can claim it's less murder but actually manslaughter.

[If you were going to rail at me for my views on abortion then don't bother. This is neither an appropriate thread nor am I bothered to reply; there are a tonne of threads about it on this website already.]

EDIT: That last comment wasn't aimed at you iThrow btw. Just to readers in general.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wtaf is wrong with people
Reply 28
Murder requires the dead to be a 'person' which makes the whole abortion argument incredibly complicated as it raises ethical issues. I don't see an unborn foetus as a person.

Anyway, I bet some lawyer can claim it's less murder but actually manslaughter.

[If you were going to rail at me for my views on abortion then don't bother. This is neither an appropriate thread nor am I bothered to reply; there are a tonne of threads about it on this website already.]

EDIT: That last comment wasn't aimed at you iThrow btw. Just to readers in general.

i try and avoid the abortion argument too. at the very least my view is our current legal framework is wholly unsuitable when it comes to abortion. but yeah if you took the legal view that a fetus isn't a person then yeah you could probably get around the 'murder'

at least we both agree the chap is scum
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
I would've thought middle eastern appearance + headscarf would've been enough for it to be Muslim. Do you see many non-Muslim women wearing the headscarf (hijab) where you live or something?

Ok first of all you pulled Somalian out of some hat of yours. And you can't even be bothered to show proof. Admit that.
Second of all, mate...anyone can wear a head scarf. Jews wear headscarves as well, people on chemo, people who think it's fashionable...

dunno why you're putting hijab in brackets like someone said that word anywhere, stop tryna bait me.

3rd of all, you can be of Middle Eastern appearance and not be Muslim, and I know you know this.

Last thing I say to you.
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;rY0WxgSXdEE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE[/video]
Original post by 0to100
Ok first of all you pulled Somalian out of some hat of yours. And you can't even be bothered to show proof. Admit that.
Second of all, mate...anyone can wear a head scarf. Jews wear headscarves as well, people on chemo, people who think it's fashionable...
3rd of all, you can be of Middle Eastern appearance and not be Muslim, and I know you know this.

Last thing I say to you.

I didn't pull it out of a hat. If I could find the post again on facebook, I would've shown it. I had a look and I only found the telegraph post, so that's what I gave you.

I think you're trying a bit too hard to argue that it wasn't a Muslim.
ugh

I'm no psychic but I can see when someone wants an abortion debate :tongue:
I pointed out in another comment that I really don't want an abortion debate. I slightly regret even bringing up the point in the first place.
I pointed out in another comment that I really don't want an abortion debate. I slightly regret even bringing up the point in the first place.

Are you sure you don't want to start an abortion debate? Because this is how you start an abortion debate :tongue:

Don't worry, I'm not going to start an abortion debate, because it isn't the right thread for it anyway
This is disgusting
Will definitely go down for manslaughter unfortunately. Sickening to see the rise in Islamophobia now turn into violence.
Original post by MedioCentro97
Will definitely go down for manslaughter unfortunately. Sickening to see the rise in Islamophobia now turn into violence.

Where did it say she was Islamic...go on, where. And playground insults about my intelligence without sufficient explanation won't cut it.
Original post by 0to100
Er no I read that.

Anywayz.

This may clarify the situation more:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-37462107
About 50 people have turned out to show support for a woman who lost her unborn twins in a suspected racist attack.
The 34-year-old Somalian woman fell over after being kicked and racially insulted outside a Co-op in Bletchley, Milton Keynes, last month.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending