The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fred_morgan
Does BNP Paribas reject straight away if you failed their tests?

24-36 hours
Original post by Commercial Paper
Barclays reject just came through, first one of the campaign

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear bro. Was this after Insight 1 or 2? I've not heard back from 2 yet.
Original post by oracle95
when did you do the first round business test?

About three weeks ago, long time ago whenever it was

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S_12345
24-36 hours

Thank you!
Original post by Turing
Sorry to hear bro. Was this after Insight 1 or 2? I've not heard back from 2 yet.

After Insight 1, never got Insight 2. They said they're going to send me another report about how to improve so will be interesting to see what that says.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JessicaPearson
Commiserations but keep on persevering. If you don't mind my asking, what has your status changed to online? I've not heard back since the first insight and I was just wondering if they forgot to send me a rejection e-mail!

I could never see / work out how to access my application online so I have no idea. Some people got rejects and others got invitations to online interview so I think they're doing them now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by torres657
don't worry mate and keep going, as you said we need only one

probably we didn't pass first test

Thanks mate, fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiwith
Nope, applied as soon as they opened, but no news.

same here, hope they get back to us this week
Reply 3348
Original post by TheParham
Thursday said i met min req for tests, yesterday e-mail said i met req again and will be reviewed for telephone interview, I'm sure you will get yours soon if you've passed the tests dude don't worry

*dudette hahaa. Yeah same, i got the first and second email both on thursday so I just have to wait and see if they like me enough to invite me to the phone interview :crossedf:
Reply 3349
I could never see / work out how to access my application online so I have no idea. Some people got rejects and others got invitations to online interview so I think they're doing them now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got a rejection as well. But not too bothered, a bank that does a 2 hour test without even having seen a CL or a CV is an absolute joke.
Original post by AKRP
Got a rejection as well. But not too bothered, a bank that does a 2 hour test without even having seen a CL or a CV is an absolute joke.

Makes it a level playing field in a way, this stupid test of 2 hours will give them a good insight into you as a person (or the super amazing friend who actually took two hours of his day to do it for you)
Anyone have their nomura IBD tele interview this week or has had it already?
Thanks mate, fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received that email as well, I got rejected too ))
If I read correctly, you can apply to different postions AND different cities for MS SA. Do you have to repeat the tests for each location/position?
Hi guys, just wondering if there's any point in applying from mid October onwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apriori1234
Hi guys, just wondering if there's any point in applying from mid October onwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

there's every point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apriori1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

If for summer, I think the latest you could leave it is November to still have some sort of decent chance. For Grad end of October is the latest, but by then you would have to be an exceptional candidate to stand a chance of getting through.
Original post by Liquid Gold.
there's every point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha... such as? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Those of you who did the DB test, how long did it take before they reverted as to wether you failed or not?
As it just says this under my status

"You have successfully completed the online test(s) and your results have been submitted. Your full application is now under review by the local Graduate Recruitment Team. You will be contacted in due course regarding the outcome of your application screening." ?
I got an email from Barclays saying I got accepted to a video interview after doing business insight stage 1 but it doesn't say it's business insight stage 2. So have I skipped a step???

Also, has anyone done this video interview and does anyone have any tips?? Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending