The Student Room Group

I Really am starting to like him!

Okay, so I met this guy online. We pretty much hit it off straight away with our senses of humour being so similar. We exchanged Kik details first but I hardly used the app, slowly things moved to snap and then to whatsapp. He lives about 2 hours from me and we have talked about meeting up, and both of us agreed that we would definitely be doing it in the future. He's 4 years older than I am. I recently just moved out of home for university and he's been my comfort throughout the process and just assured me when I really needed it. The thing is, slowly our relationship as two friends has grown and we started getting really flirty with each other and he made loads of remarks of wanting to kiss me etc. I can tell he is experienced in relationships but prior to him entering my life i have only had one relationship before - we lasted 2 years but we had never kissed, touched or done anything sexual. However, we come from different backgrounds and faiths and I doubt he will understand what I really want and the fact that I want tor refrain from everything sexual for now until marriage. SO.. me being me, we said goodnight etc on Saturday night and I never texted him the following morning. I saw him view my snapchat story so he probably thinks Im ignoring him, Ive done this once before and I explained to him why (last time it was because I was just in a sad mood that day) and he completely understood and comforted me not to feel that way and if I was then to call him when Im alone. However, this time the reason is stupid. It's because I'm falling for him SO hard and I don't think he feels the same way about me. I don't know how he's actually like, how many girls he has seen or if he's still seeing them, what his intentions are w me. So instead of carrying on and falling for him deeper, I chose to cut ties w him in hopes of not pursuing anything at all with him. BUT - I can't. get. him. out. of. my. mind. Literally, he's all I think about all day in university, I really miss him and we're both stubborn so don't text each other how ppl would. But I don't want to just completely go for it, knowing I will fall in love with this guy and he won't feel the same w me. Any advice? Please be genuine :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, so I met this guy online. We pretty much hit it off straight away with our senses of humour being so similar. We exchanged Kik details first but I hardly used the app, slowly things moved to snap and then to whatsapp. He lives about 2 hours from me and we have talked about meeting up, and both of us agreed that we would definitely be doing it in the future. He's 4 years older than I am. I recently just moved out of home for university and he's been my comfort throughout the process and just assured me when I really needed it. The thing is, slowly our relationship as two friends has grown and we started getting really flirty with each other and he made loads of remarks of wanting to kiss me etc. I can tell he is experienced in relationships but prior to him entering my life i have only had one relationship before - we lasted 2 years but we had never kissed, touched or done anything sexual. However, we come from different backgrounds and faiths and I doubt he will understand what I really want and the fact that I want tor refrain from everything sexual for now until marriage. SO.. me being me, we said goodnight etc on Saturday night and I never texted him the following morning. I saw him view my snapchat story so he probably thinks Im ignoring him, Ive done this once before and I explained to him why (last time it was because I was just in a sad mood that day) and he completely understood and comforted me not to feel that way and if I was then to call him when Im alone. However, this time the reason is stupid. It's because I'm falling for him SO hard and I don't think he feels the same way about me. I don't know how he's actually like, how many girls he has seen or if he's still seeing them, what his intentions are w me. So instead of carrying on and falling for him deeper, I chose to cut ties w him in hopes of not pursuing anything at all with him. BUT - I can't. get. him. out. of. my. mind. Literally, he's all I think about all day in university, I really miss him and we're both stubborn so don't text each other how ppl would. But I don't want to just completely go for it, knowing I will fall in love with this guy and he won't feel the same w me. Any advice? Please be genuine :smile:

To which faiths do the two of you belong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Rhaenys10
To which fates do the two of you belong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you mean sorry?
what do you mean sorry?

u said u belonged to different fates
what faiths are those
(edited 7 years ago)
You know what, GO FOR HIM! Be brave and ask him does he feel the same way. Open up to him. Don't let him go. I could say a lot more, but first fix things up. Remember lifes too short to regret anything. If you need anything just ask x
Having different faiths will play a big role in whether you relationship works.
You have to be sure he knows and respects your beliefs, with regards to faith, as well as physical intimacy.
So if you really want to make the relationship work, communication is the most important thing. Tell him about your faith, your dos and don'ts, and based on his response (if he is willing to respect your values), you'll know whether you want to stick with him or not.
Original post by Rhaenys10
u said u belonged to different fates
what fates are those

I think you'll find it was faiths not fates.
Original post by DeathGuardElite
I think you'll find it was faiths not fates.

omg ur right=)))
dunno what i was thinking lol
thanks for letting me know
First things first message him. If you leave it hanging like this you'll not get over him you'll always wonder what if. That feelings not just going to go away. Tell him you were busy or something then after a while suggest you play 21 questions. In the middle of it ask him his religion then tell him yours (I can already guess what your religion is). Then use that as the opportunity to discuss your faiths. You need to talk about it because if you were to get into a long term relationship it WILL come up and could get in the way of some parts of your relationship. I know you don't want to talk to him about it and the easy option is just deleting him and all history of him and hoping it all goes away. It won't. If by the end of that conversation he says you're not compatible because of your religions or you get a bad vibe then you know it wasn't to be. But you writing him off completely before even beginning that conversation, well that's just being unkind to yourself
Reply 9
Original post by Pinkberry_y
First things first message him. If you leave it hanging like this you'll not get over him you'll always wonder what if. That feelings not just going to go away. Tell him you were busy or something then after a while suggest you play 21 questions. In the middle of it ask him his religion then tell him yours (I can already guess what your religion is). Then use that as the opportunity to discuss your faiths. You need to talk about it because if you were to get into a long term relationship it WILL come up and could get in the way of some parts of your relationship. I know you don't want to talk to him about it and the easy option is just deleting him and all history of him and hoping it all goes away. It won't. If by the end of that conversation he says you're not compatible because of your religions or you get a bad vibe then you know it wasn't to be. But you writing him off completely before even beginning that conversation, well that's just being unkind to yourself

You are so right. Thanky ou so much for your advice. I am going to write up something right now and if it happens, it happens. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Original post by hipsterrapunzel
Having different faiths will play a big role in whether you relationship works.
You have to be sure he knows and respects your beliefs, with regards to faith, as well as physical intimacy.
So if you really want to make the relationship work, communication is the most important thing. Tell him about your faith, your dos and don'ts, and based on his response (if he is willing to respect your values), you'll know whether you want to stick with him or not.

I completely agree and when the time comes closer if we start getting serious, I guess I will for sure. Thanks so much!

Original post by xMindMotivationx
You know what, GO FOR HIM! Be brave and ask him does he feel the same way. Open up to him. Don't let him go. I could say a lot more, but first fix things up. Remember lifes too short to regret anything. If you need anything just ask x

haha, thank you so much. I am gonna go for it :biggrin:

Thanks all so much. I just needed that boost!
You are so right. Thanky ou so much for your advice. I am going to write up something right now and if it happens, it happens. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I completely agree and when the time comes closer if we start getting serious, I guess I will for sure. Thanks so much!

Let us know how it goes!

YAASSS! You needed that. glad you got it x
You've never met him, it's not real till you meet him. Whole thing sounds immature.
Original post by xobeauty
You've never met him, it's not real till you meet him. Whole thing sounds immature.

I realise that, but I don't agree that it can't be 'real'. I've had a similar situation with my ex boyfriend who I met from social media and we met then started dating. We lasted a whole, healthy 2 years.
Don't worry! I think I'm in love with a guy that has a girlfriend. I've started talking to him online for about couple of weeks now and he is soo nice and we have so much in common (he also puts 'xxx's at the end of his messages) but he hasn't told me he has a gf but i've found his other social media accounts... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending