The Student Room Group

Can i get my maths teacher to predict me an A*?

I'm predicted an A for maths as it stands. I got high A's in C1 and S1 but got a C in C2 just down to panicking in the exam somehow. To get an A* in maths you need to average 80% in your AS modules and 90% in your A2 modules- i've met the AS boundary and know i can meet the A2 bounday, so d'you think i stand a chance getting my teacher to bump my prediction to an A*?
Original post by mavrick388
I'm predicted an A for maths as it stands. I got high A's in C1 and S1 but got a C in C2 just down to panicking in the exam somehow. To get an A* in maths you need to average 80% in your AS modules and 90% in your A2 modules- i've met the AS boundary and know i can meet the A2 bounday, so d'you think i stand a chance getting my teacher to bump my prediction to an A*?

Yes
If you got a C in C2 from panicking and expect t get an A* you will have to calm down a lot for C3/C4. You have to do a lot more work in the exam for them, and have to score over 90%, so unless you are getting high 90's for C2 then it would be hard to get that A*.
i did further maths this year btw and got 100%
Reply 3
Original post by steve jobss
If you got a C in C2 from panicking and expect t get an A* you will have to calm down a lot for C3/C4. You have to do a lot more work in the exam for them, and have to score over 90%, so unless you are getting high 90's for C2 then it would be hard to get that A*.
i did further maths this year btw and got 100%

I panicked, it happens, so what? And you don't need 'high 90's for C2' to get an A* in mathss. I just said that you need to average 80% in your as modules which i have done...and what does you getting 100% in further maths have to do with anything. I did/am doing further maths btw...you're just trying to exaggerate the requirements to make yourself look somehow 'better'- i'm asking for genuine advice not for arrogance.
(edited 7 years ago)
I panicked, it happens, so what? And you don't need 'high 90's for C2' to get an A* in mathss. I just said that you need to average 80% in your as modules which i have done...and what does you getting 100% in further maths have to do with anything. I did/am doing further maths btw...
Oh and i did chemistry and got 100%

Triggered?

He is giving you advice don't bite his head off :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by johnTroy1
Triggered?

He is giving you advice don't bite his head off :smile:

You've just replied to annoy me even more instead of at least replying to the actual question. Thanks.
Why are you asking strangers on TSR? We have no idea what your school is like, what your teachers are like or anything else for that matter. One school's policy is different from another's. Just ask your teacher directly.
Reply 7
And you don't need 'high 90's for C2' to get an A* in mathss. I just said that you need to average 80% in your as modules which i have done..

You don't need to average 80% in your AS, numerically you need only a low C as you need 480/600UMS overall - if you get 300 at A2 then 180 at AS would suffice. However, C1 and C2 are much easier than C3 and C4 so statistically speaking, if you can't achieve an A at AS then your chances of an A* are slim.

As another poster has said, there is little point asking us, you need to talk to the teacher making the prediction.

Quick Reply

Latest