The Student Room Group

Get your personal statement reviewed by a TSR PS reviewer before you submit

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If it weren't for the fact that this is a busy time I'd be tempted to submit my PS which got me into uni for review:ninja: just because one of my teachers said it would get me in no where (it got me 5/5 offers:biggrin:) and I'm curious.
Original post by Aph
If it weren't for the fact that this is a busy time I'd be tempted to submit my PS which got me into uni for review:ninja: just because one of my teachers said it would get me in no where (it got me 5/5 offers:biggrin:) and I'm curious.

I reckon teachers overestimate the importance of personal statements, on courses which give out >80% offers I'd assume it'd just come down to grades.
Reply 22
Original post by DarkEnergy
I reckon teachers overestimate the importance of personal statements, on courses which give out >80% offers I'd assume it'd just come down to grades.

I don't know, she was considered the schools 'UCAS expert' and generally knew what she want talking about on most things. Although I don't remember my unis acceptance rate.
Original post by Aph
I don't know, she was considered the schools 'UCAS expert' and generally knew what she want talking about on most things. Although I don't remember my unis acceptance rate.

Ah right. Its just that at my college my teachers reckon regardless of grades, if your PS isn't going to be awarded the Nobel prize in literature then you've got no chance of getting in. You can check offer % here btw: http://university.which.co.uk/courses
Original post by alleycat393
This has been rectified now :smile:

Hi, do I have to use the PS builder if I want to submit my PS for review? I've used a different template off Reddit and it would be a pain to re-write it all to fit the student room format. Thanks.
Hi, do I have to use the PS builder if I want to submit my PS for review? I've used a different template off Reddit and it would be a pain to re-write it all to fit the student room format. Thanks.

You don't have to use the PS builder before submitting for review but we suggest that you do as it's been developed for the UCAS system. Please make sure you let us know in the title of your thread what you're applying to study and in the body of the thread that it's your final draft.
Original post by alleycat393
(..)

Thank you
I just sent my personal statement using the submit for review link in the first post, but it hasn't shown up in the private forum. Is this because it takes a while to process?
sorry if I sound impatient, I'm just really really worried that I've posted it publicly and I'll have to do it all over again!!!
:frown::frown::frown:
Original post by ConicalFlask
I just sent my personal statement using the submit for review link in the first post, but it hasn't shown up in the private forum. Is this because it takes a while to process?
sorry if I sound impatient, I'm just really really worried that I've posted it publicly and I'll have to do it all over again!!!
:frown::frown::frown:

It's in the private forum now :smile: I'm guessing it just takes a few mins for it to be processed
How do I know if I've submitted my statement right and that it's not public?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just checked your threads:
https://gyazo.com/99640d07b27f8d0ae41e4f63bf0214c3
It's private.
Thanks phew breathes a sigh if relief

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks phew breathes a sigh if relief

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it's fine. Posted mine a few hours ago and I was so worried when I saw it had 10 views I got one of my mates to sign up to the student room and check my account.
Haha it's fine. Posted mine a few hours ago and I was so worried when I saw it had 10 views I got one of my mates to sign up to the student room and check my account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The key is that if you can't see other threads in the forum, it's in a private section
Don't want to come across as greedy but is there a possibility of getting a personal statement reviewed more than once? I have a draft that I am currently happy with but it may change significantly in the next few months and I don't want to submit it for review now if I'll be unable to submit an updated version later.

Really appreciate this service though!
Original post by aadil10
Don't want to come across as greedy but is there a possibility of getting a personal statement reviewed more than once? I have a draft that I am currently happy with but it may change significantly in the next few months and I don't want to submit it for review now if I'll be unable to submit an updated version later.

Really appreciate this service though!

We only guarantee one review so please only submit your final draft.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi could anyone help me please, i am really confused!

I have done a draft for my personal statement but i need an expert to check it, whenever i click the link ' Check your personal statements on here' on
TSR it doesnt work then it says there is no posts to view in this forum. How do i send my personal statement to TSR?. Any help would be much appreciated.

Original post by Sara135742
Hi could anyone help me please, i am really confused!

I have done a draft for my personal statement but i need an expert to check it, whenever i click the link ' Check your personal statements on here' on
TSR it doesnt work then it says there is no posts to view in this forum. How do i send my personal statement to TSR?. Any help would be much appreciated.

It's a private forum - you can only see threads started by you in there

There's actually a bunch of threads in there.

Start a thread - if you're nervous then just start a thread without your PS in the first post and ask someone else to check if they can see it or not. Then when you're happy edit your post/reply to your thread adding on your PS.
Got my PS checked about a week ago, 10/10 would recommend. Thanks @alleycat393 :smile:
Reply 39
I get: "looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site." when I click the forum link

@She-Ra can we check this?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending