The Student Room Group

Why are some girls not girlfriend material?

I can pull a lot of guys on a night out and have done so in the past but non of these guys call or text me the next day (well one did but I realised I had no chemistry with him so ended things). What do other girls do to capture their man?
I really want a boyfriend lol. What makes some girls NOT girlfriend material?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ha ha ha lol very funny, I'm being serious though. From my experience guys have seen me as two things: cute (in a aw she's so cute, not in a dating way) or hot on nights out (but only let's kiss her and try to sleep with her kind of way)
I was stuck so deep in the friend zone- the guy I was in love with called me sister xDD. He just wouldn't even want to try me, when we really got on so well and told me the girl he asked out thought he wasn't interesting and liked bad boys. Think of yourself as a diamond. Stop chasing. The right guy will pursue you instead.
Reply 3
Original post by Lemons1990
I was stuck so deep in the friend zone- the guy I was in love with called me sister xDD. He just wouldn't even want to try me, when we really got on so well and told me the girl he asked out thought he wasn't interesting and liked bad boys. Think of yourself as a diamond. Stop chasing. The right guy will pursue you instead.

Well lemons can I just say two things
First I'm sorry about your friend zoning I can imagine that's awful. Secondly loads of people on here have advised me in the past to chase the guy I want and be bold which I have done but they just don't want to know
Original post by Anonymous
I can pull a lot of guys on a night out and have done so in the past but non of these guys call or text me the next day (well one did but I realised I had no chemistry with him so ended things). What do other girls do to capture their man?

To be gf material then id wnat someone whose company I enjoyed and could do things other than sex. I guess you need to show them enough potential that they want to see you again. Pulling on a night out (beer goggles+ dark+ noise) might not be the best environment?

Men quite enjoy a bit of a chase as well, so needy isnt good.
Btw it might just be the place where you are pulling or you havent met the right boy.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
To be gf material then id wnat someone whose company I enjoyed and could do things other than sex. I guess you need to show them enough potential that they want to see you again. Pulling on a night out (beer goggles+ dark+ noise) might not be the best environment?

Men quite enjoy a bit of a chase as well, so needy isnt good.

Right can someone help me out here. How do I strike the balance between showing him I'm interested but not being needy

lol

Original post by 999tigger
Btw it might just be the place where you are pulling or you havent met the right boy.

^
Well lemons can I just say two things
First I'm sorry about your friend zoning I can imagine that's awful. Secondly loads of people on here have advised me in the past to chase the guy I want and be bold which I have done but they just don't want to know

I've never had a boyfriend and I just turned 25. xD I never hold back about feelings. I'm brutally honest even if they paint me badly. With friend zone guy i told him off the bat that I liked him within a month of us just chatting. Second guy I was interested in- I was the one who asked him out, but he didn't feel the spark. We still chatted online for 5 months now he's the one who hasn't replied back to me.

The one guy who asked me if he could buy me a drink at a club- I turned down. I was still new to the club scene so i wasn't really used to it. But most people there just want a quick hook up anyway.

I'm not one of those in your face hot girls, but I know I still have value even if i'm not being chased. The more I flirted and tried the less I got. I just literally decided today that I was going to stop. I've spent 25 years alone, i can handle another couple of months surely? xD
i guess it all depends where you first meet them.

for example, finding guys at a pub or a club, you're most likely not going to get a call the next day unless they just want a quick smash. they wouldn't even see you as a loyal girlfriend, as they probably thought you would've approached a handful of other guys too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe you have a **** personality and come off a bit desperate.
Food vs no food...
I can pull a lot of guys on a night out

This pretty much. If you're looking for something meaningful then you may want to dial back on the casual escapades. It wouldn't bother some lads, but others wouldn't feel comfortable with it. Not judging you, go do what you want, only a suggestion.

Otherwise, just be a decent human being.
Maybe you have a **** personality and come off a bit desperate.

Ok define a **** personality
Be flirty but play hard to get

Spoiler

Original post by RainbowMan
To my limited knowledge, guys who think "aw she's cute" will definitely think you're GF material. But plenty of guys aren't interested in having gfs especially the guys that are "pull-able" on a night out :biggrin:.

Perhaps you need to find the right guy (I'm so helplful, I know)

You're actually spot on

when and how the **** did you become a community assistant (whatever that is)
Original post by johnTroy1
Be flirty but play hard to get

Spoiler

HOW?! Just how?! I don't understand how I can do that. Give me some examples
Original post by 0to100
when and how the **** did you become a community assistant (whatever that is)

I'm speshal.
No really is there an application process, a vote, selection..?
Original post by 0to100
No really is there an application process, a vote, selection..?

Doubt it was a vote. Would've seen the pollz in the chat section

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending