The Student Room Group

Guys, how can girls improve their looks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luckyblossom
Oh please. I'm so ugly that I'm a 24 year old girl who's never been able to get a boyfriend. You have no right to be complaining about your looks.

I specified I wasn't complaining, just about improving. Also, you literally have no idea what I look like. For all you know I could look like a tortoise that's had it's shell bashed in with a frying pan and then got blended. Who knows? I'm a mystery.

I ain't trying to out-do anyone, I want to look pretty when I go to dinner with my boyfriend and his parents, that's all.
Oh please. I'm so ugly that I'm a 24 year old girl who's never been able to get a boyfriend. You have no right to be complaining about your looks.

Proof?

Spoiler

Original post by AlexLawrence1453
Take a new one.

Okay, I guess. I'll die of embarrassment but hey ho. I'll PM them, yeah?
Original post by ShannyMorrison
Okay, I guess. I'll die of embarrassment but hey ho. I'll PM them, yeah?

I'm down.
I specified I wasn't complaining, just about improving. Also, you literally have no idea what I look like. For all you know I could look like a tortoise that's had it's shell bashed in with a frying pan and then got blended. Who knows? I'm a mystery.

I ain't trying to out-do anyone, I want to look pretty when I go to dinner with my boyfriend and his parents, that's all.

If you've got a boyfriend you're already pretty.

Proof?

Spoiler

Well I'm not going to post a pic here but there was a very large thread (hundreds of comments) about how ugly I am because someone found a pic of me.

So that should give you an idea.
Well I'm not going to post a pic here but there was a very large thread (hundreds of comments) about how ugly I am because someone found a pic of me.

So that should give you an idea.

Gnarly.

Yeah you can pm it'll be a nice bonding experience. I'll share the love.
If you've got a boyfriend you're already pretty.

Believe it or not it doesn't happen like that. My boyfriend is an incredibly shy person and many people mistook this as him being rude. We met in halls of residence and I noticed he was drunk and sitting all alone. Turns out I was the only one to talk to him properly that night.

He liked me because I (literally) saw him and approached him even though he had b*tchface syndrome. I also managed to get him to combat his shyness and with time managed to convince him he wasn't unattractive.

Despite what you may think, he wasn't chilling with a beer and chatting with friends as I entered the room and 'blew him away'. The angels didn't sing and the room didn't fill with smoke. I wasn't a stunning minx in black leather and lace.
Good hygiene and a nice smile
Maybe get rid of spots, keep yourself clean and perhaps lose weight? But remember that youre not out impress others, you're out to impress yourself, get yourself someone who's happy as you are with yourself
Believe it or not it doesn't happen like that. My boyfriend is an incredibly shy person and many people mistook this as him being rude. We met in halls of residence and I noticed he was drunk and sitting all alone. Turns out I was the only one to talk to him properly that night.

He liked me because I (literally) saw him and approached him even though he had b*tchface syndrome. I also managed to get him to combat his shyness and with time managed to convince him he wasn't unattractive.

Despite what you may think, he wasn't chilling with a beer and chatting with friends as I entered the room and 'blew him away'. The angels didn't sing and the room didn't fill with smoke. I wasn't a stunning minx in black leather and lace.

You were attractive enough for him to want a relationship with you rather than a friendship. Therefore you're pretty. So relax, you don't really need to improve anything :smile:
You were attractive enough for him to want a relationship with you rather than a friendship. Therefore you're pretty. So relax, you don't really need to improve anything :smile:

Nah, he's just not big on looks and I'm not big on dressing up so it goes hand in hand. If you could change one thing about yourself I think it should be how you perceive yourself. If you wouldn't say those things to another girl why say them to you?
Nah, he's just not big on looks and I'm not big on dressing up so it goes hand in hand. If you could change one thing about yourself I think it should be how you perceive yourself. If you wouldn't say those things to another girl why say them to you?

I would think them about another girl but not say it to her out loud, that would be cruel. Unfortunately I can't hide my own thoughts from myself.

Also it's a bit of a stretch to call me a girl, to even put me in the same category as girls. I'm a failure of a girl.
From my personal perspective:
- I much prefer no makeup at least while in a relationship. It makes me feel like you're more comfortable with me and yourself. If you just want to look aesthetic, then lather it on.
- It's not about how you look, it's about how you present yourself. Work on exuding more confidence.
- Work on your posture

I ****ing hate tumblrisms. GTFO.
Original post by Shipreck
I ****ing hate tumblrisms. GTFO.

Hey, man, just like, calm down, man, be cool, man, peace.
make up
Things women can do to look better:

Lose weight
Be young

Everything else is tinkering at the edges.
I would think them about another girl but not say it to her out loud, that would be cruel. Unfortunately I can't hide my own thoughts from myself.

Also it's a bit of a stretch to call me a girl, to even put me in the same category as girls. I'm a failure of a girl.

Probably still more of a girl than me :s-smilie:
I unfortunately wasn't gifted in the looks department. I'm not so ugly I break mirrors or anything and I'm pretty sure my mum didn't think about drowning me at birth. Also, I've managed to secure myself some wonderful partners over the years.

However, I have one motherducking face that needs improving. Don't tell me 'you're perfect the way you are' because if I wanted to hear that I'd have asked my mum for advice, not the internet. Don't get cute with me.

What can make a girl go from a 4 to a 9?

...or even a 4 to a 4.5 because, you know, everything's appreciated.

Doubt you are a 4.

A good hairstyle, make-up, the right clothes and exercise will go a long way.

Don't change too much. You may become objectively more attractive. But you may also cover up the 'flaws' that make your appearance unique. Some people will like your appearance as it is.

C'mon please don't say that. :frown:
Original post by stefano865
C'mon please don't say that. :frown:

Some people really have no hope..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending