The Student Room Group

Best solution for acne and spots?

My face has become infested with spots, acne and acne scars. If you've experienced this/ Experiencing this, pls give me a quick solution to it. Im prepared to buy products. thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fksociety
My face has become infested with spots, acne and acne scars. If you've experienced this/ Experiencing this, pls give me a quick solution to it. Im prepared to buy products. thanks.

Benzyl Peroxide 5%. It's great stuff, I swear by it
Reply 2
awesome thanks angryredhead, ill buy it tomorrow and see how it goes :smile:

Cant you get the Benzyl Peroxide 10% as it is stronger?

Yeah, I've used it on adult acne and now it's by and large gone. Best to apply it last thing at night and sleep with it on
The product name please?
Original post by ForcomeAnarchist
The product name please?

Acnecide gel
Reply 7
Original post by Vishstar
Cant you get the Benzyl Peroxide 10% as it is stronger?

Possibly, im just gonna ask someone at the store if getting a stronger one will cause side effects
Reply 8
Original post by 010197
Drink 3 litres of water a day, stop eating dairy and red meat. Your acne might get worse for a while because your body will be detoxing. Change your pillowcase once a week at least. For the acne scars, rub a lemon slice on your face and leave it for about 30 minutes. Only do this on weekends or if you know you won't be going out the next day, because your skin will be more sensitive to sunlight so it could make your scars look worse. Do it every other day if you can. Stop using processed harmful chemicals on your skin. LUSH have some really good natural products that you could research, although the products I bought didn't do much for me. When you shower, always finish with about 5 minutes of cold water so you close all your pores

Awesome mate thanks, however some of these are a little impractical given that i go school so i'll do what i can:smile:
Thanks !! I've tried clays and stuff and it's just not working as effectively as I would like it to.
Thanks !! I've tried clays and stuff and it's just not working as effectively as I would like it to.

You are wasting your time with stuff like that, for acne you need topical antibiotics. They don't build up resistance to it either so you can use it however long you need to
How fast are the results?

Garnier Skin Natural Pure 3In1 Wash/ Scrub 150Ml << That's what I use like daily, minimal results...
Reply 12
Asked to be referred to dermatology by your GP.
How fast are the results?

Garnier Skin Natural Pure 3In1 Wash/ Scrub 150Ml << That's what I use like daily, minimal results...

Pretty quick, took a couple of days for me but they looked less red after the first application. Just keep on with it and your acne will be history in no time
Yeah, it's best to consult your Dermatologist first because some products might harm your skin with the ingredients they use.
Reply 15
Onion juice. Honestly.
Reply 16
Possibly, im just gonna ask someone at the store if getting a stronger one will cause side effects

Careful with it, it irritates the skin so you want to start with something lower percentage like 2-5 then after a month you can go to higher percentage. Because while it may get rid of acne, you might end up with irritated skin instead.

10% sulphur soap can also be used, especially if you are finding acne lower in your body too, like neck or back. And if you have oily skin too

I've had acne for a good 3 years now (from 15 to 18) and I've tried various methods. I find that my acne lessens in periods of less stress (i.e. Christmas + Summer) but it's always there and comes back. My acne hasn't disappeared but apparently it has improved... I'm left with a few scars but not many (I didn't pop too many of my spots). I tried Benozyl Peroxide too and that just burnt my face...It was only 2.5% and I only dabbed it but it still burnt my cheeks. So I resorted to...waiting it out. And here I am, still waiting the acne out.. I hope it clears soon. If it doesn't I plan on seeing a dermatologist. Don't let acne ruin your self-esteem. I had my first girlfriend whilst I had the worst of my acne so as long as you don't let it get to you, you'll be fine!
Reply 18
Original post by Someboady
I've had acne for a good 3 years now (from 15 to 18) and I've tried various methods. I find that my acne lessens in periods of less stress (i.e. Christmas + Summer) but it's always there and comes back. My acne hasn't disappeared but apparently it has improved... I'm left with a few scars but not many (I didn't pop too many of my spots). I tried Benozyl Peroxide too and that just burnt my face...It was only 2.5% and I only dabbed it but it still burnt my cheeks. So I resorted to...waiting it out. And here I am, still waiting the acne out.. I hope it clears soon. If it doesn't I plan on seeing a dermatologist. Don't let acne ruin your self-esteem. I had my first girlfriend whilst I had the worst of my acne so as long as you don't let it get to you, you'll be fine!

Try sulphur soap. I tried benzoyl peroxide myself and the low percentage didn't help but more than that would irritate my skin too much. But if I wash my face with sulphur soap every day it really minimised the acne and it's a natural product too. Just might have to get used to the smell a bit although it doesn't linger on the skin
your doctor will be able to get you the right cream/medication if needed
going vegan is what stopped my spots and now i always have a glow thanks to all the fruit, veggies and water i have

Quick Reply