The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
I want as many people involved with the project as possible - especially more 'known' users like yourselves so I'd love to have both on board? :smile:

Yeah I'm all for it :smile:
Really don't want to take my meds tonight and suffer through side effects when I am already in a bad way. :s-smilie:
Original post by Airmed
Really don't want to take my meds tonight and suffer through side effects when I am already in a bad way. :s-smilie:

I feel your pain!

Recently finally went to see a doctor to diagnose and treat a long-term skin condition which i feel is at the very least partially responsible for some of my mental health. And as soon as i get the medication i then come down with freakin' Pneumonia a few days later!

Being 'that guy' who didn't want to go back to the doctor without treating himself i decided to simply battle through the pneumonia with lots of water, rest, and coughing. Pretty sure my work collegues thought i was dying...but as they say, whatever doesn't kill ya simply makes ya stronger!

Goodluck! Now i'm finally better i'm going to start my round of medication, i hope you feel well soon!
Original post by Francis Urquhart
I feel your pain!

Recently finally went to see a doctor to diagnose and treat a long-term skin condition which i feel is at the very least partially responsible for some of my mental health. And as soon as i get the medication i then come down with freakin' Pneumonia a few days later!

Being 'that guy' who didn't want to go back to the doctor without treating himself i decided to simply battle through the pneumonia with lots of water, rest, and coughing. Pretty sure my work collegues thought i was dying...but as they say, whatever doesn't kill ya simply makes ya stronger!

Goodluck! Now i'm finally better i'm going to start my round of medication, i hope you feel well soon!

Ah thanks :h: Yeah, I am on stuff for acne too, but it is just not helping. Hope to have a dermatology appointment come through, but waiting lists :/ Hope you feel better now, pneumonia sounds nasty!
That nasty neighbour is back to his old tricks and its affecting my stress and mental heath.

Woken at 5.30am 5 or 6 days a week by him cheekily using my garden for his dog which barks and runs around

Then I get back from college around 6pm and within 30 minutes I have about 20 minutes average of dog barking when he lets his dog run around, then again around 8pm

He came round 30 minutes ago and its about 45 out of every 60 seconds I hear loud barking, this dog is the size of a german shepherd so its massive and barks so loud I can hear it in the field next to the flats when walking home.

Whenever you try and speak to this person he either laughs at you, blanks you or if you politely mention the noise he screams "racist"

How can scum like that act like they are the victim.
Original post by Deyesy
I want as many people involved with the project as possible - especially more 'known' users like yourselves so I'd love to have both on board? :smile:

Happy to contribute too if needed!
Original post by bullettheory
Happy to contribute too if needed!

If you'd be up for it, that'd be awesome honestly! It's going bring something different but positive to the MH forum. That is all I'm saying for now :tongue:
Original post by Deyesy

Let me know if I can help! :smile:
Just got back from a lab exam. I'm so bad at judging how well I've done, even when I get like 20% right, but I'm so worried I've ****ed it up. I need at least a C in this class, without which I won't be able to proceed with my degree (and even then a C is bottom of the barrel so I would find part 2 of this class even harder).

I feel really down. Like every time I set my sights on what I want to achieve, something goes wrong and I never get there. The other day I saw 2 cops in walmart (buying coffee, popcorn, and pop-tarts :tongue: ) and I watched them and wished so badly that I could be in their shoes. I know I'm meant to have moved on, and I have, my degree leads to a career that I'm sure I want but dreams don't fade that easily. :sad:
Original post by Sabertooth
Let me know if I can help! :smile:

Honestly the more the merrier with this! You should be able to find out what the idea is in the project area :ninja:
Original post by Deyesy
Honestly the more the merrier with this! You should be able to find out what the idea is in the project area :ninja:

Happy to help if you need more hands x

--

I feel so stupid right now.
Got an F.

:cry2:
Original post by Sabertooth
Got an F.

:cry2:

Oh saber :hugs: can you retake? Can you get feedback on your grade?
No longer have to see the crisis team every night and don't have to be monitored taking my medication :biggrin:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Happy to help if you need more hands x
--
I feel so stupid right now.

Of course! It's something anyone and everyone can get involved with :excited:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Oh saber :hugs: can you retake? Can you get feedback on your grade?

Can't retake the exam and it's dragged my high 60 (D) average down to a very low 60 average. I still have 3 more exams to do in this class, but it's going to be so much harder now and I can't see myself being able to pass those either. This is my 3rd attempt at this class. I feel like a complete failure. :frown:

Btw, not seeing the crisis team anymore is great, I bet you feel awesome about that. Though I do hope you continue to do well, I know it's easy to slip backwards. :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
`thogutht i could keep a lid on things but evidently not.
:jumphug:

Original post by Pathway
Thank you.

Thanks. Idk what I'd even say. I just can't cope anymore. I hope you're doing OK.

Offer's there (to anon too!), can talk just about random stuff if it would help or anything else. You can do it :hugs:

Original post by CorpusLuteum
Worried of being alone when my sister leaves.

Worried about exactly the same thing, hate myself for it but she's the only irl person I really have other than my parents who just don't get it. Also welcome to pm if want to talk about it, don't know how much help I'll be but still.

@Little Popcorns thanks, hope you're alright! :grouphugs: everyone else too
Big hugs to all who need. :grouphugs: :loveduck:
Original post by Airmed
Ah thanks :h: Yeah, I am on stuff for acne too, but it is just not helping. Hope to have a dermatology appointment come through, but waiting lists :/ Hope you feel better now, pneumonia sounds nasty!

Have you tried doxcycline or i think its called lymecycline?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

Worried about exactly the same thing, hate myself for it but she's the only irl person I really have other than my parents who just don't get it. Also welcome to pm if want to talk about it, don't know how much help I'll be but still.

Yeah, she's the only one of my siblings left in the same house who actually talks to me.
It's not a good time, also, when I've just started sixth form and don't want to be going about it alone.

Latest