The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am applying for PPE (sort of reapplying.. got an offer last year but decided to apply again this year). :smile: I didn't do A-Levels but an international qualification (German Abitur 1,0 if anyone can make anything of this :smile:)
Last year I applied to Chad's and got allocated to Hild & Bede, this year I am going to apply to Castle/University :smile:
I also can sort of confirm that they don't send offers too early. I got my offer in February and applied in October.
I still hope that they are not mad at me for rejecting them last year..
I hope everyone here gets an offer, good luck! :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
just found out that this year durham are doing an entrance exam for maths :frown:
Original post by KloppOClock
just found out that this year durham are doing an entrance exam for maths :frown:

I only just found out too!!:s-smilie:
Original post by bananabrain12345

cost me £39 to register!
Original post by scblx
I am applying for PPE (sort of reapplying.. got an offer last year but decided to apply again this year). :smile: I didn't do A-Levels but an international qualification (German Abitur 1,0 if anyone can make anything of this :smile:)
Last year I applied to Chad's and got allocated to Hild & Bede, this year I am going to apply to Castle/University :smile:
I also can sort of confirm that they don't send offers too early. I got my offer in February and applied in October.
I still hope that they are not mad at me for rejecting them last year..
I hope everyone here gets an offer, good luck! :smile:

Well, good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)

Original post by bananabrain12345

To be fair, it looks like a pretty easy entrance exam.
Original post by jamestg
To be fair, it looks like a pretty easy entrance exam.

yeah and a good result in the exam could lead to a reduced offer :smile:
yeah and a good result in the exam could lead to a reduced offer :smile:

Good luck! Which college are you thinking of putting as your preference?
Original post by jamestg
Good luck! Which college are you thinking of putting as your preference?

no idea so far, and im sending off my application tomorrow. if i dont decide then ill just do an open application.

what about you?
no idea so far, and im sending off my application tomorrow. if i dont decide then ill just do an open application.

what about you?

St Mary's!!! It was really nice and well located too. The buildings are nice, the rooms are a good size and the grounds are lovely! I'd strongly recommend applying :colondollar:
Original post by jamestg
St Mary's!!! It was really nice and well located too. The buildings are nice, the rooms are a good size and the grounds are lovely! I'd strongly recommend applying :colondollar:

I'll give it a look :smile: the only college that I don't really like is St Johns
Hello!!
At AS level I got AAAB and I'm not sure about my predicted grades yet as my teachers are yet to finalise them (possibly AAA/A*AA). I'm applying for geology and hopefully to St Hild and St Bede!!
Hey everyone :biggrin:

GCSE: 3A*,4A,3B
A2; A*A*A (maths, further maths, physics)

Applying for Natural Sciences (maths and computer science)

Am I right in saying Josephine Butler is the only self-catered accommodation? I have it chosen currently only because I really want to be self-catered.
Original post by DylanJ42
Hey everyone :biggrin:

GCSE: 3A*,4A,3B
A2; A*A*A (maths, further maths, physics)

Applying for Natural Sciences (maths and computer science)

Am I right in saying Josephine Butler is the only self-catered accommodation? I have it chosen currently only because I really want to be self-catered.

yes and st cuthberts which offers all 3. Self catered is significantly cheaper so it's a shame only 2 places offer it :s makes me worried in case they allocate me else where if accepted
Original post by Theawesomejem
yes and st cuthberts which offers all 3. Self catered is significantly cheaper so it's a shame only 2 places offer it :s makes me worried in case they allocate me else where if accepted

Thank you for letting me know. its crazy how they dont have more self catered colleges actually

yea I agree with the cost thing, especially as i can barely eat anything first thing in the morning so id be paying for nothing basically. Also for me my days would just be too rigid if I had to go for lunch and dinner at certain times.
Applying for Maths at Hatfield. Would love to study at Durham, and ex girlfriend of mine was a Hatfielder back in the day.

I'll be doing the entrance exam I expect, as it'll give my application something a little extra.
Someone should make a facebook group!:smile:
[to the person who gave me the positive rating]
I'd make one, but I'm blind and don't really know how it works... I mean, I wouldn't be able to upload a photo or add a description, but if you could PM me, I'd give you my full name so you can add me, create the group and make you an admin. :smile:
Hi everyone! :smile:

Applying to study Law

GCSEs: 10A*s, 1A
IB: 43/45

Struggling between either St Mary's or University College, any advice?
GCSES: 11A* 1A
AS: AAAAB
Predicted: A*A*A*A
Subject: Economics
College: University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending