The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL applicants for 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nihil_nimis
Hi, did they get back to you and say it is ok to apply with a medicine personal statement or do you have to send a different one ?

Hiya I've heard nothing yet unfortunately. With it being a new course this year I wonder if they are still smoothing out who deals with enquiries etc lol
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi, hoping to apply to Econ :smile: I'm international, so I did the iGCSE's instead, here's what I got: 7A*s including early entry maths, 4As. currently doing the IB diploma, predicted 40 but hoping to bring some grades up. I also do further maths so its 40 + 5/6, hopefully i get predicted a 6 in further since I've been getting 7s in the recent tests. UCL is definitely my reach but I really hope I get in!
I'm a student at UCL, going into my second year

Feel free to ask any questions
I'm applying to UCL for Natural Sciences :smile: If you make a group chat, please add me! I need people to read my personal statement! It's due the friday after next, I'm so scared.
Original post by Fleuves
Hiya I've heard nothing yet unfortunately. With it being a new course this year I wonder if they are still smoothing out who deals with enquiries etc lol

Lol, yeah I tried emailing them too but haven't received a response, I really like the look of the course but if they don't accept medicine personal statements I think I will just apply to biological sciences instead. Should I try calling them or emailing someone else because I really need to know before I apply.
Original post by popcornjpg
What are you AS's, AS grades and GCSEs like?

I have a C in English Language which is worrying me even though I have good extenuating circumstances.

At AS I got AAAA for Sociology, History, Politics and Applied Business. Dropped the last one. Predicted A*AA. Still kind of worried about my GCSE Eng Lang though.

GCSEs I got 5 A*s, 4 As and a B (in art)
AS i got AAAB in history, english lit, psychology and german, but I've dropped german now.
To my knowledge I'm predicted A*AA (we haven't been told our english but I'm assuming I'll be predicted an A haha)
I wouldn't worry about the english language grade tbh - especially if you have a good reason as you say!
How is your personal statement going? I'm having a little trouble writing mine because I'm applying for history at UCL, but applying for history & english at some other unis! :s-smilie:
Original post by nihil_nimis
Lol, yeah I tried emailing them too but haven't received a response, I really like the look of the course but if they don't accept medicine personal statements I think I will just apply to biological sciences instead. Should I try calling them or emailing someone else because I really need to know before I apply.

Give them a ring and refer to the e-mail you sent. I'm limited with my options so not so urgent for me. But if you could let me know what they say I'd be very grateful :smile: *
Anyone else applying for Medical Physics?
Who else here is applying for Economics? And when are you planning on applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone should make a UCL Applicants 2017 entry facebook group.
Original post by DarkEnergy
Someone should make a UCL Applicants 2017 entry facebook group.

I would, but I'm not from the UK....
Original post by dorababy1995
I would, but I'm not from the UK....

Why does that mean you can't make it?
Why does that mean you can't make it?

Shouldn't the admin be someone fromt he UK? (plus I'm blind and wouldn't really be able to monitor the group.) I'd love to create one, though.

You know what? I'll make one (it'll be called "UCL applicants 2017) and will ask someone to...
OK, done. The only rpoblem is I can't add anyone because I don't know anyone who's applying.
Shouldn't the admin be someone fromt he UK? (plus I'm blind and wouldn't really be able to monitor the group.) I'd love to create one, though.

You know what? I'll make one (it'll be called "UCL applicants 2017) and will ask someone to...

I don't think it matters too much, I suspect quite a lot of people not from the UK will be applying to UCL :smile:

Okay good, thanks! Could you link to the group if possible please?
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think it matters too much, I suspect quite a lot of people not from the UK will be applying to UCL :smile:

Okay good, thanks! Could you link to the group if possible please?

The problem is I can't add any members so it won't appear.

I'm actually from an EU country so I'll still be classed as "home/EU". The bigger problem is that I can't really act as a moderator.

I've tried to PM you, but TSR is a bit "hit and miss" - it doesn't always work for me.
Have you got my PM?
Have you got my PM?

Sorry was away from my PC, I got it yeah thanks - added you (unless I've got the wrong person).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending