The Student Room Group

Why are some girls not girlfriend material?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry Bird
you can't turn a hoe into a housewife

WTF I'm not even a hoe
Original post by TorpidPhil
Maybe try online dating.

I get the impression most guys attended clubs and these days even bars are not really looking for anything particular serious or long term...

At least with online dating you can establish whether the person is wanting something serious or not before you meet them and get your hopes up...

As a girl you'll have a lot of choice and very little competition there too.

Well Phil I've actually tried online dating but I never get round to going on a date with them because I back out of it. The idea of meeting a guy and knowing you're both there to date and that's the sole reason you started the conversation online goes against my principles and I'd be very embarrassed to tell people I met them online
Because they drink everyday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I can pull a lot of guys on a night out and have done so in the past but non of these guys call or text me the next day (well one did but I realised I had no chemistry with him so ended things). What do other girls do to capture their man?
I really want a boyfriend lol. What makes some girls NOT girlfriend material?

If you can "pull loads of guys" you're making yourself too easy. Guys don't want to have something they can have for one night and get rid of ... theres no chase
From what you said it sounded like you flirt / have sex with quite a few people ... maybe you should stop this xx Good luck :smile:
i like pussy i like pork
WTF I'm not even a hoe

oh, maybe try meeting someone at the library
Original post by Lemons1990
I've never had a boyfriend and I just turned 25. xD I never hold back about feelings. I'm brutally honest even if they paint me badly. With friend zone guy i told him off the bat that I liked him within a month of us just chatting. Second guy I was interested in- I was the one who asked him out, but he didn't feel the spark. We still chatted online for 5 months now he's the one who hasn't replied back to me.

The one guy who asked me if he could buy me a drink at a club- I turned down. I was still new to the club scene so i wasn't really used to it. But most people there just want a quick hook up anyway.

I'm not one of those in your face hot girls, but I know I still have value even if i'm not being chased. The more I flirted and tried the less I got. I just literally decided today that I was going to stop. I've spent 25 years alone, i can handle another couple of months surely? xD

Lemons love your honesty! Wish I was brave enough to tell ppl how I feel!
I can pull a lot of guys on a night out and have done so in the past but non of these guys call or text me the next day (well one did but I realised I had no chemistry with him so ended things). What do other girls do to capture their man?

Well that's your problem, going 'on the pull' isn't where you look to make an emotional connection, it's where you go for sexual gratification. They're not looking for a gf and you look like you're not looking for a bf.

Simply put:
If I want to have sex with a girl AFTER knowing her and having some kind of relationship with her, then she is gf material to me. This takes time.
If I want to have sex with a girl because she's available, she is not. This has no commitment put into it, just *** and go.

They make a habit of spreading their love hole and allowing strange men to indiscriminately fill them with their seed
Original post by Hotpotato786
Lemons love your honesty! Wish I was brave enough to tell ppl how I feel!

Being brave for me isn't not feeling scared, it's feeling scared and doing it anyway. When I was a kid, I had this moment where I didn't stick up for myself because I was going to be the good girl. I stayed silent, but it killed me on the inside. I felt the way I did but didn't express it- but where was the sense in that?
Keats is my unsung hero. He wrote "beauty was truth, truth beauty. " Apparently "I have balls" and im braver than I think I am because most girls won't admit their feelings. But our feelings they are what they are, repressing them is what gets us into trouble.

I've always just thought if I loved you. I would let you know how special you were to me, not just by my words but by my deeds. But being honest has it's downsides. It totally ruined my relationship with friendzone guy- we went from being close to not even talking anymore.

I watched the movie dead poets society. They have this line about Carpe diem- seize the day! That became my mantra. Sounds rather morbid but If I died today, what would be the things I would regret not doing because I was afraid to. I repeated that over and over again, before I went over and spoke to the cute waiter boy I noticed at the gym. Old me would never have gone up to him.
Original post by 0to100
I' gonna miss you when you get banned if you don't stop being so brutal :laugh:

I'm kdding.Ban or no ban, don't ever stop. Go out like a soldier.

'sweping this bs' tho
was so ****ed up last night that i became dyslexic lol
anyway, if i do go down,

Spoiler

Well Phil I've actually tried online dating but I never get round to going on a date with them because I back out of it. The idea of meeting a guy and knowing you're both there to date and that's the sole reason you started the conversation online goes against my principles and I'd be very embarrassed to tell people I met them online

Weiiirrrd.

Given that you think like that I don't really know what to say.

Myself I find 'hunting for boyfriends' in clubs/bars more against my principles. These people are essentially strangers, you have some superficial conversation and suddenly you are imagining yourself simultaneously rearing their kids and ****ing them? And if you aren't, well perhaps that is why you are wasting your time.
Reply 52
The idea of meeting a guy and knowing you're both there to date and that's the sole reason you started the conversation online goes against my principles

but the idea of pulling randoms in a club isn't?
Original post by Rhaenys10
'sweping this bs' tho
was so ****ed up last night that i became dyslexic lol
anyway, if i do go down,

Spoiler

loool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending