The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J0333
Any OCR AS geography people on here? Or anyone that does English lit & Lang or media? Anyone wanna be my virtual revision buddy?😂👏🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did someone say media? :biggrin:

(what am I doing on at this appalling hour? I have flu ;-; )
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 921
Original post by hxfsxh
Haha, thanks 😊 Seriously though, I might be of no use but I can help where possible 😂

Yeah, that would be great! Thank you😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 922
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Did someone say media? :biggrin:

(what am I doing on at this appalling hour? I have flu ;-; )

Don't you like media then?😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0333
Don't you like media then?😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

The complete opposite, it's my favourite A-Level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 924
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
The complete opposite, it's my favourite A-Level

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine too, it's really fun! I think it will be my best grade out of the three because it's coursework heavy and I'm not great at exams😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Introduce yourself
Hi my name is olamide akintokun and I am currently in year 12- What are your hobbies and interests?
I love to cook, watch anime, read fanficiton, hang out with friends and I love youtubers. I also have an passion for volunteering
- What subjects are you planning to take?
I have taken biology, psychology and business studies a levels.
- Your favourite subject(s)?
At the moment it is definitely biology and psychology
- Your ideal future occupation?
I'm not sure but I am looking to study neuroscience or medical science or possibly radiography
Original post by J0333
Mine too, it's really fun! I think it will be my best grade out of the three because it's coursework heavy and I'm not great at exams😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love it so much, we had an induction to make an advert and present it. I had fun doing that
I'm Evie, i'm taking geography, RS, and sociology (media AS). I love humanities, and and currently away at boarding school in somerset, but I live in Bristol! I want to do a combination of two from social policy, geography and international relations at uni, but i'm hopefully applying to HSPS social sciences at Cambridge Univesty, else I want to go to Exeter or durham! I want to be a diplomat/work in the foreign office, or work in government or on international policies! I love horse riding, political debates and chatting :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by eviebrizzle
I'm Evie, i'm taking geography, RS, and sociology (media AS). I love humanities, and and currently away at boarding school in somerset, but I live in Bristol! I want to do a combination of two from social policy, geography and international relations at uni, but i'm hopefully applying to HSPS social sciences at Cambridge Univesty, else I want to go to Exeter or durham! I want to be a diplomat/work in the foreign office, or work in government or on international policies! I love horse riding, political debates and chatting :smile:

Hello! It's nice to see another Evie on here apart from myself. :ahee: Having a nice time with A-Levels so far?
Original post by J0333
Yeah, that would be great! Thank you😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right now, history is the big killer 🙃
Reply 930
Original post by hxfsxh
Right now, history is the big killer 🙃

Ah I bet! Can I ask a question because I really don't wanna start a new chat just for this tbh? Are unis lenient with a levels linking to the courses, because I have a few different ideas of uni courses but I'm not sure I'll be able to do them as my a levels don't really compliment the subject? For example do you need biology to do nursing? 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0333
Ah I bet! Can I ask a question because I really don't wanna start a new chat just for this tbh? Are unis lenient with a levels linking to the courses, because I have a few different ideas of uni courses but I'm not sure I'll be able to do them as my a levels don't really compliment the subject? For example do you need biology to do nursing? 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

It honestly depends on what the subject is compared to what uni course you wanna do. And I think you do need biology for nursing.
Original post by J0333

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think unis are pretty lenient and I think you do need biology for nursing, but your options are pretty open so I wouldn't worry about it 😊
Greatttt thank ya!!biology is defo my fave ATM chemistry is a bit of a challenge and psychology is quite good!!!hbu?
Original post by itslaurenx
Ooohhh!! How are you finding them?:h:
Reply 934
Original post by Fractite
It honestly depends on what the subject is compared to what uni course you wanna do. And I think you do need biology for nursing.

Okay thank you! I'm struggling to find subject-related jobs that I want & I'm struggling with the motivation of it too! My as levels are geography, media and English lit and Lang 😖
Reply 935
Original post by hxfsxh
I think unis are pretty lenient and I think you do need biology for nursing, but your options are pretty open so I wouldn't worry about it 😊

Thank you! Despite getting all passable grades, I was slightly disappointed with a couple of my GCSE grades so I'm going into panic mode trying to be well revised and have a plan for the next step & it's not going well😳😩
Original post by J0333
Thank you! Despite getting all passable grades, I was slightly disappointed with a couple of my GCSE grades so I'm going into panic mode trying to be well revised and have a plan for the next step & it's not going well😳😩

Same here with the trying to be well revised; admittedly I did do quite well at GCSE but a lot of my subjects were not thoroughly revised, so I definitely want to stay on top of all my work this year. Try not to panic too much yet though; its still early stages
Reply 937
Original post by hxfsxh
Same here with the trying to be well revised; admittedly I did do quite well at GCSE but a lot of my subjects were not thoroughly revised, so I definitely want to stay on top of all my work this year. Try not to panic too much yet though; its still early stages

Thank you!! Yeah it's still early days, I'll see how it goes!☺️
Original post by J0333
Thank you!! Yeah it's still early days, I'll see how it goes!☺️

To be honest, I should really be taking my own advice rather than giving it to you :lol:
Reply 939
Original post by hxfsxh
To be honest, I should really be taking my own advice rather than giving it to you :lol:

With those grades you should quit sixth form and become a tutor!!! 😂

Latest