The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
I'm not sure where they live exactly. I don't see why it shouldn't be considered part of Brum even if it isn't within official city boundaries though. People don't seem to do this with other cities in the UK.

I would even say Sandwell is part of Brum tbh.

Main reason, elitism. The only reason people say it's part of Birmingham is because when someone asks "Where are you from?" it's normally followed with "Solihull, near Birmingham"
Original post by Donkey******
Main reason, elitism. The only reason people say it's part of Birmingham is because when someone asks "Where are you from?" it's normally followed with "Solihull, near Birmingham"

Yep that is true, I noticed a similar thing in Sutton Coldfield though that is actually within city boundaries.
Yep that is true, I noticed a similar thing in Sutton Coldfield though that is actually within city boundaries.

It's amazing what people will come out with. Especially people who live in the awful parts of these places.
Original post by bones-mccoy
If you're 17, maybe

u r hot

I'm from Sutton Coldfield too and I've always said it's in Birmingham!

Edit: well, Four Oaks...but it's just full of posh, old people
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm from Sutton Coldfield too and I've always said it's in Birmingham!

I know of people who will not be happy with what you have just said.

The best thing about Birmingham is the M6, so that you can leave.

I take my Grand-dad to City hospital for his eye appointments, and am so glad when I get back to Leamington.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by meenu89
I know of people who will not be happy with what you have just said.

The best thing about Birmingham is the M6, that is so that you can leave.

I take my Grand-dad to City hospital for his eye appointments, and am so glad when I get back to Leamington.

The same people who probably insist on calling it "The Royal Town" of Sutton Coldfield, no doubt.
The same people who probably insist on calling it "The Royal Town" of Sutton Coldfield, no doubt.

Yep :biggrin:

Maybe this is an age thing. I think the boundaries changed in the 70s which would explain it.
Reply 108
Reply 109
But good shopping centre 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Original post by I am a Lie
u r hot

:rofl:
Reply 111
avoid Handsworth too
Can confirm, there are excellent barber shops in Birmingham that offer high quality grooming.

Might be ran by Muslims.
Original post by moonkatt
Can confirm, there are excellent barber shops in Birmingham that offer high quality grooming.

Might be ran by Muslims.

Hate to play the race card, but it's the real reason it gets a negative rep imo.

Might be ran by Muslims.

What’s the purpose of the second sentence?
It’s a ****hole.
Original post by AppleB
What’s the purpose of the second sentence?

It’s a piss take of the comment over “Muslim grooming gangs”

Is it okay for me to PM you?

I thought it was a really well delivered joke mate. Genuinely funny.
Original post by AppleB
Is it okay for me to PM you?

Yeah, if you want to

Latest