The Student Room Group

Trump or Hillary

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by alcibiade
To be sure, she has made mistakes, but the relentless attacks on her character are largely baseless.

So do you think having no actual opinions, but rather following the polls, does not constitute poor character?
Hillary has more political savvy than Trump (i.e. LESS PR disasters). I'd rather that than an Oompa Loompa with a Kangaroo scrotum on his head!
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
So do you think having no actual opinions, but rather following the polls, does not constitute poor character?

My opinion - and I respect yours - is that accusing Hillary of merely following the polls is a grotesque simplification of what a politician does: they gauge what is possible in their reading of the public mood and work to accomplish it.

For example, Senator Dirksen (an Illinois republican) was a staunch opponent of desegregation until he realized its time had come. Then, after 25 years of opposition, he worked to make it happen. IMHO, Hillary is similar. The intransigence of the Tea Party is an example of failure and lack of confidence in the democratic process, which requires compromise and accepting a glass half full. Hillary will do things in a consistent and principled way.
Original post by joecphillips
Hilary wants a barrier on the Mexican border to stop illegal immigrants from Mexico trump wants a wall to do the same thing, how is one racist and the other not?

Hilary is a homophobe who opposes gay marriage and supports destabilising the Middle East.

What? Trump gave speeches to the 'Family Research Council' that is a borderline hate group against gays, and their leader is an ardent supporter. Please, tell us more about how Trump is doing so much to help LGBT rights.
Reply 64
Original post by Fango_Jett
What? Trump gave speeches to the 'Family Research Council' that is a borderline hate group against gays, and their leader is an ardent supporter. Please, tell us more about how Trump is doing so much to help LGBT rights.

What trump gave a speech to a group, what did he say? Tell me how Hilary is supporting gay marriage when she speaks out against it.
Original post by 999tigger
Neither, but Trump is showing himself inept on the diplomacy front. Would you really wnat his finger on the nuclear button?
Cant say I was impressed when he was attacking the parents of that serviceman that died.

The reason for possessing nuclear weapons is to deter war. If your opponent knows there's no way you would ever use them they lose their deterrence factor.

Unfortunately, Trump would not be the one at any negotiating table so diplomatic successes can continue to pile up around the M.E..

The parents of that killed serviceman need to be reminded that their son isn't the only one killed in a war last year and this doesn't lend any impetus to any opinions they might have. Because of the venue and what was said, Trump, in my opinion, had every right to say anything he wanted to.
As an American, I would choose Hillary (if I could vote. I'll be turning 18 in January, after the November election). I understand the support behind Trump, but I don't think that he should put one group down to benefit another. It seems as if Hillary is looking at unifying the country to get things done, and that's a much better method than Trump's.
Reply 67
I'd go for Trump. Despite the risk, I'd rather him over Hillary - who wants to continue Obama's disastrous policies.
Don't be so binary! #TeamGaryJohnson
Hillary. She's corrupt and won't last more than one term, but the alternative is just too absurd to tolerate. Christopher Hitchens said that he voted Obama because McCain's choice of running mate (Sarah Palin) was not just unwise but an insult to peoples' intelligence. I feel the same way about Trump. On the international stage America would become an unfunny joke.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Hillary. She's corrupt and won't last more than one term, but the alternative is just too absurd to tolerate. Christopher Hitchens said that he voted Obama because McCain's choice of running mate (Sarah Palin) was not just unwise but an insult to peoples' intelligence. I feel the same way about Trump. On the international stage America would become an unfunny joke.

right, so the current state of international politics is tolerable? syria crumbling, iraq descending into chaos, crimea taken into care by putin, north africa also plummetting into chaos and migration, north korea threatening the west - do you really think trump would escalate these problems as obama's decisions have helped bring forth? surely he'd reverse them? I just doin't understand your logic - hillary was *massively* in favour of the iraq war (although to be fair, obama wasn't at that point) so why on earth do you think she would do better than trump who was never in favour of iraq? the whole international chaos here stems from the US interventionist policies that obama and bush were in favour of when they got into power (funnily enough bush was pretty non-interventionist before coming into power in terms of his opinions while debating al gore) so why on earth is hillary going to give anybody any kind of hope around the world? because she's got a ****ing vagina between her legs? why hasn't that stopped her from accepting massive amounts of donations from states in the middle east that abuse their women?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
right, so the current state of international politics is tolerable? syria crumbling, iraq descending into chaos, crimea taken into care by putin, north africa also plummetting into chaos and migration, north korea threatening the west - do you really think trump would escalate these problems as obama's decisions have helped bring forth? surely he'd reverse them? I just doin't understand your logic - hillary was *massively* in favour of the iraq war (although to be fair, obama wasn't at that point) so why on earth do you think she would do better than trump who was never in favour of iraq? the whole international chaos here stems from the US interventionist policies that obama and bush were in favour of when they got into power (funnily enough bush was pretty non-interventionist before coming into power in terms of his opinions while debating al gore) so why on earth is hillary going to give anybody any kind of hope around the world? because she's got a ****ing vagina between her legs? why hasn't that stopped her from accepting massive amounts of donations from states in the middle east that abuse their women?

When did I say that Hillary was even good? Frankly she's completely useless. But stagnation is preferable to regression, which is what we'd get from Trump. Look at this: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/grading-the-presidential-candidates-on-science/?WT.mc_id=SA_FB_POLE_NEWS

Trump simply doesn't accept reality. If I went outside, grabbed a homeless person yelling at pigeons in the park and stuck him on a podium he would make a better candidate then Trump.
Reply 72
When did I say that Hillary was even good? Frankly she's completely useless. But stagnation is preferable to regression, which is what we'd get from Trump. Look at this: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/grading-the-presidential-candidates-on-science/?WT.mc_id=SA_FB_POLE_NEWS

Trump simply doesn't accept reality. If I went outside, grabbed a homeless person yelling at pigeons in the park and stuck him on a podium he would make a better candidate then Trump.

Yes maybe Hillary can help keep up the current trend of race relations under democrat rule
Clinton!

These were at Uni today hahah

IMG_2591.jpg

your sole criterion for judging the candidates is their approach to "science"? :lol: isn't hillary a christian though? I mean, trump is too, but if we're talking about science here, you can't just throw in a religious conviction if we're talking about serious science here
BERNIE!
Original post by 04MR17
Hillary has more political savvy than Trump (i.e. LESS PR disasters). I'd rather that than an Oompa Loompa with a Kangaroo scrotum on his head!

really? you're just going to ignore this extremely serious email scandal that basically proves that she is doing some incredibly shady ****, the clinton foundation money laundering (some extremely serious laundering - this isn't just some meaningless accusation here), all of the libya fiasco *and* her role in the syrian disaster? what about her voting record vis-a-vis the patriot act, the iraq war and "the defence against marriage act" (against gay marriage)? she is a downright trainwreck of a presidential candidate. if she murdered somebody it would probably make no difference to her reputation. her gender isn't going to solve anything here.

oompa loompa with a kangeroo scot on his head? what about hillary's horse "smile"? what about the fact that her husband probably got a blowjob in the chair that she'll eventually have to sit in in the white house? what about the fact that she domestically abused bill? hell, what about the fact that she is part of a ****ing dynasty? I can hurl all these insults at her as well you know, it's really ****ing easy. it doesn't change much though, does it? (well, mine do certainly more than your oompa loompa thing does)

scrotum on his face? what about the fact hillary is probably dying?
(...too soon?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Funny thing is that Clinton isn't, not really. She is in favour of her own popularity.

Hillary Clinton in 2004, when majority opinion was against gay marriage: "Marriage is...a sacred bond between a man and a woman"
and "No" in response to "Do you think New York State should recognise gay marriage?"
As for Hillary Clinton now, when majority opinion is for gay marriage, well, we all know her official "stance", as if any position she holds has any integrity at all

Hillary has no integrity or principles, she just goes to where the popular opinion is. She wants to go down in history as the first female US president. She's a selfish military-industrial complex supporting warmonger.
Original post by Hachik0
BERNIE!

I'll feel your bern if you feel my johnson?
Original post by sleepysnooze
your sole criterion for judging the candidates is their approach to "science"? :lol: isn't hillary a christian though? I mean, trump is too, but if we're talking about science here, you can't just throw in a religious conviction if we're talking about serious science here

Well yeah, if there were a sensible atheist candidate that would be my preference. But it's two competing christians isn't it? I've no idea about the religious beliefs of the main 3rd parties but both Johnson and Stein scored lower than Clinton on religious literacy. I was in favour of Bernie, who seemed to want to keep religion out of politics and I certainly feel that Trump is preferable to say Ted Cruz or Ben Carson because his beliefs are less fundamentalist than the former nominees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending