The Student Room Group

Can i have two student accounts?

I currently am on placement year and have a Santander student account with 1,500 overdraft and this is where my student finance goes. However looking into Barclays student additions account you don't need to have your student finance to go into that account just a student ID to get a £500 overdraft. The catch is that i have to use the Barclays account as my main account, so if I get paid (by my part time job because my placement is unpaid) into that account surely that meets the requirements on both?

Obviously it's not great to have two student accounts but Barclays doesn't specify that i cant have two...

Has anyone had any experience in this and got some advice?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by abbeenorris
I currently am on placement year and have a Santander student account with 1,500 overdraft and this is where my student finance goes. However looking into Barclays student additions account you don't need to have your student finance to go into that account just a student ID to get a £500 overdraft. The catch is that i have to use the Barclays account as my main account, so if I get paid (by my part time job because my placement is unpaid) into that account surely that meets the requirements on both?

Obviously it's not great to have two student accounts but Barclays doesn't specify that i cant have two...

Has anyone had any experience in this and got some advice?

Most Studnet account will have it in the Term and Condition that you can only have one student account. But i am unsure about those two banks. Read the T&C or go in and ask in Brach.
I'm pretty sure its just bad wording but to me your "main" account is where your loan goes in... especially if its a student account

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending