The Student Room Group

Advice on joining the army.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by spanker
Just ring them up and say you want to withdraw your application, they just ask your name and that's it.

thanks
Original post by DeathGuardElite
After the crap i went through i wouldn't serve in the British Army.

It's spouting that kind of gubbins that's getting people's backs up. You're equating being in the cadets and doing a random college course with having served. That's nothing but nonsense.

If I said I'd done A level physics so knew what it was too be a Nobel prize winner you'd call me deluded. And you'd be right. This is the same.
Original post by Drewski
It's spouting that kind of gubbins that's getting people's backs up. You're equating being in the cadets and doing a random college course with having served. That's nothing but nonsense.

If I said I'd done A level physics so knew what it was too be a Nobel prize winner you'd call me deluded. And you'd be right. This is the same.

Did i say that?
Did i ever say me doing the courses and the college courses made me equal to someone that served?
or did i say it to say i have some knowledge on the matter of applying for the job and a grasp of the idea behind the jobs themselves and did not contest the active knowledge of actually doing the job as a daily thing?

I'd say you hadn't won it but in all honesty Nobel prizes mean **** all to me and i have no idea how it'd feel to win a useless piece of metal.

EDIT: Just realized i likely did not fully explain the first part as well as i should have. Even then my part of the thread is pretty much over so no point replying to this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DeathGuardElite
Didn't serve in the British Army i'd rather slit my own wrists then fight and die for a pathetic monarch and her subjects.
Although the fact i didn't serve does not negatively impact my actual comments after all i was an Army Cadet, and i did 2 years of college studying for the Army, i aimed to be a para then decided it wasn't for me if the sheer fact that in the end i didn't do it means i can't comment then the British Army is even lower in my opinion.

So, in other words, you are a no mark civvie cockwomble of a spunktrumpet who doesn;t have the slightest clue what service actually means.

Being a member of the ACF is NOT military experience , and doing uniformed public services at college marks you out as a no-mark as well ... as anyone with a modicum of nouse does an actual subject 16 -18 if they don;t get in to 'boy entry' ...
(edited 7 years ago)
My advice is, don't.
Original post by Drewski

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest