The Student Room Group

Advice

Hi all,
So there's a girl who I've known and have been talking to, both through text and video chat for many months.

She's perfect. I just worry that we're too good friends and I have a history of not acting on these kinds of things for the fear of losing friends. I really don't want to **** things up.
Reply 1
**** it, if you don't go for it you'll always be wondering what if? give it a shot and if she rejects you play it of as a kind of joke
There's no point in being in an unsatisfying friendship where you always want more. You may as well just ask her out and act on your feelings
Reply 3
@dididid @Pinkberry_y
Update: So I told her how I feel, first off drunk, then sober. I got a far better response than I thought I would. I also asked her how she thinks she would react if I asked her out, although I did ask her to turn off her notifications so she didn't know when I sent the question, which she also did not know what the question was before I sent it. She said that she would probably be very happy.

I will go for it!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
@dididid @Pinkberry_y
Update: So I told her how I feel, first off drunk, then sober. I got a far better response than I thought I would. I also asked her how she thinks she would react if I asked her out, although I did ask her to turn off her notifications so she didn't know when I sent the question, which she also did not know what the question was before I sent it. She said that she would probably be very happy.

I will go for it!

good luck going for it :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by dididid
good luck going for it :smile:

It went well although didn't happen how I thought it would have. One of my flat mates was bugging me to ask her out whilst I was on skype with her, luckily I had my mic muted at that point. So I asked her what our situation was and she said something along the lines of "I dunno, we could just say we are going out from now on"

Nothing feels much different but weirdly everyone else seem more excited than both of us even though we are pretty happy about it.

Thanks for the advice guys!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
It went well although didn't happen how I thought it would have. One of my flat mates was bugging me to ask her out whilst I was on skype with her, luckily I had my mic muted at that point. So I asked her what our situation was and she said something along the lines of "I dunno, we could just say we are going out from now on"

Nothing feels much different but weirdly everyone else seem more excited than both of us even though we are pretty happy about it.

Thanks for the advice guys!

congrats :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending