The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James.Carnell
In our best interests, I want Spurs to win but with several ACL injuries and suspensions. And also for Aguero to limp off and disappear for the whole season.

I've got £25 on Aguero top scorer so would prefer it if that didn't happen. Several ACL's and suspensions would be welcome though.
Reply 761
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Nah definitely a win. City won't drop many points all season.

I just don't think I can..

Do we know if KDB is injured?
Original post by SA-1

3 weeks, he's out of the game.
Original post by SA-1

He's injured for their CL game tomorrow so probably. I think Nolito is still suspended as well.
Reply 764
3 weeks, he's out of the game.

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
He's injured for their CL game tomorrow so probably. I think Nolito is still suspended as well.

I can't wait for NLD. Got a real feeling this year is going to be one heated game. Really want Coq to be fit for it, also want to see Xhaka kicking the **** out of someone.

Meeting them in the CL would be the dream.. riots in north London :lol:
Original post by SA-1
I can't wait for NLD. Got a real feeling this year is going to be one heated game. Really want Coq to be fit for it, also want to see Xhaka kicking the **** out of someone.

November is huge for us. Two crucial CL games, Spurs, and Man Utd.

Coquelin is an essential option in big games. I would not start Ramsey against any of those teams. We have better options. I would honestly ease Ramsey in with games against the smaller teams.
Original post by SA-1

Last year's at WHL was massive. It was at the time anyway; obviously seems insignificant now with hindsight. Been a few big ones in the last few years: 1-1 at Highbury 05/06, couple of league cup semi finals. Don't like saying it but since tottenham have drastically improved in the last few years and got closer to Arsenal the derbys have become more significant, whereas they used to just be a formality.

November is huge for us. Two crucial CL games, Spurs, and Man Utd.

Coquelin is an essential option in big games. I would not start Ramsey against any of those teams. We have better options. I would honestly ease Ramsey in with games against the smaller teams.

You're right, he should be eased back into it against small teams. Which is why he'll play against spurs.

Man Utd away is huge. We've already broken our Chelsea duck this season, hopefully we can also amend our horrific record at Old Trafford.
Poch beat Guardiola within the first month or so of his managerial career.
Reply 768
Reports that Özil has signed a new deal, and will get the No 10 shirt
Original post by SA-1
Reports that Özil has signed a new deal, and will get the No 10 shirt

Peakkkk
In our best interests, I want Spurs to win but with several ACL injuries and suspensions. And also for Aguero to limp off and disappear for the whole season.

Inevitable Aguero will get injured at some point, ideally we want in November after all international breaks.
Original post by angelfox
Inevitable Aguero will get injured at some point, ideally we want in November after all international breaks.

Yeah, absolutely, I know they will score goals anyway, but Aguero would be a big miss.

Anyway, anyone else think that Ramsey should get games on the right wing and play a Ljungberg role? One of the great things about Ljungberg was that he always arrived to burst onto a Bergkamp ball at the perfect moment, having a telepathic understanding with him. I think with Iwobi and Ozil, he can do a job there for sure. I am not convinced that Ramsey has to play central to thrive.
Reply 772
Yeah, absolutely, I know they will score goals anyway, but Aguero would be a big miss.

Anyway, anyone else think that Ramsey should get games on the right wing and play a Ljungberg role? One of the great things about Ljungberg was that he always arrived to burst onto a Bergkamp ball at the perfect moment, having a telepathic understanding with him. I think with Iwobi and Ozil, he can do a job there for sure. I am not convinced that Ramsey has to play central to thrive.

Hopefully Theo'a ongoing form would mean that no one can take the RW spot.

I think with Xhaka in the team, Ramsey will really strive. Only thing is, Santi is doing so well there 🤔

With a disciplined Xhaka, Ramsey will hit that 13/14 form. Maybe that's what Wenger is trying to do with Xhaka? Rather than pressing, for him to sit back and unleash Theo and Iwobi.. while Ramsey can burst forward.

Seems like a good plan because a front 5 of an in form Ramsey, Theo, Özil, Iwobi and Alexis aren't really containable are they..
Praying for several ACL injuries because that's the only way you'll beat Spurs.

Strong
Reply 774
Original post by Lúcio
Praying for several ACL injuries because that's the only way you'll beat Spurs.

Strong

Nah, even if Spurs were battling to stay in the PL, I'm sure most of us would still want as many injuries

Other teams we hope drop points

Spurs on the other hand, we hope their club drops dead
Couldn't beat a Man Utd side missing 10 players at the time, what makes you deluded lot so cocky

Tonight, we're Basel's fifth English victims no doubt.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wearing our away kit at home too because Basel couldn't agree on an interim solution to their colours :facepalm: even less chance of winning now
Were exposed down our left with Iwobi poor tracking back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooohh to be a goonerrr!
Reply 779
How are we not winning 7-0

Quick Reply

Latest