The Student Room Group

//
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Drop out > get a job and retake A levels > reapply
Reply 2
You are old enough to make your own decisions and I know you come from a strict family but you really need to explain that to them or they will keep dictating your life.
Hello :smile:,

My best advice is, is as others have said, to drop out of university now. If you aren't enjoying it and it isn't really for you - you aren't ever really going to enjoy your time at university.

Drop out of university, get a job or something along those lines, save up some money and redo your A Levels - save up your credits, do your research into universities and courses and choose the one for you!

Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 4
What a pessimistic view about your course. if you cannot come up with a realistic idea of what you want to do instead
then you should appreciate the fact you got the place

Are you sure you will benefit from university?
Reply 5
I'm in your position right now. I didn't want to go straight into uni because I wanted to find out what course would suit me best and find myself within the gap year but I got forced to go by my family.

I've spoken to people outside of my family and they say do what's best for you. And it's true if you know it's not for you why are u doing it.

I recently withdrawn my place at uni, and honestly I'm so happy words cannot describe how I feel. The point I'm making is do what's best for u, do some research and talk to people e.g professionals or other family members.

Just beware tho there's gonna be people that will say just stay for the year and then drop out. Don't listen to them because they cannot determine your happiness ONLY YOU KNOW!!!

but good luck ☺️😁😁✊🏽

Quick Reply

Latest